PDA

View Full Version : WR Mike Williams a Buffalo Bill!

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Draft day comes around next year and former USC receiver Mike Williams is still on the board. Do you draft him if you are the Buffalo Bills?

Before you say it won't or can't happen think back to a few years ago.

On everyone's board Josh Reed was slotted to be a 1st round draft pick. What happened on draft day? He fell to round two. Why? The same reason why Mike Williams may fall as well. Williams is a possession receiver just like Josh Reed. The funny thing is Reed probably had better hands in college. He caught everything.

Mike Williams is bigger but he is just as slow. Big slow Keyshawn Johnson's are not what the NFL are looking for right now. You take into consideration that Williams didn't play college football this year and there are rumors of him gaining weight. Now you have a 2nd round player.

As a second round player you have to look at the possibilities of him being on the board when the Bills pick comes up.

Williams is on the board so what do you do?

If you draft him what do you do with .......

Eric Moulds
Lee Evans
Sam Aiken
Josh Reed
Freddie Smith

Somebody has to go to make room ...... so who is it? The non thinking choice is Josh Reed but are you really ready to call him a bust and give up on him?

Show theblackbear that you can think out of the box and figure out this mess before it presents itself to the Buffalo Bills.

:peace:

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Would Williams even go that high now that he's been out of football? I'm curious to see when he's drafted. I definitely see no need for him in Buffalo. We have our all-round in Moulds, possession receiver in Reed/Aiken, and our speedster in Evans.

Pride
12-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Never happen... I think they realize we need either OL or DL help first this year!

Unless, Moulds is leaving.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Don't kid yourself, there is no way Mike Williams drops out of the first round.

The Black Bear
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Most draft sites still have him as one of the top 5 coming out but theblackbear never pays attention to those clowns. They're wrong every year especially after the first 5 picks in the first round.

theblackbear always finds it funny how quick they pull their mock drafts back after the draft and hide them from the public eye.

Mike Williams is a less talented Keyshawn Johnson and not a Terrell Owens like some people might have us believe.

Do you draft a 6-4 / 230 pound WR in the first round that runs a 4.60 (40)? theblackbear says Hell No!

2nd round is a different story though.

Pride
12-03-2004, 01:23 PM
whats up with the referring to yourself in the third person?

Pride says that's dumb

DraftBoy
12-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Ill play along with his scenario lets just assume Williams drops for some unknown reason into rd 2. He is at the Buffalo selection do we take him or do we not? Im gonna be completely honest and say yes we take him. Here is why, after next season Eric Moulds is gone, and that leaves us with Reed, Evans, and Aiken. Personally I think Aiken and Reed are better suited slot receivers and until Sam can show me some big play ability consistently Im comfortable with him as my #3. Reed as my #2 scares me bc we all saw what happened this year when he was there (or not really since we never saw him). So we take Mike, and sit him for a year and play him sparingly at #4 and #3, to let him learn slowly and get back into the feel of the NFL game. Moulds can than freely leave and you got 2 dynamic WR's in Evans and Williams and two good slot receivers in Reed and Aiken. Remeber this offense has to be geared around helping out Losman with as many weapons as possible esp with the loss of Eric Moulds likely. Now with this draft there is no 2nd round OL (unless somebody falls badly) that is gonna come in and start for this team (I take into account im saying this before I have really dived into this years draft class, hopefully Im wrong).....Also DL may be there but our D is already pretty damn good and Id prefer a UFA DL aquisition before a rookie. There are no S's to take here but there should be some in 3rd round. If we got OL and DL in UFA, and Mike falls, i say grab him and we'll be set for a long time......

Now having said all this there is no way I see Mike Williams falling to us.

Jayhawk
12-03-2004, 01:31 PM
and in the third round the bills select P Dustin Colquit of Tennesse.

ShadowHawk7
12-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Or another idea. What if turkey Peerless Price gets the axe and is looking for another chance. Do we sign him to a decent contract? I'd consider it, since he did pretty good in our system. He'd prolly be our #3 behind Evans though.

Iehoshua
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Or another idea. What if turkey Peerless Price gets the axe and is looking for another chance. Do we sign him to a decent contract? I'd consider it, since he did pretty good in our system. He'd prolly be our #3 behind Evans though.

Seems even more unlikely than us drafting Williams...

CAbills
12-03-2004, 02:15 PM
We need o-line help before we need another receiver

SABURZFAN
12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
SABURZFAN thinks drafting another WR is a bad idea.

NC-BILLS44
12-03-2004, 04:33 PM
NC-BILLS44 wouldn't draft a WR or P this coming year.

HAMMER
12-03-2004, 04:36 PM

Pride says that's dumb
LMAO, I have been telling this clown the same thing for a year on the buffalobills.com site. It is really annoying, WTF?

Crisis
12-03-2004, 05:42 PM
If Williams is at our pick in the 2nd round, we could get a good deal for a trade down.

Him falling to the 2nd round isnt a possibility though.

Dozerdog
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Mike Williams won't be on the board even if we had our #1 back from Dallas- he's a top dozen player. He would have been a top 10 WR in the 2004 draft- and it was very deep at WR and overall.

In a weak draft, he will be a top 8 pick. Chicago, SF, Oakland, Cleveland, the NY Giants, Redskins are all desperate for offense and WRs

Plus, he's had all year to work on the drills scouts use at the combines.

BillsFanInMass
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
We dont need any more Wr's What we need is to get this ****** blackbear off the zone!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

DraftBoy
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Mike Williams won't be on the board even if we had our #1 back from Dallas- he's a top dozen player. He would have been a top 10 WR in the 2004 draft- and it was very deep at WR and overall.

In a weak draft, he will be a top 8 pick. Chicago, SF, Oakland, Cleveland, the NY Giants, Redskins are all desperate for offense and WRs

Plus, he's had all year to work on the drills scouts use at the combines.

Youd think he'd be doing well too, but he has looked sluggish and out of shape from his season off, subsequently hurting his stock. How far he'll drop? Not very, he's a 1st round lock unless a ton of WR pour outta of college.

tampabay25690
12-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Mike WIlliams wont last past the 1st 10 picks. Are u kidding me. I have met Mike and he reminds me of a up and coming Terrell Owens he is solid............You must be smoking some good stuff, if you think he goes that far....

TigerJ
12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
What was Michael Clayton's 40 time coming out of LSU? Answer - 4.54. Mike Williams ran in private workouts last spring. What were his times? They were variously reported from 4.45 to 4.62. Mike Williams will undoubtably work out for teams again next spring. And, no doubt he has or will higher a personal trainer to make sure his numbers are at least as good as a year ago. Whether or not he has gained some extra weight, the odds are he'll get it off and have some impressive workouts. Mike Williams' playing weight is 32 lbs heavier than Michael Clayton and 2 inches taller. As long as his 40 time is in the same ballpark as Clayton's, and I think it will be, NFL scouts are going to drool over him. I think the year layoff will cause him to drop out of the top ten in the first round, but I think he stays in round one, and will certainly be gone by the time the Bills pick in round two, I'm guessing somewhere in the late teens. If Buffalo does not make the playoffs, I think the lowest they can drop would be twenty. There are twelve playoff teams and I think by rule they draft after all the non-playoff teams even if the playoff team has a worse record. Of course I could be wrong.

Demon
12-03-2004, 11:11 PM
SABURZFAN thinks drafting another WR is a bad idea.

Demon concurs.

Demon also thinks that we have bigger weaknesses then getting the best available player. Demon thinks we should draft an offensive lineman because Demon sees Jonas Jennings going to Atlanta in the off-season.

Demon
12-03-2004, 11:13 PM
We dont need any more Wr's What we need is to get this ****** blackbear off the zone!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

lol

You need to do it right.

BillsFaninMass doesn't think we need any more WRs. BillsFanInMass thinks all we need is to get this ****** blackbear off the zone!!!

There ya go.... Now he'll know what you are talking about. LOL

Hemlepp53
12-03-2004, 11:17 PM

Pride says that's dumb

Can you smell what THE BLACK BEAR is cooking... third person is cool if the name being spoke is cool... Ya wanna bet ZoneBucks he is a WWE/Rock Fan???

NapalmDeath
12-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Can you smell what THE BLACK BEAR is cooking... third person is cool if the name being spoke is cool... Ya wanna bet ZoneBucks he is a WWE/Rock Fan???

I was thinking the same thing.

But, back to the topic.

Josh Reed had been a terrible disapointment. Aiken and Jonathan Smith has out performed him. That being said, the Bills do not need another reciever. If Reed doesn't progress any farther, which is quite possible, He could stay on as depth.

As for next years draft, I would like to see the Bills draft a kicker. (Obviously not in the 2nd round but to draft one to at least compete) Yes Lindell has made his kicks lately, but I personally think he is an overpaid, weak legged liability. Does anyone here feel comfortable with Lindell going in to kick a 49 yard FG with 3 seconds left for the win?

Jayhawk
12-04-2004, 07:28 AM
yeah we should go get Nugent out of Ohio State

BillsFanInMass
12-04-2004, 07:45 AM
BillsFanInMass says thanks for the advice Demon. BillsFanInMass knows how to talk with the likes of " The Black Bear " :bow: :bow:

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Show theblackbear that you can think out of the box and figure out this mess before it presents itself to the Buffalo Bills.

I prefer to see what I have inside the box before I look outside of it. People that think "outside" the box, often miss the treasures inside it.

SoCalBillsFan
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
as a Bills fan, I would much rather see us improve both lines before we look at a WR.

That being said, no way Mike WIlliams is there in rd 2. No way. As soon as the semester ends, he'll be in florida working his butt off and will be ready to go come workout time. He'll run a 4.5-something. Yeah, he's not a blazer, but the man is a football player who was unstoppable at the college level. I hate this "possession reciever" label that has a negative connotation. He's not going to beat you in a footrace, but even if you are there, he'll still catch the ball. He is a deep threat. He runs great routs, and runs OVER people who try to tackle him. He's 5 times better than keyshawn.

Look at the success Keary colbert has had in Carolina, and remember that Mike Williams is better.

DraftBoy
12-05-2004, 10:56 AM
as a Bills fan, I would much rather see us improve both lines before we look at a WR.

That being said, no way Mike WIlliams is there in rd 2. No way. As soon as the semester ends, he'll be in florida working his butt off and will be ready to go come workout time. He'll run a 4.5-something. Yeah, he's not a blazer, but the man is a football player who was unstoppable at the college level. I hate this "possession reciever" label that has a negative connotation. He's not going to beat you in a footrace, but even if you are there, he'll still catch the ball. He is a deep threat. He runs great routs, and runs OVER people who try to tackle him. He's 5 times better than keyshawn.

Look at the success Keary colbert has had in Carolina, and remember that Mike Williams is better.

Keary Colbert is faster than Mike Williams. There is one thing that you talked about that doesnt mean a damn thing going into the NFL. That is that he dominated college football. I mean yea he did but he didnt play in a powerhouse conference by any means. Plus the CB play in college is much less than what you see in the NFL. Mike Williams is a possession receiver but thats not saying its a bad thing either, Andre Reed, Keyshaun Johnson are 2 great possession receivers. Mike is bigger and more physical than those 2 which is a big advanatage in his corner. I agree there is no possible way that he is there at our pick, I was just playing with the scenario possibility that nobody else seems to want to try and answer. I think Mike Williams will struggle his rookie season in the NFL but will eventually become a top 20 receiver.

The Black Bear
12-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Mike Williams was clocked at 4.6 before the rumors about him getting fat. He's probably at 4.7 now.

Dude should bulk up and switch positions to Tight End.

pyrrhonist
12-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Unless, Moulds is leaving.

:crazy: :crazy:

It makes me crazy just thinking about it.

losman2evans
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Like the receiver from Hawaii= He looks like a faster Chrebet- great slot receiver.