X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills signed Marcus Jones

Jeff Morrison from wnsa is reporting that the Bills have signed marcus jones and that he will go directly on IR.

He also said that the Bills had until 4pm today to make a roster move in order to fit Jones on the roster. click on the link for more info.

Anyway, something on the official site should be up soon, i would think.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • CalBillsFan
    • Jul 2002

Here it is. They released Cory Geason and Ula Tuitele.
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I bet they sign LB Greg Favors

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

How did Marcus Jones become available if he is injured? Was he cut from TB before he got injured?

Comment

• CalBillsFan
          • Jul 2002

CP. I wouldt be suprised at all if they did that. Afterall, why would they cut 2 players?
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• CalBillsFan
            • Jul 2002

Typ0-
            I believe he was released because he was out for the year and his contract was up this season anyway. It was a cap saving move on TB part.
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I don't think they can do that according to the players agreement. Can someone confirm this please?

Comment

• BillsMan80
                Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                • Jul 2002

Here is what I believe happened. Jones was injured this preseason, and it was said that he could have come back and played. However, due to the play of some of TBs other linemen, and the fact that Jones carried a high cap number, they decided to release him in what was mainly a cap move. However, he starred in TB at RE, however, when he was moved to LE for Simeon Rice, he struggled. Jones will play RE I would hope when he finally gets on the field for us.
                The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• LouGrant
                  The Zone Editor
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  I don't think they can do that according to the players agreement. Can someone confirm this please?
                  You can't cut an injured player (not pay him his contract) but you can either come to an injury settlement or just not re-sign him once the contract expires. I'm not sure what happened here.

Don't forget, the Bills cut an injured Germany and then brought him back in the offseason.
                  Get into the Zone

Comment

• LouGrant
                    The Zone Editor
                    • Jul 2002

Bucs Release Marcus Jones

from www.buccaneers.com

Oct. 8 -

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made one roster move of note on Tuesday afternoon, releasing DE Marcus Jones from injured reserve. The move ends Jones' seven-year tenure with the club.

Jones was placed on injured reserve on September 1 as the Buccaneers reduced their roster to 53 men for the regular season. The former North Carolina star had sustained a knee injury in the first quarter of the team's third preseason game, versus Washington on August 24.

Prior to 2002, Jones had been a starter for the Bucs for the previous two seasons, at right defensive end in 2000 and at left defensive end in 2001. Jones' top season came in 2000, when he recorded 13 of his 24 career sacks while starting all 16 games.

At the conclusion of the 2001 season, during which he started the first 15 games before incurring a shoulder injury, Jones was placed on the team's five-man unprotected list for the Houston Texans expansion draft. He was not selected by the Texans. Jones had previously been left unprotected for a similar draft for the Cleveland Browns in 1999, after struggling through his first three seasons as a Buccaneer, but was not selected on that occasion, either. Jones then remained in Tampa, converted from tackle to end and enjoyed his career year. .......MORE...
                    Get into the Zone

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

woooo hoooo, great pick up for next season if he can stay healthy

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

But that article says if the player recovers from the injury and is medically cleared he can be released and play for another team. However, he is not medically cleared is he? Or could he play but he wants to have another surgery?

Also, it looks like he has only had one good season, been in both expansion drafts and not selected and also been suseptible to injury.

Comment

• LouGrant
                          The Zone Editor
                          • Jul 2002

I guess we could ask flowers if he wants to come back...lol
                          Get into the Zone

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Since Marcus excelled at RDE it makes sense that he would play there and not on the left side. So how would Schobel do if he had to switch sides, would this be a good move for him?

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Schobel would have to bulk up to play LDE, I think. Sounds a lot like what happened with Flowers.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X