PDA

View Full Version : Thomas ruled out for Dolphins' game with Buffalo

RedEyE
12-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Thomas ruled out for Dolphins' game with Buffalo

December 1, 2004
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Linebacker Zach Thomas, the Dolphins' leading tackler, will not play against Buffalo on Sunday because of a hamstring injury.

Thomas was injured two weeks ago against Seattle, and played only part of the first quarter in last week's 24-17 victory at San Francisco. Rookie Derrick Pope, who had eight tackles and scored the clinching 1-yard touchdown against the 49ers, will likely start in Thomas' place.

Coach Jim Bates said Thomas received ``three or four treatments'' at the team's training facility Tuesday, but the hamstring didn't respond well enough to merit the risk of playing against the Bills.

``He was really going to push himself trying to get back,'' Bates said Wednesday. ``But this week, he's ruled out.''

Thomas, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, has a team-best 132 tackles and made at least 11 stops in each of Miami's first 10 games. It's unclear when he will return, although it seems likely Thomas will also miss Miami's game at Denver on Dec. 12.

FTG
12-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Good! Willis should have a field day!

BAM
12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
:snicker:

Tatonka
12-02-2004, 07:27 AM
i guess shelton will have to find someone else to destroy, waffle style.

mybills
12-02-2004, 07:32 AM
<b>Injuries:</b>
<i>Miami Dolphins</i>
Tony Bua- LB -Out -Quad
Jeno James- G -Doubtful -Knee
Zach Thomas- LB -Doubtful -Hamstring
A.J. Feeley- QB -Questionable -Back/buttocks
Rob Konrad- RB -Questionable -Concussion
Olindo Mare- K -Questionable -Right calf
Sammy Morris- RB -Questionable -Ribs

<i>Buffalo Bills</i>
Troy Vincent- CB -Doubtful -Knee
Josh Reed- WR -Questionable -Knee

I don't see Travis...maybe they haven't updated this yet. :idunno:

Hemlepp53
12-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Looks like Willis will have his way with the D this weekend. I would like to see him break 150 this game. I think it is doable. I'm still planning on heading down for the game. So I will try to hook up with several I have already spoken too. Lets Go buffalo

mybills
12-02-2004, 07:50 AM
:gobills:

G. Host
12-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Thomas ought to save his strength for Broncos anyways; they were beaten by Raiders so Miami ought to have a chance of beating them :pray:

ryjam282
12-02-2004, 08:16 AM
:lolcry: Yeah, I doubt that one....