X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Black Bear
    • Dec 2004

WR Mike Williams a Buffalo Bill!

Draft day comes around next year and former USC receiver Mike Williams is still on the board. Do you draft him if you are the Buffalo Bills?

Before you say it won't or can't happen think back to a few years ago.

On everyone's board Josh Reed was slotted to be a 1st round draft pick. What happened on draft day? He fell to round two. Why? The same reason why Mike Williams may fall as well. Williams is a possession receiver just like Josh Reed. The funny thing is Reed probably had better hands in college. He caught everything.

Mike Williams is bigger but he is just as slow. Big slow Keyshawn Johnson's are not what the NFL are looking for right now. You take into consideration that Williams didn't play college football this year and there are rumors of him gaining weight. Now you have a 2nd round player.

As a second round player you have to look at the possibilities of him being on the board when the Bills pick comes up.

Williams is on the board so what do you do?

If you draft him what do you do with .......

Eric Moulds
    Lee Evans
    Sam Aiken
    Josh Reed
    Freddie Smith

Somebody has to go to make room ...... so who is it? The non thinking choice is Josh Reed but are you really ready to call him a bust and give up on him?

Show theblackbear that you can think out of the box and figure out this mess before it presents itself to the Buffalo Bills.

"My afrai my've bean banished!" - (Jar Jar Binks)
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Would Williams even go that high now that he's been out of football? I'm curious to see when he's drafted. I definitely see no need for him in Buffalo. We have our all-round in Moulds, possession receiver in Reed/Aiken, and our speedster in Evans.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Never happen... I think they realize we need either OL or DL help first this year!

Unless, Moulds is leaving.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Don't kid yourself, there is no way Mike Williams drops out of the first round.

Comment

• The Black Bear
          • Dec 2004

Most draft sites still have him as one of the top 5 coming out but theblackbear never pays attention to those clowns. They're wrong every year especially after the first 5 picks in the first round.

theblackbear always finds it funny how quick they pull their mock drafts back after the draft and hide them from the public eye.

Mike Williams is a less talented Keyshawn Johnson and not a Terrell Owens like some people might have us believe.

Do you draft a 6-4 / 230 pound WR in the first round that runs a 4.60 (40)? theblackbear says Hell No!

2nd round is a different story though.

"My afrai my've bean banished!" - (Jar Jar Binks)

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

whats up with the referring to yourself in the third person?

Pride says that's dumb

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Ill play along with his scenario lets just assume Williams drops for some unknown reason into rd 2. He is at the Buffalo selection do we take him or do we not? Im gonna be completely honest and say yes we take him. Here is why, after next season Eric Moulds is gone, and that leaves us with Reed, Evans, and Aiken. Personally I think Aiken and Reed are better suited slot receivers and until Sam can show me some big play ability consistently Im comfortable with him as my #3. Reed as my #2 scares me bc we all saw what happened this year when he was there (or not really since we never saw him). So we take Mike, and sit him for a year and play him sparingly at #4 and #3, to let him learn slowly and get back into the feel of the NFL game. Moulds can than freely leave and you got 2 dynamic WR's in Evans and Williams and two good slot receivers in Reed and Aiken. Remeber this offense has to be geared around helping out Losman with as many weapons as possible esp with the loss of Eric Moulds likely. Now with this draft there is no 2nd round OL (unless somebody falls badly) that is gonna come in and start for this team (I take into account im saying this before I have really dived into this years draft class, hopefully Im wrong).....Also DL may be there but our D is already pretty damn good and Id prefer a UFA DL aquisition before a rookie. There are no S's to take here but there should be some in 3rd round. If we got OL and DL in UFA, and Mike falls, i say grab him and we'll be set for a long time......

Now having said all this there is no way I see Mike Williams falling to us.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                • Aug 2004

and in the third round the bills select P Dustin Colquit of Tennesse.
                http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

Or another idea. What if turkey Peerless Price gets the axe and is looking for another chance. Do we sign him to a decent contract? I'd consider it, since he did pretty good in our system. He'd prolly be our #3 behind Evans though.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                    Or another idea. What if turkey Peerless Price gets the axe and is looking for another chance. Do we sign him to a decent contract? I'd consider it, since he did pretty good in our system. He'd prolly be our #3 behind Evans though.
                    Seems even more unlikely than us drafting Williams...

Comment

• CAbills
                      • Jul 2004

We need o-line help before we need another receiver
                      Lets Go Buffalo!
                      Boiler Up!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

SABURZFAN thinks drafting another WR is a bad idea.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                          • Jul 2002

NC-BILLS44 wouldn't draft a WR or P this coming year.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                            whats up with the referring to yourself in the third person?

Pride says that's dumb
                            LMAO, I have been telling this clown the same thing for a year on the buffalobills.com site. It is really annoying, WTF?

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

If Williams is at our pick in the 2nd round, we could get a good deal for a trade down.

Him falling to the 2nd round isnt a possibility though.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X