X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Black Bear
    • Dec 2004

Jason Peters

McNally liked Peters enough to convince Mike "Shemp" Mularkey to bring him back to the active roster. Currently he is getting reps in short yardage as an extra Tight End. theblackbear doesn't believe that he will stay as a Tight End or if he is even considered a Tight End. Dude wears 71. That tells you something.

The question theblackbear has for everyone here is ....... "Where do you think Jason Peters will end up?"

theblackbear's money is on Left Tackle or Left Guard.

As a former Tight End Peters can move. That's why he is currently playing special teams. He also has the size to play both Guard or Tackle. The Bills want a pulling guard for the left side and Peters' speed can help him there. His mobility also helps him if he were to play left tackle. You need to have quickness to keep with the monster right ends of the NFL.

Both positions could be free next season. As good as Jonas Jennings is he is also hurt all the time. Do you pay big money to a guy that can't make it through an entire season? theblackbear doesn't think so.

Left Guard is definitely up for grabs as well. Maybe Peters is better for that spot. theblackbear isn't buying that as much though.

Here's another possibility or something McNally may be thinking of. Jason Peters to Right Tackle, and Mike Williams to Left Guard. So many possibilities if the kid can hold down an offensive line position. If Peters can get it done theblackbear would set the offensive line up like this (with current players) ....

LT .. Trey Teague
    LG .. Chris Villarial
    C ... Jonas Jennings
    RG .. Mike Williams
    RT .. Jason Peters

theblackbear would hate to have to move so many guys around but would do so anyway to get them at their best positions.

Trey Teague is better on the outside at Left Tackle than he is currently at Center. Teague playing Center is a huge reason why the Bills can run between tackles. He struggles against the bigger defensive tackles.

Chris Villarial can move better than any of the other guards. Move him to left guard to help Teague out with pass protection and to have him pulling around to the right side.

Jonas Jennings played good at Center in preseason a few years ago. He is also physical enough to block and/or open holes against good defensive tackles.

Mike Williams needs to be moved to guard ASAP. Better right guard than left guard. Keep him on the strong side.

Jason Peters is a former tight end that needs to learn the tackle position and it would be better for him to do that on the right side. Don't let him learn at the expense of the right handed quarterback. Will take longer to be a good left tackle.

All of this moving around of offensive lineman just makes theblackbear sick. But what you gonna do when your general manager constantly brings in the wrong players?

/ The free agent "Black Bear" is just browsing!" /
    "My afrai my've bean banished!" - (Jar Jar Binks)
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Is this the same blackbear from BB.com?

I like some of you comments, but, I think that Villareal will stay at RG and Big Mike will go to LG. I think Teague would be a good LT, he played there in Denver if I am not mistaken. I think Ross Tucker played pretty well earlier in the season when Teague was hurt at Center. Try him there. Then we just need a RT in free agency. Hell, if we are able to get a real good one (ie the guy from Seattle who is always franchised, they can't with Alexander a free agent this year) maybe we could move Teague to RT. I think we will be "ok", just need to do a few minor tweaks.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I could see Tucker going to C, Teague to LT - assuming we lose Jennings in free agency - and Peters to LG.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Mike Williams has played much better now that he has gotten over his personal issues and is in shape so there is no way Bills are making him a guard.

Tucker has been a very good guard and from comments from running backs they want him in their because of his "nasty' factor (I find it ironic that the nasty guard on our team went to Princeton and probably has the highest IQ on line) so forget Tucker going to bench to give Peters more time.

Peters best chance at breaking starting lineup is in training camp next year assuming he is willing to work with the OL coach studying film and technique for he is extremely raw.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I agree, with his speed he would wreack havoc with pulling. I hope he pans out though, he could be a good one.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Peters will be a backup for his entire career at best.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Black Bear
              McNally liked Peters enough to convince Mike "Shemp" Mularkey to bring him back to the active roster. Currently he is getting reps in short yardage as an extra Tight End. theblackbear doesn't believe that he will stay as a Tight End or if he is even considered a Tight End. Dude wears 71. That tells you something.

The question theblackbear has for everyone here is ....... "Where do you think Jason Peters will end up?"

As a former Tight End Peters can move. That's why he is currently playing special teams. He also has the size to play both Guard or Tackle. The Bills want a pulling guard for the left side and Peters' speed can help him there. His mobility also helps him if he were to play left tackle. You need to have quickness to keep with the monster right ends of the NFL.

Both positions could be free next season. As good as Jonas Jennings is he is also hurt all the time. Do you pay big money to a guy that can't make it through an entire season? theblackbear doesn't think so.

Left Guard is definitely up for grabs as well. Maybe Peters is better for that spot. theblackbear isn't buying that as much though.

Here's another possibility or something McNally may be thinking of. Jason Peters to Right Tackle, and Mike Williams to Left Guard. So many possibilities if the kid can hold down an offensive line position. If Peters can get it done theblackbear would set the offensive line up like this (with current players) ....

LT .. Trey Teague
              LG .. Chris Villarial
              C ... Jonas Jennings
              RG .. Mike Williams
              RT .. Jason Peters

theblackbear would hate to have to move so many guys around but would do so anyway to get them at their best positions.

Trey Teague is better on the outside at Left Tackle than he is currently at Center. Teague playing Center is a huge reason why the Bills can run between tackles. He struggles against the bigger defensive tackles.

Chris Villarial can move better than any of the other guards. Move him to left guard to help Teague out with pass protection and to have him pulling around to the right side.

Jonas Jennings played good at Center in preseason a few years ago. He is also physical enough to block and/or open holes against good defensive tackles.

Mike Williams needs to be moved to guard ASAP. Better right guard than left guard. Keep him on the strong side.

Jason Peters is a former tight end that needs to learn the tackle position and it would be better for him to do that on the right side. Don't let him learn at the expense of the right handed quarterback. Will take longer to be a good left tackle.

All of this moving around of offensive lineman just makes theblackbear sick. But what you gonna do when your general manager constantly brings in the wrong players?

SABURZFAN felt that your post was rather boring and SABURZFAN lost interest.

SABURZFAN would like to welcome you to The Zone though.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                Peters will be a backup for his entire career at best.
                You may be right. He's physically gifted, but that single digit Wonderlic score has to make you think he may never quite grasp any significant portion of the playbook.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                  SABURZFAN felt that your post was rather boring and SABURZFAN lost interest.

SABURZFAN would like to welcome you to The Zone though.

LMAO!!!

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                    Mike Williams has played much better now that he has gotten over his personal issues and is in shape so there is no way Bills are making him a guard.
                    almost 30 pounds lighter, and a playing with a lot more attitude and confidence since he first reported. He definitely screwed up early, but he sure as heck has worked hard to "fix" himself. I think he stays at tackle, too.

Comment

• The Black Bear
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                      Is this the same blackbear from BB.com?

I like some of you comments, but, I think that Villareal will stay at RG and Big Mike will go to LG. I think Teague would be a good LT, he played there in Denver if I am not mistaken. I think Ross Tucker played pretty well earlier in the season when Teague was hurt at Center. Try him there. Then we just need a RT in free agency. Hell, if we are able to get a real good one (ie the guy from Seattle who is always franchised, they can't with Alexander a free agent this year) maybe we could move Teague to RT. I think we will be "ok", just need to do a few minor tweaks.
                      theblackbear has officially bolted bb.com via free agency.

And

theblackbear got a public invite to "The Zone" at "The Out"(boards) so theblackbear is here to test the waters and see what the word is.

What's up "Bills Zone?" watcha talkin???

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

tatonka agrees.. tatonka never liked the black bears posts on other boards and tatonka sees it as a bad sign that a guy that is banned on other boards shows up here.. but i hope i am wrong.

welcome to the zone, i guess.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Black Bear

LT .. Trey Teague
                          LG .. Chris Villarial
                          C ... Jonas Jennings
                          RG .. Mike Williams
                          RT .. Jason Peters

I think Mike Williams is fine were he is. I think he is playing real good on the line. Our line seems to be playing better then we have seen in a few years now. Yea in the begining of the year things looked ruff, and Mike WIlliams had a lot of drama during camp and what not. But Big Mike isnt going anywhere else but right tackle.....
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• The Black Bear
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            tatonka agrees.. tatonka never liked the black bears posts on other boards and tatonka sees it as a bad sign that a guy that is banned on other boards shows up here.. but i hope i am wrong.

welcome to the zone, i guess.
                            That didn't take long. Surely there are more Black Bear haters on this board. Don't be shy. Stand up and be counted like the girlie men you are.

Just climb right over that Rainbow.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

When does hunting season start?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X