X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Next years draft - Year of the RB

i pulled this from a fantasy message board.. it is a summary of Mel Kiper on Mike and Mike show this morning..

this is going to make it very difficult to move Henry..

it still baffles me that Cadillac and Brown are both going to be 1st rounders.. when was the last time that 2 RBs from the same school went in the 1st round? ever? it is not uncommon for a school to have two stud RBs at once.. but rarely do you see them come out at the same time.

also.. i am glad we got Losman.. honestly.. Even the QBs at the top of this round really are just no better than losman.. you are looking at a bunch of carson palmers that will go in the top 5 with Lienart and Rodgers.. are you that excited about palmer? i am not.. he may be average.. maybe above average.. but he wont be great.. USC has a system that produces good college qb numbers. nothing more.

posted by jason wood -

Kiper was on Mike & Mike this morning talking up some college pro prospects.

He said assuming Leinart and Rodgers come out, he sees Leinart as the first overall pick battling with Rodgers and RB Cedric Benson. He (surprisingly to me) see Frye right with Leinart and Rodgers at the top of the draft class.

But he spent most of his time talking about the notion that after a few years of perceived mediocrity among RBs, there are four RBs that clearly carry elite grades and will figure into the top 10 overall mix.

1) Cedric Benson
    2) Ronnie Brown
    3) Cadillac Williams
    4) DeAngelo Williams (Junior)

Take it for what it's worth, but he said those four backs are all better prospects than we've seen at the position in quite awhile and won't fall too far in the 1st round assuming they work out at the levels commensurate with what they've done on the field.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
    i pulled this from a fantasy message board.. it is a summary of Mel Kiper on Mike and Mike show this morning..

this is going to make it very difficult to move Henry..

it still baffles me that Cadillac and Brown are both going to be 1st rounders.. when was the last time that 2 RBs from the same school went in the 1st round? ever? it is not uncommon for a school to have two stud RBs at once.. but rarely do you see them come out at the same time.

also.. i am glad we got Losman.. honestly.. Even the QBs at the top of this round really are just no better than losman.. you are looking at a bunch of carson palmers that will go in the top 5 with Lienart and Rodgers.. are you that excited about palmer? i am not.. he may be average.. maybe above average.. but he wont be great.. USC has a system that produces good college qb numbers. nothing more.
    that is why it was important to play him...to keep his trade value high...and one could argue that that was it was important to trade him last offseason...we needed him in case McGahee got hurt...

risk either way...he can still be a good back up next year. TD made the right choice.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

I think I would take Ronnie Brown over Benson.

You can add later round draft picks that might do something:

Kay Jay Harris
      Maurice Clarrett
      Walter Reyes
      Marion Barber
      Jabari Davis
      Brandon Jacobs
      JJ Arington

Comment

• cordog
        eat, drink, and be merry
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        you are looking at a bunch of carson palmers that will go in the top 5 with Lienart and Rodgers.. are you that excited about palmer? i am not.. he may be average.. maybe above average.. but he wont be great.. USC has a system that produces good college qb numbers. nothing more.
        I agree. Carson Palmer will be ok but not anything special. The most telling thing about Palmer and USC is that before Palmer broke the passing records at USC, Rob Johnson held them.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Doesn't Mel always have running backs rated high at this time of year, only to have them drop down the board as it gets closer to draft time? If Benson or Williams runs a 4.6 forty then they will not be a top ten pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Lets not forget about Anthony Davis from Wisconsin, who they are comapring to Ron Dayne. I completely agree with T in his assessment of the QB posistion in this years draft. Aaron Rodgers is the best of the batch but he is a Kyle Boller mold, and Leinart will not be a good pro.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bentleystyleD
              • Dec 2004

I agree with Ghost. I see Ronnie Brown making the biggest impact. The other top backs are good to but that doesnt help the Bills much(especially regarding moving Henry). But the quality of talent in the later rounds is good news for us as Willis will need a backup after we dont resign Travis(if we cant get good value in a trade).

BentleyD

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Cadillac will be the most productive, I cant wait to see them on Saturday when they hand Tennessee their asses, I got my Cadillac spinners ready to go all polished and shiny.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Cadillac will be the most productive, I cant wait to see them on Saturday when they hand Tennessee their asses, I got my Cadillac spinners ready to go all polished and shiny.
                  i agree.. williams is my favorite rb out of the group too.

i also like the two guys in minnesota..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The Bills have McGahee, and Henry is still under contract for a year. If this is truly the year of the RB, not having a 1st rounder doesn't really hurt us.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

in reality.. 2, maybe 3 rbs go in the first round tops..

i still like steven jackson from last year better than any of the guys from this years draft.. and he didnt go for a while..

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

They had the draft guy from the NFL Network on Sirius NFL Radio this afternoon. He does the College show Sunday mornings on NFL Network.

He said this was going to be anoither very weak draft- like 2003's

Well stocked positions- OT (10 in the first day might go) CB (Maybe 3-4 in the top 15-20) and OK at WR

Weakest spots- Safety -maybe none taken until late 2nd or 3rd round
                        TE- All the good ones were drafted in 2004

If the bills finish 8-8 or 9-7, and draft somewhere around 20-23 , then we did pretty good with the Losman pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          They had the draft guy from the NFL Network on Sirius NFL Radio this afternoon. He does the College show Sunday mornings on NFL Network.

He said this was going to be anoither very weak draft- like 2003's

Well stocked positions- OT (10 in the first day might go) CB (Maybe 3-4 in the top 15-20) and OK at WR

Weakest spots- Safety -maybe none taken until late 2nd or 3rd round
                          TE- All the good ones were drafted in 2004

If the bills finish 8-8 or 9-7, and draft somewhere around 20-23 , then we did pretty good with the Losman pick.
                          What did he say about QB's?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Didn't really get around to those- But not really impressive-

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              Didn't really get around to those- But not really impressive-
                              I agree
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X