X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

More positives than negatives yesterday, but moral victories don't count

From an objective standpoint, the Bills did alot of things very well that bode well for the future yesterday-

- establishing the running game and Travis Henry. Mistake not to commit to him in the red zone, but I never saw him run better for an extended stretch in a game than he did yesterday. O-Line manhandled a bad Chiefs D, but still dominated. Future benefits are immense- a strong balance for the Drew Crew show!

- D played hard-hitting, smashmouth football againsta tough offense. They wilted in the end, but played well enough for 3 1/2 quarters to allow the offense enough to win the game.

- Another strong road effort. Winning teams win on the road. This team is well-prepared to handle adversity of road conditions.

The mistakes were killer, but the Bills did play pretty darn well in a road game, and should have won. Close doesn't count, of course, but here's hoping the Bills' players realize just how close they are to breaking into an elite team - they've only been manhandled once this season, and this loss that should have been a win could be a huge motivator.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

It all came down to lack of discipline and poor play-calling yesterday. But I agree...there were some positives.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

It seems to me that "certain people in charge" are getting caught up in the "shootout hype".
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

You guys are all right. Maybe GW needs to hire a discipline coach. No, I've never heard of such a thing, but he's got to do something to get the point across. THEY CAN'T TAKE STUPID PENALTIES!
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

That's just it. GW was supposed to be a "discipline coach" Apparently those don't work.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
          X