PDA

View Full Version : OT: I might get bashed for saying this but Ill say it anyway ...

WCoastFin
11-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Even though I hate the Steelers,Honestly, I dont believe Maddox was seriously injured...yup thats right. I believe he was faking it...I mean, who am I to say what hurts and what doesnt but if you take a look at that hit it wasnt even a hard hit but it was more of Bullucks weight coming down...Maddox sucks and I believe he couldnt find a way to get out of his horrible 4 INT performance so he went on exagerating the Injury. Had he stayed in the game they wouldve probably gave him one last shot and if he continued to struggle he wouldve been demoted and they wouldve given Batch a shot...killing his dream of being a starter in this league...I was never sold on Maddox and I think he realizes the truth as well...also hes already walking? and they didnt find anything wrong with him....gimmie a break....again I dont wish any kind of injury on anyone but this guy makes me suspicious.... :shakeno:

Again who am I to say this, but its just my opinion...you make the call...http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol/index.html?http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/5903978

Maddox faking it:loblo:Bulluck saving his football career

:scared:

JJamezz
11-18-2002, 07:46 PM
You can't possibly be serious...

WCoastFin
11-18-2002, 07:51 PM
yes Im serious...this is just my opinion and I have nothing to back it up with.

Dozerdog
11-18-2002, 07:58 PM
Yes, you do have the credentials to come up with this,.... your an imbecile...

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
:lol: Dozer....too funny...and too true....does this thread win Stupid post of the week award?

losman2evans
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
That has to be the dumbest post I have read. Attacking the post and not the poster

Ð
11-18-2002, 08:07 PM
The postings of a complete, classless idiot.

casdhf
11-18-2002, 08:09 PM
I think his title sums it up nicely.

The_Philster
11-18-2002, 08:16 PM
Stupid post of the week award on 2 sites so far.

venis2k1
11-18-2002, 08:34 PM
:anvil:

Dazydog
11-18-2002, 08:44 PM
I sometimes feel sorry for you because everyone picks on you - but I now know why everyone picks on you.

In a league where there is sudden death overtime because they don't want the games to go on for so long - they stop a game for fifteen minutes and you think the guy was faking an injury?

Unbelieveable - what world do you live in? These guys are professionals. How can you claim to be a football fan when you have so little respect for the game and the real risk of injury that these guys face everyday.

Shame on you.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Just because you'd probably fake an injury to get out of your humiliation doesn't mean everyone does.

That is just stupid. If he was to fake something like that then the doctors and team would find out, they're not that stupid. He'd be a laughing stock and would probably never find another NFL Team to play on the rest of his career. Would you want a QB on your team that fakes an injury because he's having a bad game?

I'm sure Maddox would throw away his career that he waited so long to get back by faking an injury. Give me a break.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2002, 09:07 PM
I think Jay Fiedler faked a broken finger against Denver because he was scared to face the Buffalo Bills.

McNabb is also a faker. How can you play on a broken ankle all game and throw for 4 TDs?

honey
11-18-2002, 09:25 PM
No way did Maddox fake that injury. I'm sure being hit by a great big linebacker would KILL me and Maddox is a pretty big guy. He can take hits, just not to the back of his neck! :( No one should have to take that.

shelby
11-18-2002, 09:57 PM
He spent the night in the hospital with a "spinal concussion"....awfully hard to BS an injury like that WToast...
:rolleyes:

SoFL-Cheesehead
11-18-2002, 10:25 PM
I agree, that the injury did not look that bad on TV! However, the NFL is NOT going to take any chances after the inhuries that almost cost players their lives!

From the reports I heard over the TV, he did not have feeling in his leg and/or hands. There are 2 main reasons for that, spinal cord damage or a bruise to the spinal area. Damage to the spinal cord could mean any thing up to and including DEATH! Bruising meaning that he will not play for awhile and shopuld have not problems in the future.

Only a hospital and time can tell the difference between the 2. The steelers and the league did the RIGHT thing at that game!!

DIHARD2
11-18-2002, 10:45 PM
I was going to ignore this piece of work if that's what you want to call it, but I believe a trophy should be created for threads such as this.

The trophy would consist of a cartoon type horse of female persuasion, she will be perched on the peak of a mountain all four huff's are together. On the back end, there will be a guy dangling out of its butt whole. You will not see anything from the shoulders up, because his head is inside the horses butt. On the shirt there would be a dolphin logo. The head of the horse will be upward with a smile on her face, with big brown eyes and long eyelashes. This type of thread should have this honor! It should be shown underneath their aviator, until someone else earnes it.

Whenever a nerve is injured and a lot of times it takes very little pressure to do it, sometimes you'll get your feeling back right away and sometimes it takes months. All it takes is a little bit of pressure on the nerve to wear it cuts off its flow to the brain. He was lucky that he didn't have permanent nerve damage which can happen very easily if the nerve was hit right.

So for anyone to make such a pathetic comment such as this, he has no heart.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Tatonka
11-19-2002, 12:39 AM
that is the most tasteless, dishonorable thing i have read on this site... wcf, it is so obviously apparent that you feed on the attention you get, be it mostly negative.. i can deal with the fact that your a lonely kid/man that really has little to no life... but what i am about to say has nothing to do with the fact that you are a horrible fan of a horrible team.. the statement you just made crosses a line... you are just a horrible person.

My cousin, who is the same age as me, 27, was paralyzed in an accident. he regained the motion in his arms, but he cant feel/use anything from his waist down. If you, for one minute, think that maddox was laying face down on that turf thinking to himself "yes, i fooled them all, i'm so smart" then you deserve that fate. I hope you get to experience it.. if not for a lifetime like my cousin, then just for a day... a minute...

Maddox was laying on that ground praying to god... praying that he could move... scared out of his mind...

i really cant believe what i just read.. and honestly, i cant believe what i just said.. but hope you can experience that kind of fear for just a minute, so you would shut your ****ing mouth. go drive your car off a cliff you piece of ****.

SABURZFAN
11-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Yes, you do have the credentials to come up with this,.... your an imbecile...

:lolcry:

bad dog......:rofl:

SABURZFAN
11-19-2002, 04:08 AM
after reading everybody's comments,i think that sums everything up.to claim that he's faking an injury is downright pathetic.football is a brutal sport.i don't think that maddox would waste his time getting carted off on a stretcher and spending time in the hospital just for kicks.i'm sure that he has better things to do.if you think that he's faking,you're :coocoo:

SoFL-Cheesehead
11-19-2002, 05:21 AM
Hey Folks, everyone makes a mistake! let's give him another chance. We all do things in the heat of the time and say thing we shouldn't have said. This is one of those times and we should give him a break!

mybills
11-19-2002, 07:01 AM
WOW! WCF, you'll do ANYTHING for zonebucks, won't you? :rolleyes:

Judge
11-19-2002, 08:13 AM
WCF-

Let's try this: why don't you call up Keith Bullock and have him hit you the same way Tommy Maddox got hit. Then you can tell us how it feels and let us know then if you think Maddox was faking it.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by mybills
WOW! WCF, you'll do ANYTHING for zonebucks, won't you? :rolleyes: That's exactly what I thought when I read the first post.

But chicks do dig guys in wheelchairs.

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Judge
WCF-

Let's try this: why don't you call up Keith Bullock and have him hit you the same way Tommy Maddox got hit. Then you can tell us how it feels and let us know then if you think Maddox was faking it.

I will probably fake it also and sue his ass!:peace:

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SoFL-Cheesehead
I agree, that the injury did not look that bad on TV! However, the NFL is NOT going to take any chances after the inhuries that almost cost players their lives!

From the reports I heard over the TV, he did not have feeling in his leg and/or hands. There are 2 main reasons for that, spinal cord damage or a bruise to the spinal area. Damage to the spinal cord could mean any thing up to and including DEATH! Bruising meaning that he will not play for awhile and shopuld have not problems in the future.

Only a hospital and time can tell the difference between the 2. The steelers and the league did the RIGHT thing at that game!!

any employer wont take any kind of chances and I agree with you they did the right thing faking it or not....dont get me wrong I wish him the best if he seroiusly did get injured but this guy makes me suspicious....you can say whatever you want and the world may never know, how do we know its never happened before?....It happens so often in soccer.

lordofgun
11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
They weren't going to pull him anyway. With the way he's been playing, he's an NFL MVP candidate. That's just ridiculous on every level.

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 06:22 PM
"He is perfectly normal. Everything is absolutely, perfectly normal.''

Maddox also recovered much more quickly than normal from his cerebral concussion, the injury that led former quarterbacks Steve Young and Troy Aikman to retire.

ESPN.com