PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 09:03 AM
McNally liked Peters enough to convince Mike "Shemp" Mularkey to bring him back to the active roster. Currently he is getting reps in short yardage as an extra Tight End. theblackbear doesn't believe that he will stay as a Tight End or if he is even considered a Tight End. Dude wears 71. That tells you something.

The question theblackbear has for everyone here is ....... "Where do you think Jason Peters will end up?"

theblackbear's money is on Left Tackle or Left Guard.

As a former Tight End Peters can move. That's why he is currently playing special teams. He also has the size to play both Guard or Tackle. The Bills want a pulling guard for the left side and Peters' speed can help him there. His mobility also helps him if he were to play left tackle. You need to have quickness to keep with the monster right ends of the NFL.

Both positions could be free next season. As good as Jonas Jennings is he is also hurt all the time. Do you pay big money to a guy that can't make it through an entire season? theblackbear doesn't think so.

Left Guard is definitely up for grabs as well. Maybe Peters is better for that spot. theblackbear isn't buying that as much though.

Here's another possibility or something McNally may be thinking of. Jason Peters to Right Tackle, and Mike Williams to Left Guard. So many possibilities if the kid can hold down an offensive line position. If Peters can get it done theblackbear would set the offensive line up like this (with current players) ....

LT .. Trey Teague
LG .. Chris Villarial
C ... Jonas Jennings
RG .. Mike Williams
RT .. Jason Peters

theblackbear would hate to have to move so many guys around but would do so anyway to get them at their best positions.

Trey Teague is better on the outside at Left Tackle than he is currently at Center. Teague playing Center is a huge reason why the Bills can run between tackles. He struggles against the bigger defensive tackles.

Chris Villarial can move better than any of the other guards. Move him to left guard to help Teague out with pass protection and to have him pulling around to the right side.

Jonas Jennings played good at Center in preseason a few years ago. He is also physical enough to block and/or open holes against good defensive tackles.

Mike Williams needs to be moved to guard ASAP. Better right guard than left guard. Keep him on the strong side.

Jason Peters is a former tight end that needs to learn the tackle position and it would be better for him to do that on the right side. Don't let him learn at the expense of the right handed quarterback. Will take longer to be a good left tackle.

All of this moving around of offensive lineman just makes theblackbear sick. But what you gonna do when your general manager constantly brings in the wrong players?

:peace: / The free agent "Black Bear" is just browsing!" /

ryjam282
12-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Is this the same blackbear from BB.com?

I like some of you comments, but, I think that Villareal will stay at RG and Big Mike will go to LG. I think Teague would be a good LT, he played there in Denver if I am not mistaken. I think Ross Tucker played pretty well earlier in the season when Teague was hurt at Center. Try him there. Then we just need a RT in free agency. Hell, if we are able to get a real good one (ie the guy from Seattle who is always franchised, they can't with Alexander a free agent this year) maybe we could move Teague to RT. I think we will be "ok", just need to do a few minor tweaks.

Jan Reimers
12-03-2004, 09:19 AM
I could see Tucker going to C, Teague to LT - assuming we lose Jennings in free agency - and Peters to LG.

G. Host
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Mike Williams has played much better now that he has gotten over his personal issues and is in shape so there is no way Bills are making him a guard.

Tucker has been a very good guard and from comments from running backs they want him in their because of his "nasty' factor (I find it ironic that the nasty guard on our team went to Princeton and probably has the highest IQ on line) so forget Tucker going to bench to give Peters more time.

Peters best chance at breaking starting lineup is in training camp next year assuming he is willing to work with the OL coach studying film and technique for he is extremely raw.

ryjam282
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
I agree, with his speed he would wreack havoc with pulling. I hope he pans out though, he could be a good one.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Peters will be a backup for his entire career at best.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
McNally liked Peters enough to convince Mike "Shemp" Mularkey to bring him back to the active roster. Currently he is getting reps in short yardage as an extra Tight End. theblackbear doesn't believe that he will stay as a Tight End or if he is even considered a Tight End. Dude wears 71. That tells you something.

The question theblackbear has for everyone here is ....... "Where do you think Jason Peters will end up?"

As a former Tight End Peters can move. That's why he is currently playing special teams. He also has the size to play both Guard or Tackle. The Bills want a pulling guard for the left side and Peters' speed can help him there. His mobility also helps him if he were to play left tackle. You need to have quickness to keep with the monster right ends of the NFL.

Both positions could be free next season. As good as Jonas Jennings is he is also hurt all the time. Do you pay big money to a guy that can't make it through an entire season? theblackbear doesn't think so.

Left Guard is definitely up for grabs as well. Maybe Peters is better for that spot. theblackbear isn't buying that as much though.

Here's another possibility or something McNally may be thinking of. Jason Peters to Right Tackle, and Mike Williams to Left Guard. So many possibilities if the kid can hold down an offensive line position. If Peters can get it done theblackbear would set the offensive line up like this (with current players) ....

LT .. Trey Teague
LG .. Chris Villarial
C ... Jonas Jennings
RG .. Mike Williams
RT .. Jason Peters

theblackbear would hate to have to move so many guys around but would do so anyway to get them at their best positions.

Trey Teague is better on the outside at Left Tackle than he is currently at Center. Teague playing Center is a huge reason why the Bills can run between tackles. He struggles against the bigger defensive tackles.

Chris Villarial can move better than any of the other guards. Move him to left guard to help Teague out with pass protection and to have him pulling around to the right side.

Jonas Jennings played good at Center in preseason a few years ago. He is also physical enough to block and/or open holes against good defensive tackles.

Mike Williams needs to be moved to guard ASAP. Better right guard than left guard. Keep him on the strong side.

Jason Peters is a former tight end that needs to learn the tackle position and it would be better for him to do that on the right side. Don't let him learn at the expense of the right handed quarterback. Will take longer to be a good left tackle.

All of this moving around of offensive lineman just makes theblackbear sick. But what you gonna do when your general manager constantly brings in the wrong players?

SABURZFAN felt that your post was rather boring and SABURZFAN lost interest. :snooze:

SABURZFAN would like to welcome you to The Zone though.

Jan Reimers
12-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Peters will be a backup for his entire career at best.
You may be right. He's physically gifted, but that single digit Wonderlic score has to make you think he may never quite grasp any significant portion of the playbook.

ArcticWildMan
12-03-2004, 09:57 AM
SABURZFAN felt that your post was rather boring and SABURZFAN lost interest. :snooze:

SABURZFAN would like to welcome you to The Zone though.

LMAO!!!

TedMock
12-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Mike Williams has played much better now that he has gotten over his personal issues and is in shape so there is no way Bills are making him a guard.

almost 30 pounds lighter, and a playing with a lot more attitude and confidence since he first reported. He definitely screwed up early, but he sure as heck has worked hard to "fix" himself. I think he stays at tackle, too.

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Is this the same blackbear from BB.com?

I like some of you comments, but, I think that Villareal will stay at RG and Big Mike will go to LG. I think Teague would be a good LT, he played there in Denver if I am not mistaken. I think Ross Tucker played pretty well earlier in the season when Teague was hurt at Center. Try him there. Then we just need a RT in free agency. Hell, if we are able to get a real good one (ie the guy from Seattle who is always franchised, they can't with Alexander a free agent this year) maybe we could move Teague to RT. I think we will be "ok", just need to do a few minor tweaks.

theblackbear has officially bolted bb.com via free agency.

And

theblackbear got a public invite to "The Zone" at "The Out"(boards) so theblackbear is here to test the waters and see what the word is.

What's up "Bills Zone?" watcha talkin???

:peace:

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
tatonka agrees.. tatonka never liked the black bears posts on other boards and tatonka sees it as a bad sign that a guy that is banned on other boards shows up here.. but i hope i am wrong.

welcome to the zone, i guess. :ontome:

tampabay25690
12-03-2004, 10:05 AM

LT .. Trey Teague
LG .. Chris Villarial
C ... Jonas Jennings
RG .. Mike Williams
RT .. Jason Peters

I think Mike Williams is fine were he is. I think he is playing real good on the line. Our line seems to be playing better then we have seen in a few years now. Yea in the begining of the year things looked ruff, and Mike WIlliams had a lot of drama during camp and what not. But Big Mike isnt going anywhere else but right tackle.....

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 10:12 AM
tatonka agrees.. tatonka never liked the black bears posts on other boards and tatonka sees it as a bad sign that a guy that is banned on other boards shows up here.. but i hope i am wrong.

welcome to the zone, i guess. :ontome:

That didn't take long. Surely there are more Black Bear haters on this board. Don't be shy. Stand up and be counted like the girlie men you are.

Just climb right over that Rainbow.

justasportsfan
12-03-2004, 10:26 AM
When does hunting season start?

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 10:28 AM
That didn't take long. Surely there are more Black Bear haters on this board. Don't be shy. Stand up and be counted like the girlie men you are.

that didnt take long for you to revert to your typical attacking of the poster and not the post.. i have never said anything to you before.. simply just read your posts at other boards.. and all i said was that i didnt like most of your posts.. for the simple point that you just proved.. you attack people constantly.. you just called me a girlie man and referred to a rainbow (i guess i am gay too).. why? because i said that i didnt like your posts?

i also said i hope i am wrong... but you have already shown me enough to know that it wont be any different for you here.. shouldnt take long for you to get banned if your calling people girls and gay in your 3rd post.

Jayhawk
12-03-2004, 10:30 AM
welcome, just wait until EE gets back.

EricStratton
12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
shouldnt take long for you to get banned if your calling people girls and gay in your 3rd post.

It only took one in my shop Tatonka

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Forward_Lateral wants to know why the blackbear always refers to the blackbear in the third person (or animal, whatever you want). Is the blackbear that self-centered?

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 10:46 AM

your shop? :scratch:

SABURZFAN
12-03-2004, 11:26 AM

you in Finheaven now? :idunno:

BAM
12-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Bam welcomes you, blackbear. :up:

:beers:

finsrclowns
12-03-2004, 11:33 AM

I don't like to jump to conclusions about people but in my experience people that consistently refer to themselves in the 3rd person are annoying, self-centered bores. Since your post above seems to invite hate and ridicule, it's difficult for me, or I'm guessing the rest of the board, to take you or your posts seriously. My advice, in case you care, would be to lose the 3rd person references and the attitude that seems to be going with it and you'll do fine here. But I have a hunch that won't happen. :tired:

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 11:41 AM
i think the 3rd person thing is his "thing"

like jim romes "rack him".

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 11:49 AM

"Out."

"Uhrrrrr..."

finsrclowns
12-03-2004, 11:53 AM

Finsrclowns isn't buying it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-03-2004, 12:16 PM

Wait until he starts talking in the fourth person, that is where it is really funny.

Kolbiss
12-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Why does there always have to be someone like Black Bear that likes to come and act like an ass and insult people!!!! Have you grown accustom to people not liking you? :loser:

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 12:29 PM
theblackbear didn't call anyone anything yet.

And

No one can prove other wise!

CAbills
12-03-2004, 02:23 PM
I think he thinks the 3rd person thing is cool and yes that is his "thing" :loser:

Michael82
12-03-2004, 06:49 PM
When does hunting season start?
:roflmao:

TigerJ
12-03-2004, 11:35 PM
theblackbear didn't call anyone anything yet.

And

No one can prove other wise!

The Black Bear clearly stated that anyone who hates him is a girlie man. That's name calling in my book.

I think the odds are slim that Jennings is here next season. It's possible Teague might be tried at left tackle, but I'm not expecting it. If Mike Williams continues to improve, I think the odds are better that he could end up at left tackle, though I don't really expect that either. I am expecting that the offensive line in 2005 will have one or two starters who are not currently on the roster.

NapalmDeath
12-04-2004, 12:31 AM
The Black Bear clearly stated that anyone who hates him is a girlie man. That's name calling in my book.

I think the odds are slim that Jennings is here next season. It's possible Teague might be tried at left tackle, but I'm not expecting it. If Mike Williams continues to improve, I think the odds are better that he could end up at left tackle, though I don't really expect that either. I am expecting that the offensive line in 2005 will have one or two starters who are not currently on the roster.

Likely a McFarland/Price shootout. Unless we go FA.

You never know though. The Bills are winning and on the up. Not to mention Jennings has yet to complete a full season without missing a few games.

The OL has been my main ***** all year long and now they are playing pretty good. Not to mention this coaching staff is a BIG improvement over the last regime.

But anyways, next year isn't here yet. And we are not eliminated yet. Lets worry about this later

Crimm
12-05-2004, 01:43 AM
I am probably in the minority, but i think Peters value still lies at TE. He's played there for awhile now and is comfortable there.

I know the Pack use a guy who is around Peters size, Kevin Barry i think his name is, as a TE and the guy is an absolute mauler, especially in the run game.

Peters has enough speed and good enough hands that he can run a route here and there to keep teams honest, but he should mostly be used as an in-line blocker to further help create/maintain our team's identity as a power running offense.

A few guys can transition later in life and learn how to play the O-line, but they are a rarity (Stephen Neal, I still cant believe that guy got so good after not playing ball in college). Maybe he can learn how to play OT, I dont know, but I think he will be most effective at TE.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 01:47 AM
I am probably in the minority, but i think Peters value still lies at TE. He's played there for awhile now and is comfortable there.

I know the Pack use a guy who is around Peters size, Kevin Barry i think his name is, as a TE and the guy is an absolute mauler, especially in the run game.

Peters has enough speed and good enough hands that he can run a route here and there to keep teams honest, but he should mostly be used as an in-line blocker to further help create/maintain our team's identity as a power running offense.

A few guys can transition later in life and learn how to play the O-line, but they are a rarity (Stephen Neal, I still cant believe that guy got so good after not playing ball in college). Maybe he can learn how to play OT, I dont know, but I think he will be most effective at TE.

The only reason I heard that Peters was given a OL # was something to do with amount of TE on the roster.

Peters has UNLIMITED potential, but he is dumber than a box of rocks. Next season though it really wouldn't suprise me to have him take Nufields place on the roster. That would leave Campbell, Euhus, and Peters.

Crimm
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Peters has UNLIMITED potential, but he is dumber than a box of rocks
Well he is from Arkansas right?