PDA

View Full Version : More positives than negatives yesterday, but moral victories don't count

Judge
11-18-2002, 11:43 AM
From an objective standpoint, the Bills did alot of things very well that bode well for the future yesterday-

- establishing the running game and Travis Henry. Mistake not to commit to him in the red zone, but I never saw him run better for an extended stretch in a game than he did yesterday. O-Line manhandled a bad Chiefs D, but still dominated. Future benefits are immense- a strong balance for the Drew Crew show!

- D played hard-hitting, smashmouth football againsta tough offense. They wilted in the end, but played well enough for 3 1/2 quarters to allow the offense enough to win the game.

- Another strong road effort. Winning teams win on the road. This team is well-prepared to handle adversity of road conditions.

The mistakes were killer, but the Bills did play pretty darn well in a road game, and should have won. Close doesn't count, of course, but here's hoping the Bills' players realize just how close they are to breaking into an elite team - they've only been manhandled once this season, and this loss that should have been a win could be a huge motivator.

lordofgun
11-18-2002, 01:17 PM
It all came down to lack of discipline and poor play-calling yesterday. But I agree...there were some positives.

Cntrygal
11-18-2002, 05:49 PM
It seems to me that "certain people in charge" are getting caught up in the "shootout hype". :(

TigerJ
11-18-2002, 09:40 PM
You guys are all right. Maybe GW needs to hire a discipline coach. No, I've never heard of such a thing, but he's got to do something to get the point across. THEY CAN'T TAKE STUPID PENALTIES!

The_Philster
11-19-2002, 05:00 AM
That's just it. GW was supposed to be a "discipline coach" Apparently those don't work.