• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Media already talking up Bills for '05

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The Bills' 2005 bandwagon is already in motion...
    Buffalo 38, Seattle 9: You want to be understanding about the Seahawks' plight. Injuries at quarterback and other positions, and the suspension of a starting receiver, did plenty to weaken the team. But that doesn't totally explain such a lopsided loss to a team that entered the day with only four victories and chronic problems on the road. The Seahawks didn't come remotely close to resembling a division-leading club. They gave a lifeless, mistake-filled effort that could very well signal a serious unraveling through the rest of the season and raise more questions about Mike Holmgren's future as their coach.

The playoffs might be out of reach, but the Bills are performing as a team that at the very least looks like a rising force for 2005. They overcame Drew Bledsoe's three interceptions with another spectacular rushing performance by Willis McGahee (116 yards and four touchdowns), creative play-calling, sound defense and strong special-teams play. Mike Mularkey and his talented coaching staff finally have put their stamp on this team, and it looks like he is going to lead it well in seasons to come.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7939528

The Bills' 2005 bandwagon is already in motion...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      • Jul 2002

here's another one from Marv:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Beware of Buffalo
      The Bills should have been in the NFC West -- they knocked off the Rams and Seahawks in consecutive weeks and beat Arizona earlier this season. Their 38-9 dismantling of the Seahawks was very impressive. Willis McGahee has come in and proven to be worth the risk Tom Donahoe took in the 2003 draft, and Drew Bledsoe has settled down. They have one of the most superior offensive line coaches in the league in Jim McNally, a tremendous coordinator in Tom Clements and Sam Wyche is there handling the quarterbacks. And the defense has been pretty impressive all year.

All of a sudden, the Bills have some life to them. Granted, they are 5-6 and nearly out of contention of winning the AFC East, but Buffalo is still alive for a wild-card spot. They will have to win the rest of their games to have a realistic chance, but their last five games are against Miami, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Francisco, and a date with the Steelers in Buffalo in Week 17. You never know in this league.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        • Jul 2002

Also, Marv gave Mularkey coach of the week:

COACH OF THE WEEK
        Mike Mularkey, head coach, Buffalo Bills:
        Mularkey has rallied his team to win four of its last five games, and at the very least put together a respectable record. His win at Seattle was dominant -- especially when you consider that Seattle is a potential playoff team. And, that Buffalo defense held Shaun Alexander, one of the league's best rushers, to 39 rushing yards. Wow.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

At my rather advanced age, I can't afford to wish my life away. But I can't wait for next season!
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I like it when we finally get some praise...It has sure been awhile.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
            X