PDA

View Full Version : It's time to extend Clements contract after this season if possible

BillsFever21
11-29-2004, 05:36 PM
His contract runs out after next season. I'd like to keep this guy around unless he wants crazy cash to stay. Hopefully we let Winfield walk so we could give Clements the money instead.

Jeff1220
11-29-2004, 05:51 PM
His contract runs out after next season. I'd like to keep this guy around unless he wants crazy cash to stay. Hopefully we let Winfield walk so we could give Clements the money instead.

A few weeks ago, I made some emotion-driven remarks about Nate being a bust and I want to say I was way off base and he's made me proud the past couple of weeks. He's been playing tight, physical defense.
My bad, NC. Keep up the good work!

Dozerdog
11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
How much you willing to give him?

Is there a magic number you will not cross if someone else gives it to him? Iwant him to stay in the worst way myself- but I'm not ready to sell the house to keep him.

Last year was a CB rich market. I hope the mad rush for CBs is over. I also wonder if Ty Law will be out there, getting the attention of big spenders

Ebenezer
11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
How much you willing to give him?

Is there a magic number you will not cross if someone else gives it to him? Iwant him to stay in the worst way myself- but I'm not ready to sell the house to keep him.

Last year was a CB rich market. I hope the mad rush for CBs is over. I also wonder if Ty Law will be out there, getting the attention of big spenders
you also have to judge how much the franchise tag will be, who else will be a free agent and how much we will have under the cap...way too many variables...

tampabay25690
11-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I say we get him now while we can, he is going into his prime these next few years!!!

Hemlepp53
11-29-2004, 10:15 PM
I say we get him now while we can, he is going into his prime these next few years!!!

Agreed.. That is how it is starting to look...

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Sammari Rolle is a FA after this season I think. He'd look nice in blue and red.

Pride
11-30-2004, 06:54 AM
I think the problems we were "seeing" with nate and the rest of the secondary was directly related to the defensive scheme that made them play 8-10 yards off of the receiver prior to the snap.

In recent weeks, they are playing more bump and run, which is making the coverage tighter. I applaud MM and JG for changing, but wondering why it took so long.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Sammari Rolle is a FA after this season I think. He'd look nice in blue and red.

I would rather have Clements.

Devin
11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
he will command serious dollars, all amatter of how bad he wants to stay here.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2004, 03:13 PM
He isn't even a Free agent next year is he? Why worry now?

Ebenezer
11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
He isn't even a Free agent next year is he? Why worry now?
he is at the end of 2005

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok so maybe next year this time we worry about that.

DraftBoy
11-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Id like him see make some more plays on D before I shell out huge money or a long term commitment. Id like to keep him around for lack of a better option, but Id also like to see him live up to his playmaker tag.