PDA

View Full Version : What hapens if..

Bled2Hen
12-03-2004, 09:25 AM
If Bledsoe and the Bills win their next 5 remaining games, that wold mean they would be on a 7 game winning streak heading into next season ( assuming they dont make the playoffs ). So I ask this... At QB, who do we start at the season opener net year? D-Bled or J.P??

Ebenezer
12-03-2004, 09:28 AM
If Bledsoe and the Bills win their next 5 remaining games, that wold mean they would be on a 7 game winning streak heading into next season ( assuming they dont make the playoffs ). So I ask this... At QB, who do we start at the season opener net year? D-Bled or J.P??
If they win 9 or 10 then DB is the starter at the opener next year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Drew Bledsoe will be the starting QB next season unless he completely crashes the rest of the way.

ryjam282
12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Which I doubt will happen...Not against some of the defenses we play, and Willis of course too.

NJFINSFAN1
12-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I think you do the happy dance!

let them battle in pre-season, but JP would have to really out play bledsoe to take the job.

You should have a playoff team next year! Maybe this year?

SABURZFAN
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM

i'll worry about it next year.

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 09:58 AM
i think it depends on how we are winning.. if bledsoe is throwing 3 picks and 1 td a game and finishes the season with more turnovers than tds AGAIN (like last year.. he was 2/1 turnover to touchdowns), then i think you pull a carson palmer and let the kid go play.. bledsoe can ride the pine or leave.

my gut tells me that bledsoe has made a career of beating up on the ****ty teams.. and that is what we play for the rest of the season, bar pitt... so he will finish the season half decent.. and then start next year.. but jp will have a chance to take the job from him... and if he struggles next year.. jp will get his shot, and bledsoe will have to ride the pine because the season has already started and he has no choice.

TedMock
12-03-2004, 10:04 AM
open competition next year. I don't care who wins, as long as the team plays well. It's really unfortunate that Losman missed so much practice due to a leg break because he may not even be ready to start early next season. We can't use Rothlisberger as a barometer seeing that the last rookie to play this well at QB was Marino. It's way to rare. JP's going to have to work extremely hard in the offseason. Hopefully, he does and he is ready to be the man. I think Drew would actually be a very good, veteran, teacher-type, backup.

Typ0
12-03-2004, 10:35 AM
DB will beat up a few more crappy teams and save his job for next season...he'll start again and play like vomit in the tough games early in the season just like he did this year. We won't make the playoffs because we can't beat a good team. It will be a replay of this season next season....I guess it's another year I don't have to worry about buying too many tickets.

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 10:44 AM
DB will beat up a few more crappy teams and save his job for next season...he'll start again and play like vomit in the tough games early in the season just like he did this year. We won't make the playoffs because we can't beat a good team. It will be a replay of this season next season....I guess it's another year I don't have to worry about buying too many tickets.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tatonka
12-03-2004, 10:54 AM
unfortunately, typo may be closer to right than anyone.

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 10:57 AM
unfortunately, typo may be closer to right than anyone.
Hence the
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We'll see Bizarro Bledsoe reappear on the road in Miami. Let's hope doesn't do enough damage to cost us the game...

Jan Reimers
12-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Unless we run the table, make the playoffs, and win at least one game, I think JP gets every opportunity to be the man next season. We have shown over and over that we can't win consistently with Drew.

Typ0
12-03-2004, 11:23 AM
We have DB as a QB Jan--we aren't going to run the table. We aren't going to make the playoffs :(.

finsrclowns
12-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I know it's fun to play what if... but I just find it satisfying when the Bills win on Sunday. Beating the fish is all I care about right now. Hopefully the team is taking the same approach.

BAM
12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
If we win all the rest of our games, I will not mind if Drew starts next season. That's a big IF though... and we must win ALL of 'em. :up:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/images/smilies/bong.gif

Jan Reimers
12-03-2004, 11:52 AM
We have DB as a QB Jan--we aren't going to run the table. We aren't going to make the playoffs :(.
I think you're right - which ought to make JP the QB next year - unless he falls flat on his face at camp.

Typ0
12-03-2004, 12:14 PM
I wonder when the last time DB won seven games in a row was.

Drewpac
12-03-2004, 06:19 PM

This is my biggest fear. And it will happen if he starts next year.