PDA

View Full Version : Morris most impressive so far...

lordofgun
07-31-2002, 10:20 AM
from Shout! Magazine...

The only running back who seemed to have the upper hand more often than not was Sammy Morris. Phillip Crosby, Travis Henry and Richard Huntley also had some positive moments ...

Romes
07-31-2002, 11:18 AM
the upper hand in a drill were a LB would rush in and the RB had to stop him from getting to a dummy representing a QB.

Ebenezer
07-31-2002, 11:25 AM
Henry will be the starter...sounds like Bryson is on his way out.

John Doe
08-01-2002, 09:35 PM
I think that Morris will be one of the three running backs to make the team along with Henry and Huntly. Too bad that there is not a whole lot of speed among them. Sam is an effort guy, great hands, decent blocker, and developed into a very good special teams player despite nagging injury. I hope he stays healthy this year - nothing but positives from the guy.

JefftheBillsfan
08-02-2002, 08:18 AM
the lack of speed i think will result in Alexander finding his way on the team. I think they will keep 4 RBs and 2 FBs since we should be running the ball a lot this year. I would go with...Henry, Morris, Alexander, Huntly...unless of corse Bryson stays.

John Doe
08-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Jeff, the question is then: from what position do you take the depth if you keep 4 running backs?

Ð
08-02-2002, 12:48 PM
http://www.9lives.heinzpetproducts.com/image/morristv/TV-cat-2.X.gif

JefftheBillsfan
08-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Im glad you asked Jon Doe...I would take a spot out of the OL because of the versatility of all the players...

John Doe
08-02-2002, 04:29 PM
Jeff, that is normally the spot that you would take the depth from, but after what we went through last year with all the line injuries, management will think twice about keeping only nine there. That also means that Pucillo probably does not make the team, and a I doubt that he would go to the practice squad - someone would pick him up. There was some talk prior to training camp of using Rogers out of the backfield on some plays but I have not heard anything about that since.

BillsNYC
08-02-2002, 04:38 PM
get rid of huntly!!!!!!!!!!

JefftheBillsfan
08-02-2002, 04:40 PM
But depth isn't need as much as it was last year...Teague can fill in almost anywhere and can be replaced by Conanty at C. Jennings can play almost anywhere as can Ostroski. Sullivan has decent versatility as well. If someone goes down we can work around it.

TigerJ
08-02-2002, 10:23 PM
I think there is a chance Buffalo will keep 4 RBs and only one FB (Centers). Reasoning: The coaching staff may feel that Morris, who was a college FB, and Huntley, who has pretty good size can play FB enough to get by. All Crosby really brings to the team is his blocking. I'm not downplaying the importance of blocking, but with Crosby it's possible the Bills could telegraph to the opponent what they are doing on an upcoming play because of his limitations. Translation: If the Bills bring him in for run blocking, teams will quickly earn to expect a run whenever he comes in. The other guys are all versatile enough to keep opponents off balance. Morris has been blocking pretty well in camp, and may make Crosby expendable.

John Doe
08-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Certainly possible TJ, but when you get to a short yardage/goal line situation, its good to have that big fullback. I have read reports that Crosby is a decent receiver and a good special teams player as well.