Easiest way for the Bills to make the playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Easiest way for the Bills to make the playoffs!

I know the playoff possibilities have been done already this week but I thought I would just simplify it as much as I could. This is what I figured out. If you find a mistake in my work just let me know.

We make the playoffs if,

1. Buffalo - We win all 5 remaining games.
    2. NYJ – They lose to Pits, NE and either Stl or Sea
    3. Baltimore – They lose to Indy, Pits and one of the following, Cin, NYG, Mia
    4. Jacksonville – They lose to Pits and GB
    5. Houston – They lose any game.

That doesn’t look so bad.

Breakdown,
    1. Buffalo – We win all 5 games and finish 10-6. The win over Cincy means they can’t catch us.
    2. NY Jets – If they lose to Pitts, NE and one of the NFC West teams they’ll finish at 10-6 and (3-3) which will tie us for the first 3 tie breakers. It will then go to common opponents and we’ll beat them 9-3 to 7-5. We’ll finish ahead of them based on that.
    3. Baltimore – The toughest one. They have injury issues and should have no problem losing to Indy and Pitts, but Cin, NYG or Miami need to go to Baltimore and upset them which would put them at 9-7, one game behind us
    4. Jacksonville – They need to finish the year 3-2, the tough games against Pitts and GB are big and should be tough for them
    5. Houston should lose at least one game. They have Indy, J-ville and the Jets.

So what do we need this weekend. Well all 4 teams losing would be great but is not necessary.

The Jets and the Texans play each other. No matter what happens in this one, it will have some positive impact on our chances. But if the Texans beat the Jets, it’s much better for us in the long run. In my scenario, I’m giving this one to the Jets, so if they do end up losing and with Pits, NE, Stl and Sea over their last 4 weeks, things will be looking very good for us to pass them. (assuming we win out)

The Jags are playing Pittsburgh. This is a big one because in my scenario, I’m counting on the Steelers winning this game.

Baltimore plays Cincinnati in a very big game. This is one of the 3 teams that we need to upset the Ravens. If they can pull it out it’s very big for us.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Patrick76777; 12-02-2004, 11:06 AM.
    Resign our own guys!
  • NJFINSFAN1
    NJ In The House
    • Nov 2004

You can't worry about other teams, just worry about winning your 5 and let the chips fall where they may, no sence driving yourself crazy!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
      You can't worry about other teams, just worry about winning your 5 and let the chips fall where they may, no sence driving yourself crazy!

Good advice, for the players!

Fans do this kind of stuff. It's part of being a fan. It's fun and it makes the games more interesting.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Where is Denver in all of this?

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
          NJ In The House
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          Good advice, for the players!

Fans do this kind of stuff. It's part of being a fan. It's fun and it makes the games more interesting.
          unless your 2-9 and wondering if you will ever win again!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

gee...if we win out we actually do have a chance...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              in pain if they lose to SD this weekend.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                I’m conceding the 5th spot to them.

East – NE
                North – Pitts
                South – Indy
                West – SD
                WC – Den
                WC - Buffalo
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  I’m conceding the 5th spot to them.

East – NE
                  North – Pitts
                  South – Indy
                  West – SD
                  WC – Den
                  WC - Buffalo
                  I concede NOTHING!

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I think I just became a Pittsburgh Steelers fan...If they can win all their remaining games except against the Bills that would sure help us a lot

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

I have a feeling Denver is on the verge of collapse as of last week.......

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Funny thing is... that was the ONLY game I picked incorrectly in my office pool last week. Who would've thought Oakland would win that one?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                          I think I just became a Pittsburgh Steelers fan...If they can win all their remaining games except against the Bills that would sure help us a lot
                          isn't it good for either Pitts or NE to lose 1 or 2?? Indi has to keep playing for a bye...if Pitts and NE run away and hide Indi may just take the division and rest everybody...

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                            Funny thing is... that was the ONLY game I picked incorrectly in my office pool last week. Who would've thought Oakland would win that one?
                            They knocked me out of a losers pool worth $600.

It's a survivor pool and you need to pick 1 loser each week. I picked Oakland.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

This is actually hopeful.

Winning 5 straight is the most difficult part. Beating Pittsburgh the last game of the season is actually highly probable. As long as they have continued success, the last game of the regular season will mean nothing to the Steelers.

Cleveland worries me the most out the other 4 games, but that's not to say the Bills couldn't handle them. hopefully the resignation of their previous head coach will deflate their will to win.

As long as Kitna continues to ride pine, the Bengals game should be a breeze.

The 49ers game will be tough. Minus our recent victory in Seattle, Buffalo has a hard time winning West Coast games.

Comment

Working...
                              X