PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Miller to start Tuesday for the Sabres!!

Earthquake Enyart
11-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Desperate times require desperate measures.

BironsGirl43
11-18-2002, 06:03 PM
I don't get it.. it's not like Biron and Noronen are the problem anyway.. I'm glad the guy was called up and what not but what's the point.. you think the Sabres will magically change and play harder because Miller is net? I hope he does well.. really I do.. but it seems like Ruff is sending the wrong message.. instead of doing something about the forwards who wouldn't score if their life depended on it.. he benches a goalie? hmm...... ok!

Earthquake Enyart
11-18-2002, 06:09 PM
They are showcasing someone!

Goalie, goalie, who needs a goalie.......

BironsGirl43
11-18-2002, 06:22 PM
Yeah that could be it.. I think a huge trade is going to go down.. and the Sabres will lose a goalie.... hmmmmmm

Buffarama
11-18-2002, 06:56 PM
Ruff, as he did last year, has blamed goaltending. I heard him say it, I heard the quote. He did the same thing last year.
Ruff always needs a goat to cover his behind. In previous years, he would put Sanderson on the 4rth line (now a top goal scorer in the league), Gilmour on a wing, sit Andrychuck, bench Boughner, Gratton with Ray(now the leading scorer on the team), Wooley his last victim, and last year just as he did this year, blame the goaltending.
Ruff has run his course here.
Yeah Biron hasn't been stellar. Noronon still hasn't had a legit opportunity.
Let me ask everyone this, if you were a player seeing all this, would you sell out for this guy?

Typ0
11-18-2002, 07:28 PM
I think they are just looking to gut the team and save all the dollars they can. If Miller plays decent (lets in less than ten goals) they will cut Biron and probably a few other players. There will be no pick-ups they are just looking to deplete the payroll. This will decrease the net loss and make the financials look better to sell to a new owner. This will also point to their being a new round of bids from outside the Buffalo area because the pro-forma statements reflect the current payroll which the current offer has leveraged into a lower value of the team.

Typ0
11-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Yep that's about it. The value of the Sabres in Buffalo is low because of the market and all they can do is massage the numbers. A better market wanting a team will be able to put a much more attractive offer on the table. Bye Bye Sabres.

casdhf
11-18-2002, 09:34 PM
It could boost sales for a game. Thats what its all about.

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 01:20 AM
cas, puppy, pay attention! Tuesday's game is at the Meadowlands. :doh:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43
Yeah that could be it.. I think a huge trade is going to go down.. and the Sabres will lose a goalie.... hmmmmmm

unfortunately,it'll be biron.the holidays aren't here and they're already starting the firesale.

:shakeno: un friggin real.....

SABURZFAN
11-19-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
Yep that's about it. The value of the Sabres in Buffalo is low because of the market and all they can do is massage the numbers. A better market wanting a team will be able to put a much more attractive offer on the table. Bye Bye Sabres.

that moron,bettman,will blame the fans for not attending.i'm willing to bet that that'll be the reason.he'll bring up that garbage how he addressed the fans to show up,support your team, and your team will stay in buffalo crap.

Typ0
11-19-2002, 10:47 AM
Yep. Talk is cheap.

Buffarama
11-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Actually, being more positive in response than earlier, simply cause I can't take Ruff and Regier anymore, this is the first game in weeks I'm looking forward to watching. Finally, though small, it's something to get interested and excited about.
Also, I gotta disagree with you typo, Biron will never be cut, he would be traded. I don't think they're looking to dump his salary either. I also don't think this is such a small market for hockey that a team can't be supported. A good owner can bring the bucks and people in. The small market stuff has to stop. Everyone in Buffalo is talking themselves right out of a life.

Sabre Ally
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Did anyone else notice all the empty seats in New Jersey tonight?? Hmm........

Mr.Reality
11-20-2002, 12:35 AM
Well, at least Miller was solid through 2 periods. I was hoping he'd win.

Sabre Ally
11-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Personally, I think he'll be better than Biron or Noronen.

Mr.Reality
11-20-2002, 01:08 AM
Personally, I think they need to trade him to the Wings.

Sabre Ally
11-20-2002, 01:15 AM
Ally:spanku:Mr. Reality

Mr.Reality
11-20-2002, 01:22 AM
haha.

By the way, the Wings have reeled of 5 in a row. Federov is on fire. They'll be deadly if Fischer can make a miracle comeback for the playoffs ala Forsberg, and they get Yzerman back.

Sabre Ally
11-20-2002, 01:35 AM
:shakeno: Even Wings fans cannot spell it correctly? It is FedOrov ;)