PDA

View Full Version : I (we) owe TD an apology

Billsouth
12-03-2004, 08:50 PM
I and many others have been critical of TD's drafts. Well it looks like 2003 was a work of GENIUS. I was wrong and must admit it.

Remember we never should have had a 1st rounder in 2003 but Td worked some magic and got us #23 which he then drafted wm who would have been a top 3 pick. WHAT A MOVE!!!!!!!

we also got kelsay who is going to be a stud. mcgee who will be in the pro bowl, aiken who will be a good receiver and otherwise did a good job at drafting.

He also signed milloy and tko who r vital to our d.

in 2004, evans was a great pick and i think considering the fact that we never would have seen a qb of losman's quality where we r picking, STOLE losman. i would give up a next year number 1, a current 2 and 5 for a current teams #1 pick.

td got burned by gw but i think mularkey is the next cowher and will be sucessful. i am proud of my team as they have turned this season around. not bad for a rookie coach who was on the hot seat from day 1.

WE WILL BE BACK SOON!

LOMBARDI HERE WE COME!!

BillsFanInMass
12-03-2004, 09:00 PM
I never said anything bad about Td i have never been more exited in the offseasons he is so aggressive at getting us talent in Buffalo. Its never been his fault bad coaching Gw and poor qb and line play has been the prob imo.GW had the #1 Defense in Tennesee and came in to get interviewed more prepared than the rest i probably would have hired him too if i could of gotten by those man boobs, So i dont blame TD for that.

Turf
12-03-2004, 09:04 PM
The day I apologize to any Bills GM for missing the playoffs 4 years in a row aint gonna happen.

FTG
12-03-2004, 09:07 PM
McGahee is looking like the steal of the draft! Mcgee looks like he will be a real good player.

I would say it's way to early to say Kelsy is going to be a stud and I have not seen anything out of Aiken.

Billz_fan
12-03-2004, 10:27 PM
I will apologize when the teams record under TD goes above .500 that will take a few more seasons :laughter:

ScottLawrence
12-03-2004, 11:11 PM
apologize to Donahoe? :snooze:

ShadowHawk7
12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I don't know about TDs mysterious 3rd round picks though, I've seen zilch production from Crowell and Anderson.

NapalmDeath
12-04-2004, 01:17 AM
I don't know about TDs mysterious 3rd round picks though, I've seen zilch production from Crowell and Anderson.

Anderson has yet to dress for a game. Always inactive

Tatonka
12-04-2004, 01:23 AM
what is our record under td again?

SABURZFAN
12-04-2004, 01:47 AM
i refuse to apologize. :mad:

NapalmDeath
12-04-2004, 01:51 AM

The Bills have a GREAT chance of beating last years record. (6 - 10 in case you forgot) And the Bills are looking up. So, if the Bills do have a winning season this year, will you and your buddy Mr. Cynical kindly REMIND us?

Thank you and thanks for attempting to ruin all hopes of a playoff seed this year. I suppose you think that Miami will beat the Bills this week.

I have an idea that will impress you. Lets fire TD. And lets get another GM in here. Right this minute. Not only will the new GM probably change the entire coaching staff to help improve his "direction" of where he taking this team, but hell, he get us a SuperBowl. :lolpoint: Butch Davis

I will admit that I have *****ed about Donahoe. But at this point in the season bringing up his record is about as relevent as bring up Hank Bullough's record.

The Bills need help right now to get into the playoffs. Not only do they have to win outright, but they need certain teams to lose a few games.

It would be great if this team was playing this well in September. But they didn't. And if you aren't happy about the young players that we have stepping up and making plays then you fall under blackbear's ratings. Or should I add my own? The never happy and never satisfied fans.

colin
12-04-2004, 02:02 AM
TD has effed up the line, but frankly his only real big mistake was greggggggggg.

i think we have had one off year so far with TD, the first year we had to suck, the second year was pretty good, the thrid year was off, this year is still in the making, 9+ wins with a rook coach in our division and confrence (we have to play the Jets and NE twice, miami is off but they are usually stout) is good IMO.

TD gets a high grade from me if we can have a vet QB, moulds or a good vet WR, and develope JP next year, and at a cap level that lets us bring in some line help.

we look like a real team on the rise

Philagape
12-04-2004, 09:03 AM
For hiring GW, it's TD who should apologize to us.

He has some making up to do after that debacle, and Drew hasn't lived up to expectations. But the 2003 draft is a good start. TD will be vindicated when he's holding the Lombardi Trophy.

justasportsfan
12-04-2004, 10:15 AM
he was brought in to win us a sb. We haven't even made it to playoffs. Na, if we don't make playoffs this year, TD should be apolologizing , not us.

Dozerdog
12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
2001 draft was excellent, 2002 is so-so with some potential upside, 2003 was a very good one in a very weak draft year, 2004 is an unknown (but I like it)

Mr. Miyagi
12-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I've never dissed TD, so I don't need to apologize.

Friggin Flip-floppers. :snicker:

Devin
12-04-2004, 11:09 AM
I wont apologize to TD, I will however congradulate him if things get turned around

The_Philster
12-04-2004, 11:12 AM

:hi5:

Mr. Cynical
12-04-2004, 12:36 PM
The day I apologize to any Bills GM for missing the playoffs 4 years in a row aint gonna happen.:clap: :cheers:

Be patient T. He's only had six years to get back to a winning record. Give him a decade and he'll have us in that wild card spot yet! You can bank on it! :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
12-04-2004, 12:37 PM

:up:

EDS
12-04-2004, 01:07 PM
When TD hired Greg Williams initially I thought it was a mistake because the success of the Tennessee defense could be attributed to head coach Jeff Fischer - himself a defensive guru. But, given the success GW has had in Washington, it is clear that he is a talented defensive coach. So it that sense I can see how he would be a consideration as a head coach.

That said, I like the coaching staff right now and the direction the team is heading in.

Dozerdog
12-04-2004, 01:16 PM
It's interesting how people react to stuff-

Some are stats oriented- It's as if the score doesn't count- we could win by 4 Touchdowns but if the stat sheet is ugly they aren't happy.

.....Or they will be selective in what they are patient for. Fire the Coach or GM immediatly, because it's just wins and losses that count..... but I'll be patient and let the young QB develop. :huh:

Win every game, dominate the stat sheet, and who cares about external factors like salary cap restrictions, what is available when you chose the players, where players or coaches want to work, and / or basic sports economics.

Drive 4 Five
12-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I agree 100% with you Napalm. Some people are never satisfied. I'm sure that some of the people on this forum were *****ing and complaining even back when we were going to all those Super Bowls. I think Tom Donahoe has done a masterful job, he has to be one of the best in the business without a doubt. I am certain that probably 90% of the owners in this league would agree with that. What a find Mike Mularkey was. The only negative thing I would say is the thinking behind putting Losman in for mop up duty against the Patriots. That is all. Everyone makes mistakes. Otherwise, I think you have to commend Mularkey for the hiring of April who has turned our league worst ST into league best, for having the insight to keep Jerry Gray when many of us *****ed and moaned about how skewed our number one ranked defense was, and our top five ranking this year. Do not be surprised if Gray isn't getting some looks for a head coaching job in the near future. Bringing in Sam Wyche was genious and to have someone with that much experience willing to work under Mularkey really says alot about what he must think of Mike. What about the job that Mcnally has done with our offensive line? Say what you will but that unit has come along way especially considering the injuries, distractions in camp, and his ability to get the most out of the players we have. Give credit too for the way Mike has handled his players. He had to know that McGahee was clearly the superior back from day one, yet he gave Travis every opportunity to hold his position, following lockeroom protocol because Travis was one of our most popular players both with his teammates and the fans. Last but not least, having the courage to stick with Drew Bledsoe despite the criticism from the media and fans. I am not saying that Bledsoe is the answer at quarterback, but Mike was smart enough to know that he is the only player this year who could steady the ship, and had more sense than any of us to know better than to just give up on your talented but much maligned veteran leader rather than to declare the season lost four weeks ago and going with a rookie. You can see Bledsoe's confidence growing as he is starting to trust his blockers. Yeah I know all about the record under Donahoe but this team is on the rise, and he has already solidified our big three for the future. So maybe you spoilers out there should go and find another team cause Tom Donahoe and company are here to stay.

Drive 4 Five
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
"So maybe you spoilers out there should go and find another team cause Tom Donahoe and company are here to stay."

I apologize if that is out of line. I don't really mean to be a jerk but c'mon...

Dozerdog
12-04-2004, 02:17 PM
BFA- good posts.

While I'm a TD supporter, I'd give him a 7 out of 10 for the job he's done here. I think he's done good, not excellent- as a GM.

Everyone's mistakes are always magnafied above their accomplishments- it's a facet of life. In Buffalo, any GM has to battle with the following-

-The cheapest tickets in the league (not a ton of outside additional revenue)
- No season ticket waiting list (Need immediate results)
- Media scrutiny
- Fanatic fans who want nothing less than a team to compare to the Kelly era
- Weather & Location (This is pretty big when luring coaches/players in FAcy. And it's not just game time weather- it's the wife and kids in Feb-May while daddy is in Bflo in offseason conditioning)

Dozerdog
12-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Basically- whomever is in charge has to think long term success, not gambling withthe cap in hoping a home run is hit - see Baltimore in 1999, Redskins Today

Mr. Cynical
12-04-2004, 02:38 PM
.....Or they will be selective in what they are patient for. Fire the Coach or GM immediatly, because it's just wins and losses that count..... but I'll be patient and let the young QB develop. :huh:
I would hardly call 4 years "immediate". Your comparison to waiting on TD and waiting on JP is completely invalid. We gave up a boatload for JP and he's been here for less than a year, and has been hurt since preseason to boot. Of course I'm prepared to give him time. :rolleyes:

Win every game, dominate the stat sheet, and who cares about external factors like salary cap restrictions, what is available when you chose the players, where players or coaches want to work, and / or basic sports economics.
Professsional football is a tough business. If you don't produce, you get fired. Period. If you want a less stressful or demanding job, go get a normal 9-5 job and call it a day.

Mr. Cynical
12-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Basically- whomever is in charge has to think long term success, not gambling withthe cap in hoping a home run is hit - see Baltimore in 1999, Redskins TodayI'd take the Ravens' "lack of long term vision" any day of the week.

2000: SB WIN
2001: 10-6 (2 playoff games)
2002: 7-9 (was 7-7 going into the last 2 games)
2003: 10-6 (1 playoff game...lost by a field goal)
2004: 7-4

Seems to me they're doing just a tad better then the Bills over the last 4 years and have an SB win to boot. So I fail to see how they mortgaged the future in 1999. :huh:

And even if they went sub 500 in each year from 01-04 after their SB win, I'd STILL take every time over never winning at all.