PDA

View Full Version : I wanna talk about Troy Vincent for a minute

Pride
11-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Anyone else to the point they want to call this guy up on the phone, tell him to "man up" and get his ass on the field?

This was supposed to be a 2-3 week injury! And here it is the end of November and this guy hasnt played at all!

Tatonka
11-30-2004, 12:16 PM
when was he hurt again? i cant even remember.

Pride
11-30-2004, 12:17 PM
I think after the 2nd preseason game?!?

EDS
11-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Well, I am currently in my eighth week of recovery from stress fractures in both feet - an injury which can heal in as few as 2-4 weeks. The injury has prevented me from participating in the sports I compete in - namely running, cycling and triathlon. When an injury takes a long time to heal it is very tough on the psyche.

I want TV out on the field but I am not going to insult his manhood because his injury is not healing quickly.

chernobylwraiths
11-30-2004, 12:19 PM
when was he hurt again? i cant even remember.

I think against Oakland.

Tatonka
11-30-2004, 12:20 PM
I want TV out on the field but I am not going to insult his manhood because his injury is not healing quickly.

well.. since you wont.. i will..

get out there, troy.. you puss..

sorry.. i am a hockey player.. we just get stitches and get back out there..

BAM
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
I got tired of seeing him being ruled out in the injury report weeks ago. If he comes back, it should be at safety... as others have suggested.

chernobylwraiths
11-30-2004, 12:23 PM

stitches are very different than torn ligaments.

madness
11-30-2004, 12:33 PM
I got tired of seeing him being ruled out in the injury report weeks ago. If he comes back, it should be at safety... as others have suggested.

I'm guessing it's going to come down to wanting the better player on the field. Baker or McGee.

LABillsFan
11-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I hate to say this but will he have that much of an impact? Yes there are some weaknesses in the secondary but if the offense would of clicked earlier, the standings might read 7-4 next to the Bills name. I think it was a waste at this point. Yes McGee has gotten burned, but 3 games lost due to ineptitude on the Offensive side of the ball. I'll consider him a Bill next season, right now he is no better that a practice squad player waiting to get called up.

Iehoshua
11-30-2004, 01:00 PM
I say he is FS when he get back. End of story.

ryjam282
11-30-2004, 01:03 PM
There is no way they bench Baker right now and I doubt they bench McGee either. I think TV will get some time as Nickel corner then ease him back into his #2 spot.

Iehoshua
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
There is no way they bench Baker right now and I doubt they bench McGee either. I think TV will get some time as Nickel corner then ease him back into his #2 spot.
This is a good point, if Baker is performing well, then why bench him for the guy who is older? Perhaps Vincent may be a bench warmer or a 3rd CB...

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2004, 03:09 PM

Why baker hasn't don't anything spectacular if you ask me.

THATHURMANATOR
11-30-2004, 03:12 PM
This is a good point, if Baker is performing well, then why bench him for the guy who is older? Perhaps Vincent may be a bench warmer or a 3rd CB...

Vincent is a star player. Even though he is older he still has more talent. Now if he isn't cut out to play safety that is another story.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2004, 03:17 PM
His injury has given McGee, Greer and Baker an opportunity to develop. I think he may no longer be a big part of our future plans, except as backup and mentor - if we can afford him in a non-starting role.

casdhf
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM

I thought you were a goalie? BIG Difference. :peace:

Crisis
11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
He got injured in the Pats home game.

Mr. Cynical
11-30-2004, 06:16 PM
To be honest, at this point I really could care less about TV. He's on the tail end of his career at CB, so unless he can show he can excel at safety, may as well release him.

Crisis
11-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Something had to of gone wrong in his surgery. I hope his knee is progressing, atleast a little bit.

Mahdi
11-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Troy Vincent is a pro-bowler and one of the best cover corners in the league...this time off has certainly given Mcgee some valuable experience. But I would rather see TV and nate clements covering Chambers and Booker and Mcgee on their #3 which would be a mismatch to our advantage.