PDA

View Full Version : Say we run the table and make the playoffs.

Patrick76777
12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
And this is just for fun so don’t be a jerk!

In week one of the playoffs, which of the potential division winners would you prefer to play. Keep in mind, the game would be on the road.

New England
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Indianapolis

Pride
12-03-2004, 12:48 PM
San Diego

Kolbiss
12-03-2004, 12:48 PM
And this is just for fun so don’t be a jerk!

In week one of the playoffs, which of the potential division winners would you prefer to play. Keep in mind, the game would be on the road.

New England
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Indianapolis

San Diego....No questions asked.
Pittsburg..... I think if we play mistake free, we can win
Indianapolis....They would poop spank us
New England....Well, we have shown what we can do against them....Drew usually comes up big against them though...so...you never no!!! :liar:

Patrick76777
12-03-2004, 12:49 PM
San Diego is good and they’re playing well but I think I’d like that match up. It would give us the best chance to win.

Now if we got to the 2nd round I think I’d take the Steelers. We play the same style as they do and I think our D could shut them down and give us a shot to win.

Kolbiss
12-03-2004, 12:51 PM
I'll be stoked just to get there!!! :pray:

OpIv37
12-03-2004, 12:54 PM
NE

The truth is they'd probably beat us, but I'd kill to see Drew go up there and beat them in the playoffs.

Pride
12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
San Diego....No questions asked.
Pittsburg..... I think if we play mistake free, we can win
Indianapolis....They would poop spank us
New England....Well, we have shown what we can do against them....Drew usually comes up big against them though...so...you never no!!! :liar:
I disagree with Drew playing well against them... Drew usually plays his worst game of the season against him. In foxboro no less!

finsrclowns
12-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I think we could beat SD. We're good on the run. The challenge would be to shut down Gates. I'd give us a decent shot of winning.

NE is too good, especially there. Pitt is tough at home but I'd give us a modest chance to win there. Indy is another tough matchup- the only way to play them is to beat up their receivers like NE does but Gray likes to play 10 yards off everyone so you'd need a big turnover day from them to have a chance.

The King
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
I think we could be Pitt and SD. NE and Ind not so much.

Patrick76777
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
I think we could beat SD. We're good on the run. The challenge would be to shut down Gates. I'd give us a decent shot of winning.

NE is too good, especially there. Pitt is tough at home but I'd give us a modest chance to win there. Indy is another tough matchup- the only way to play them is to beat up their receivers like NE does but Gray likes to play 10 yards off everyone so you'd need a big turnover day from them to have a chance.

Your right about Indy! No way they make it to the SB. You just need some D to stand up and punch them square in the face. And you can’t do that by playing 10 yards off the WR. NE knows how to do it. They can be beat if you play them tough.

BillsOverDolphins
12-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Let me tell you how it's gonna play out:

Bills win their final 5 games(naturally) :pray:
Seedings are:

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Bills
6. Jets

Wildcard: Bills beat chargers, Jets beat Colts :funny:

Divisional: Bills beat Steelers, Jets beat Pats

AFC title: Bills at home over the Jets
NFC title: Green Bay over Philly

Superbowl: Bills over Packers, Bledsoe exacts revenge on favre, mcgee MVP(yes, a special teamer, just like the last Bledsoe-Favre bowl).

Does ANY of this have of happening? HELL NO

ScottLawrence
12-03-2004, 03:26 PM
SD.

But, if we were to make the playoffs we would most likely be traveling to Indianapolis to play the Colts.

LarryBoy
12-03-2004, 05:00 PM

Seedings are:

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Bills
6. Jets

Superbowl: Bills over Packers, Bledsoe exacts revenge on favre, mcgee MVP(yes, a special teamer, just like the last Bledsoe-Favre bowl).

Sure would be nice though! :pray:

EDS
12-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I disagree with Drew playing well against them... Drew usually plays his worst game of the season against him. In foxboro no less!

I think that is why Danny4804 inserted the smiley with the long nose! Remember pinnochio?

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-03-2004, 05:41 PM
San Diego for sure. Spikes can guard Gates.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-03-2004, 06:26 PM
just think for a second what Payton Manning would do to our secondary. It would definitely be a once in a lifetime event to see a defence get torched for 847 yards passing and 11 TD's in a game.

colin
12-03-2004, 07:16 PM
SD is the weakest of the winners, but I would want Indy

if vincent, milloy, and all are healthy I would want to play Indy. Their D is so freaking horrible it smells, and we have a special teams advantage too. All our D would have to do is play them as well as they did last year and we would win. I think if we get to the playoffs and have oure secondary in gear, guys like London, Spikes, Adams, Milloy, and Vincent, all with extensive playoff success, will be so pumped up and aggressive that Indy will do their usual play off fold.

RedEyE
12-03-2004, 07:21 PM
NE:

I think that they have skated by in several games this year.

Dozerdog
12-03-2004, 07:43 PM
If we sneak in on the 6th seed, we will play the third sreed- which will probably be the Colts or the Steelers. Pats have just as easy - if not easier cupcake schedule the rest of the way that we have. Steelers might cool off a bit, Colts are red hot and Might grab the #2 spot.

We have much better shot at beating the steelers which is a team we can keep in check defensively.

Mad Bomber
12-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Pat....

I'm giving this in REVERSE order of where I'd like us to play...

1) I wouldn't even want to THINK about going into Foxboro the way we play there.

2) Indy would be my #2 NOT wanting to go to place. Playing them indoors with their passing game would not be fun. The only plus is that their D sucks.

3) The Stillers play a solid all-around game, but if our run D could come up big against them, I don't think that Big Ben could carry the day.

4) I'd rather play SD than any of the 3 mentioned above. They have improved, and LT is a great running back. But I think that they are the most vulnerable of all of these teams.

G. Host
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
I selected SD just because Wade Phillips is DC and I'd like us to revisit him in SD since SD has been a good place for Bills fans.

Plus maybe Wade will give his "we do not have a chance speech" to defense. :D

LVGrown
12-03-2004, 08:54 PM
NE:

I think that they have skated by in several games this year.

Agreed ... Take em down in the playoffs ... totally worth two regular season loses. Wishful thinking, but thats all i have left!

Erin

Morgoth
12-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Your mom.

TigerJ
12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
San Diego, but that's also the least likely opponent if somehow Buffalo beats the odds and squeaks in to the playoffs.

The Predator
12-03-2004, 11:26 PM
San Diego.

NapalmDeath
12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
San Diego, but that's also the least likely opponent if somehow Buffalo beats the odds and squeaks in to the playoffs.

I agree here. Playing SD would be nice but if the Bills DO somehow make the playoffs, SD is not gonna be the opponent.

Charlieguide
12-03-2004, 11:51 PM
I picked SD, but here's my thoughts on each team.

SD: Certainly beatable. Our LB corps (plus Vincent at FS?) matches up nicely vs. Gates and Tomlinson. Put Clements on McCardell, and they're shut down.

PIT You guys put it well: it's a good matchup of two blue-collar teams. Weather won't bother either team, but will probably be a factor, and it might come down to defense vs. run game. I think we win that one.

NE The first reaction is :puke: Then you stop and think about it. Yes, they've swept us, but 3 wins vs. one team is VERY hard to do. They have pulled off some lucky wins. And at some point, the injuries must catch up with them. The Bills got the road monkey off their back, and I think their heads may finally be coming out of their arses. I'd say this would actually be a good, winnable game.

IND This is the team that scares me the most. Manning is playing football like no one ever has -- even the old guys are saying that. There are more weapons on this team than anyone can handle, and their OL is unbreakable. Play their WR's rough? If you've payed attention the last few weeks, you know they'll just run Edge. Peyton lobbied for a re-emphasis on the run game a few weeks ago, and the stats tell the story. It doesn't matter that their D isn't the best . . . unlike KC, they hold enough that the O can consistently overcome, and they're improving. Sorry guys, but this is the one team I don't think the Bills (or anyone) have much chance against. Sit back and enjoy history unfolding.

G. Host
12-04-2004, 03:08 AM
I agree here. Playing SD would be nice but if the Bills DO somehow make the playoffs, SD is not gonna be the opponent.

Least likely? Certainly more likely than New England and Pittsburgh will be getting a first round bye so we will be playing at one of the division leaders.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2004, 06:12 AM
i picked san diego because i'd be on a ticket like a fat girl on fudge.

another scenario is if we do run the table,we could miss the playoffs too.i just don't see us running the table out for the rest of the season though.

imbondz
12-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Seedings are:

1. Pats
2. Steelers
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Bills
6. Jets

:wail: i want this to happen so bad

G. Host
12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
That would mean Eagles lost four NFC championship games in a row. Remember their comments that they were no Buffalo.

Kenny
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM
If BOTH Denver and Jax lose today, the final wildcard spot is within reach!!!

Baltimore who's at 7-5 right now, has to face NYG (W) and MIA (W)... but they also have to face Pitts and Indy both away games!!!

Anyone know what the tiebreaker is if the Bills, Broncos and Ravens all end up @10-6?

edit: almost forgot about denver.
vs Mia
@ KC
@ Ten
vs Indy

Typ0
12-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Ravens beat us on the field so they would win...Denver would come down to common opponents I believe.