X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Breaking News: Butch Davis fired!

Just reported on ESPN Radio. This will likely help when we play them in a couple weeks...
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Who is the GM in Cleveland? I feel that dude is just as responsible for sucking as Davis if not more. Lets cut Couch and re-sign Garcia? These guys have one of the better recieving squads in the NFL and they have no one to through to them.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

I can verify it, I'm listening to it.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Who is the GM in Cleveland? I feel that dude is just as responsible for sucking as Davis if not more. Lets cut Couch and re-sign Garcia? These guys have one of the better recieving squads in the NFL and they have no one to through to them.
        Butch Davis is the GM and Coach.

As for releasing Couch, he sucks worse then Garcia and is not healthy, si tat decision I would not question him on.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EDS
          Butch Davis is the GM and Coach.

Ahh thats what I thought.... Then Butch Davis should be fired twice!!!!
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

garcia is not the problem there.. if garcia was here would we would all be gay (as in happy) because we would be in position to go to the playoffs. we would be at least 2 wins better.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
              garcia is not the problem there.. if garcia was here would we would all be gay (as in happy) because we would be in position to go to the playoffs. we would be at least 2 wins better.
              We win 2 in a row and your still crying!! Untangle your undies, its Bledsoe until we are out... So either root for us to win with Bledsoe or root for us to lose so you can watch Losman learn how to be an NFL QB.
              It was all

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Davis will rebound. I heard he will probably go to Florida Gators and coach them. If so, that job is probably more "attractive" then the Browns. lol

I donno how much money he made in Cleveland, but i gotta assume if all goes right in Florida, he'll make between $2-3 million a year.

It's just too bad that he was not ready for the NFL and is another example of a Spurrier, a great college coach and a bad NFL coach.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  We win 2 in a row and your still crying!! Untangle your undies, its Bledsoe until we are out... So either root for us to win with Bledsoe or root for us to lose so you can watch Losman learn how to be an NFL QB.
                  Good post. I totally agree.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

BTW...how come 2 head coaches were fired in the middle of the season this year, yet we held onto Gregg all damn year last year?

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                      • Aug 2004

because TD comes from a franchise that doesn't fire coaches. Stupid reason.
                      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• cordog
                        eat, drink, and be merry
                        • Apr 2003

Because he has played so well for the browns? Give me a break! I have quite a few friends that are Browns fans, and theyve been calling for Holcolm for a while now. Garcia has not played well at all in Cleveland.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

I couldn't agree more. Someone who can move that is what we need. That is why I want to see what old #7 can do....I wouldn't mind the older #7 we used to have also.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            I couldn't agree more. Someone who can move that is what we need. That is why I want to see what old #7 can do....I wouldn't mind the older #7 we used to have also.
                            His mobility hasnt helped him in Cleveland. Hes been sacked 23 times!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              Uhhh, I guess you haven't watched the games this year. Bledsoe has done a good job moving around in the pocket this year and has actually looked a little fast at times. Plus, he has had a couple runs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X