PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Butch Davis fired!

MikeInRoch
11-30-2004, 07:07 AM
Just reported on ESPN Radio. This will likely help when we play them in a couple weeks...

The King
11-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Who is the GM in Cleveland? I feel that dude is just as responsible for sucking as Davis if not more. Lets cut Couch and re-sign Garcia? These guys have one of the better recieving squads in the NFL and they have no one to through to them.

Jayhawk
11-30-2004, 07:12 AM
I can verify it, I'm listening to it.

EDS
11-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Who is the GM in Cleveland? I feel that dude is just as responsible for sucking as Davis if not more. Lets cut Couch and re-sign Garcia? These guys have one of the better recieving squads in the NFL and they have no one to through to them.

Butch Davis is the GM and Coach.

As for releasing Couch, he sucks worse then Garcia and is not healthy, si tat decision I would not question him on.

The King
11-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Butch Davis is the GM and Coach.

Ahh thats what I thought.... Then Butch Davis should be fired twice!!!!:flush::flush:

Tatonka
11-30-2004, 07:36 AM
garcia is not the problem there.. if garcia was here would we would all be gay (as in happy) because we would be in position to go to the playoffs. we would be at least 2 wins better.

The King
11-30-2004, 07:47 AM
garcia is not the problem there.. if garcia was here would we would all be gay (as in happy) because we would be in position to go to the playoffs. we would be at least 2 wins better.

We win 2 in a row and your still crying!! Untangle your undies, its Bledsoe until we are out... So either root for us to win with Bledsoe or root for us to lose so you can watch Losman learn how to be an NFL QB.

Demon
11-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Davis will rebound. I heard he will probably go to Florida Gators and coach them. If so, that job is probably more "attractive" then the Browns. lol

I donno how much money he made in Cleveland, but i gotta assume if all goes right in Florida, he'll make between $2-3 million a year.

It's just too bad that he was not ready for the NFL and is another example of a Spurrier, a great college coach and a bad NFL coach.

Michael82
11-30-2004, 08:58 AM
We win 2 in a row and your still crying!! Untangle your undies, its Bledsoe until we are out... So either root for us to win with Bledsoe or root for us to lose so you can watch Losman learn how to be an NFL QB.
Good post. I totally agree. :bf1:

Michael82
11-30-2004, 08:59 AM
BTW...how come 2 head coaches were fired in the middle of the season this year, yet we held onto Gregg all damn year last year? :mad: :ill:

Jayhawk
11-30-2004, 09:03 AM
because TD comes from a franchise that doesn't fire coaches. Stupid reason.

cordog
11-30-2004, 09:30 AM

Because he has played so well for the browns? Give me a break! I have quite a few friends that are Browns fans, and theyve been calling for Holcolm for a while now. Garcia has not played well at all in Cleveland.

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 09:44 AM

I couldn't agree more. Someone who can move that is what we need. That is why I want to see what old #7 can do....I wouldn't mind the older #7 we used to have also.

cordog
11-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I couldn't agree more. Someone who can move that is what we need. That is why I want to see what old #7 can do....I wouldn't mind the older #7 we used to have also.

His mobility hasnt helped him in Cleveland. Hes been sacked 23 times!

Michael82
11-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Uhhh, I guess you haven't watched the games this year. Bledsoe has done a good job moving around in the pocket this year and has actually looked a little fast at times. Plus, he has had a couple runs too. :dance:

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Uhhh, I guess you haven't watched the games this year. Bledsoe has done a good job moving around in the pocket this year and has actually looked a little fast at times. Plus, he has had a couple runs too. :dance:

Come on now, I have watched plenty, he sucks. He has moved slightly this year and any movement other then to the ground would be an upgrade over his last 2 years. His mobility didn't help much in the first NE game on the bootleg he was supposed to run but instead fumbled the game away. He has looked decent as of late but 3 INT's isn't what I was looking for. Thank god Willis and the D could keep him out of the doghouse. I still wish we had Flutie though....Garcia IMO would be an upgrade definitely, not in arm strength but definitely in mobility and overall QB play.

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 01:23 PM
These guys have one of the better recieving squads in the NFL and they have no one to through to them.

Better receiving cores in the league? Are you serious? Northcutt is the only one I would consider even decent. The others are terrible, Andre Davis and Antonio Bryant have done nothing in this league.

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Butch being fired is kinda tough....Being a huge Canes fan, I hoped he would do well, and I sure hope he doesn't end up at UF cause that would make me sick.

DraftBoy
11-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Butch being fired is kinda tough....Being a huge Canes fan, I hoped he would do well, and I sure hope he doesn't end up at UF cause that would make me sick.

I hope he goes to UF, and Meyer goes to South Bend.

Michael82
11-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I could see him going to either Florida or possibly Notre Dame, or maybe even Syracuse. :up:

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 01:47 PM
I hope he goes to UF, and Meyer goes to South Bend.

I think Notre Dame is a lock for Urban, he is still under contract but he had 2 schools listed as "outs" for him. Ohio State and Notre Dame. This one is a formality IMO.

I could see him going to either Florida or possibly Notre Dame, or maybe even Syracuse. :up:

I think UF is the only logical choice. They will pay him much more then Syracuse and as I stated above, ND will be filled.

Michael82
11-30-2004, 02:00 PM
I think Notre Dame is a lock for Urban, he is still under contract but he had 2 schools listed as "outs" for him. Ohio State and Notre Dame. This one is a formality IMO.

I think UF is the only logical choice. They will pay him much more then Syracuse and as I stated above, ND will be filled.
So, if 'Cuse drops Pasqualoni....who could replace him?

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Good question. Not sure, but it really isn't as high profile as ND or UF yano. I mean he has been there awhile, and they haven't really been in the spolight in a few years....I have no idea......maybe Willingham : )

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-30-2004, 02:28 PM
hey....i've followed the browns pretty close for the past five years, and I am very glad to see Davis go....should have happened last year.

Butch Davis never won the hearts and minds of his players.....look at Cleveland's roster....it is pretty darn solid. And they had a much better roster for the two years preceeding this one but squandered the opportunities. They have drafted poorly, but have been able to develop late rounders. Davis was still trying to coach like a college coach...which just doesn't work in the NFL.

They are very similar to Buffalo in that they have alot of talent but just can't put it all together.

If you actually watch any Browns games you will know that their receivers are actually very good--and the reason you don't hear anything about them is the same reason you haven't heard Bills receivers get national play for the past couple of years either.....(QB and OL play has been poor to say the least)

Pay attention, because if Cleveland gets a good solid coaching staff in there, they will be very good next year.

The_Philster
11-30-2004, 06:41 PM
BTW...how come 2 head coaches were fired in the middle of the season this year, yet we held onto Gregg all damn year last year? :mad: :ill:
possibly because they both quit rather than wait to get fired at the end of the season
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/7945291
Davis resigns as coach of Browns