McGahee watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

McGahee watch

I know he's not a rookie- as was painfylly brought to my attention by BF1 yesterday.

However- he's still a first-year player for all practical purposes- how does he stack up to other first-year Bills greats?

1980 Joe Cribbs 1185 yards
    1984 Greg Bell 1110 yards
    1962 Cookie Gilchrist 1092 yards
    1978 Terry Miller 1060 yards
    1988 Thurman Thomas 881 yards
    1997 Antione Smith 840 yards
    2001 Travis Henry 729 yards
    2004 Willis McGahee 726 yards
    1969 OJ Simpson 697yards
  • NapalmDeath
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
    I know he's not a rookie- as was painfylly brought to my attention by BF1 yesterday.

However- he's still a first-year player for all practical purposes- how does he stack up to other first-year Bills greats?

1969 OJ Simpson 697yards

Hey 5 games left, Might over take Cribbs

There's truth to the saying Buffalo is a drinking town with a football problem, where a passionate fan base believes it has more answers than Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy."

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

1969 OJ Simpson 697yards
      And the best part about that is that he will most likely be over 1,000 yards for his first season and that is with only starting 11 games out of 16. Sweet!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
        That would be SWEET!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

I wasn't sure I could inflict so much pain!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

1980 Joe Cribbs 1185 yards 16 games
            1984 Greg Bell 1110 yards 16 games
            1962 Cookie Gilchrist 1092 yards 14 games
            1978 Terry Miller 1060 yards 16 Games
            2004 Willis McGahee 922 yards 13 Games
            1988 Thurman Thomas 881 yards 16 Games
            1997 Antione Smith 840 yards 16 Games
            2001 Travis Henry 729 yards 16 Games
            1969 OJ Simpson 697yards 14 Games
            Last edited by Dozerdog; 12-14-2004, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

He hasn't even started every game too.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

I was just cruising around the Internet looking at various merchandising sites and found an outfit out of Michigan using McGahee's jersesy as the icon linking to their NFL team jersey's page

Not a big deal, but it just goes to show that people are indeed starting to take notice that this kid is the real deal.

Here's the link:
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

I think he has a good chance to break the record, although to do it he'll need to get most of the yards against Cincy and SF. I don't think he'll get more than 80 or so against a tough Pitt D.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I think if Pit continues to play so so, instead of amazing like they did 2-3 weeks ago. They could be out of the homefield adv race and may wanna rest there starters, should they continue to win and NE does too, then we may see a tip top D and be in for a long day.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I think if Pit continues to play so so, instead of amazing like they did 2-3 weeks ago. They could be out of the homefield adv race and may wanna rest there starters, should they continue to win and NE does too, then we may see a tip top D and be in for a long day.
                      I still think Pittsburgh will come into Buffalo looking to make a pre-playoff statement. Cowher has never been one to relax. I don't believe Cowher is petty (smug, definitely) but it is possible he might get some personal satisfaction in sticking from to his former boss. Personally, I'm looking for the Bills to give him and his rookie wunderkind a rude awakening.
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by NapalmDeath
                        Three games brutha. The playoffs don't count. That's right baby, the Bills be going to the playoffs.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                          Three games brutha. The playoffs don't count. That's right baby, the Bills be going to the playoffs.
                          Uh....that post you are referring to was 2 weeks old...:)

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
                            I still think Pittsburgh will come into Buffalo looking to make a pre-playoff statement. Cowher has never been one to relax. I don't believe Cowher is petty (smug, definitely) but it is possible he might get some personal satisfaction in sticking from to his former boss. Personally, I'm looking for the Bills to give him and his rookie wunderkind a rude awakening.
                            I really hope that Pittsburgh has homefield wrapped up at that point. No not because I want us playing their backups, but because if we beat them (and we will) while they/rek to neck with the Patriots, then we will have inadvertently helped those mother ****ing pieces of ****, monkey jizz guzzling, New England ***** ass Patriots. Man I hate those ****ers!

Whew! I had to get that out! Mods? Sorry bout them F-Bombs. I couldn't hold back...

Last edited by Drive 4 Five; 12-16-2004, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by helmetguy

I honestly don't know if it will matter. If we go into that game with playoff hopes the steelers are in for a tough time. MOST of the sports writers jumping on our bandwagon agree that cincy is our toughest remaining game.

len P said in his chat today that he has put into to ESPN and is going to the Bills Cincy game for coverage, and Peter King has said that the Pitt @ Buff game is shaping up to be best game in week 17.

I emailed King monday because he barely said 2 words about the Bills and their amazing performance this weekend... guess i should have waited a day because he was just biding his time to put out this:

Peter King on the Bills

my favourite part:

"When a new coach comes in,'' Spikes said, "there's a feeling-out process. There's a time where each side has to get to know the other, and each side has to build that trust. And when we went 0-4, we knew he was on our side, and we knew it was going to work. Coach Mularkey came and in and said to us, 'We're going to stay the course and do what we've been doing. I know what I'm doing is right, and I know you're good players. It'll happen for us.'

I knew PK wouldn't let me down!

Comment

Working...
                              X