PDA

View Full Version : I need a cap expert!!

Kolbiss
12-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Are we in any position cap wise to sign Jennings and or Williams?

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?f=3

NJFINSFAN1
12-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I need a cap expert!!

So do a lot of teams!!!!

NC-BILLS44
12-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Isn't Clump our cap expert?

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 03:45 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?f=3

:tired:

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Are we in any position cap wise to sign Jennings and or Williams?
Any combination of players can be signed...it all depends on how contracts are structured. If you get a bunch of guys willing to play for little base salary and extend their contracts out many, many years then you can make the cap hit very light (in the first year anyway). Yes, in theory they can both be signed. Reality? You will have to overpay to keep Jennings. Some would but that might limit was you can do at the LG, C and DE positions.

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 08:50 AM
As :eb: said, yes...we have the cap space to re-sign both. It's all a matter of priorities. Yesterday's game highlighted the fact that Williams/Adams are a powerful force inside. Miami was able to run when Anderson/Edwards were in the game at DT. Marcus Price always seems to make a bad play early coming off the bench, but he usually settles down and plays well. So, we survived with Price at OT but had problems when Williams was on the sidelines. Hmmm....

I've always believe that Jennings has already bought his ticket for the ride out of town. He will follow Wiley, Price, Winfield down the road and we will likely go in another direction at LT.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
As :eb: said, yes...we have the cap space to re-sign both. It's all a matter of priorities. Yesterday's game highlighted the fact that Williams/Adams are a powerful force inside. Miami was able to run when Anderson/Edwards were in the game at DT. Marcus Price always seems to make a bad play early coming off the bench, but he usually settles down and plays well. So, we survived with Price at OT but had problems when Williams was on the sidelines. Hmmm....

I've always believe that Jennings has already bought his ticket for the ride out of town. He will follow Wiley, Price, Winfield down the road and we will likely go in another direction at LT.
Sadly, you are correct....JJ wants to play in Atlanta...nothing against Buffalo it is just what it is....YES! they have to resign Williams.