PDA

View Full Version : Just to annoy Morgoth, if we RUN THE TABLE AND GO 10-6

Iehoshua
12-04-2004, 12:18 PM
How will it feel?.. We'll be last year's Miami, a solid winning record, yet nothing to show for it... I'd be happy with a winning season yet very let down.... Thoughts?

:darth:

TigerJ
12-04-2004, 12:23 PM
I would be disappointed but not devastated. I know the Bills don't have it together enough to go very far in the playoffs. Assuming whoever is playing QB for the Bills next season can do a decent job, I think 2005 might be a year where the Bills can do some damage.

Mr. Cynical
12-04-2004, 12:29 PM
I expected 6-10 since the preseason, so anything above that is a bonus. I won't get my hopes up for a real run until JP is in there and has had experience. That means (realistically) '06, altho you never know.

Drive 4 Five
12-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Man I would be thrilled to end the season with a winning record, even if we miss the playoffs. Ending with a winning record despite the way we started the season off? Talk about momentum going into next season...

:gobills:

Michael82
12-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Man I would be thrilled to end the season with a winning record, even if we mis the playoffs. Ending with a winning record despite the way we started the season off? Talk about momentum going into next season...

:gobills:
:10: :bf1:

Drive 4 Five
12-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks bro. :peace:

Dozerdog
12-04-2004, 01:57 PM
How will it feel?.. We'll be last year's Miami, a solid winning record, yet nothing to show for it... I'd be happy with a winning season yet very let down.... Thoughts?

:darth:
I think it has an opposite effect.

When you are approaching Thanksgiving with an 8-3, 9-2 record all you do for a month is look at your potential playoff matchups and discuss/get your hopes up. When you finish losing 4 of your last 5 or 6, against some inferior opponents, and it's a yearly tradition, finishing 10-6 has got to be devastating. Look at the Dolphins. It created a panic atmosphere in their front office and they made one dumb move after another in the offseason with nothing to show for it.

They dealt what, over half of their day 1 draft picks(Couple of #1s, Couple of 2's a couple of 3's) the past few years for Ricky, AJ, Lamont Gordon....and where has it got them?

Finishing 10-6 does a lot- It means the team has finally learned how to win. It means going 8-2 over the last 10- building confidence and swagger. Screw losing for a better draft pick...that's just teaches a losing attitude to your team.

Morgoth
12-04-2004, 02:00 PM
If we run the table from here on out it will mean that we swept the Fins and that will have to carry me through until next year.

Tatonka
12-04-2004, 03:30 PM
just to play devils advocate..

10-6 w/ no playoffs didnt really do wonders for miami last year.

helmetguy
12-04-2004, 04:15 PM
It never did wonders for Miami. Even when they made the playoffs, it was a short ride. Remember, it's not about how you start, but how you finish.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Look..If we could finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs (this is the AFC, not the NFC) or 9-7, or even 8-8.....

We are heading in a POSITIVE direction for the first time in a long while. The GW/K. Killdrive era is gone!!!! Just pray that Willi' knees stay healthy!!!

finsrclowns
12-04-2004, 09:07 PM
I think it has an opposite effect.

When you are approaching Thanksgiving with an 8-3, 9-2 record all you do for a month is look at your potential playoff matchups and discuss/get your hopes up. When you finish losing 4 of your last 5 or 6, against some inferior opponents, and it's a yearly tradition, finishing 10-6 has got to be devastating. Look at the Dolphins. It created a panic atmosphere in their front office and they made one dumb move after another in the offseason with nothing to show for it.

They dealt what, over half of their day 1 draft picks(Couple of #1s, Couple of 2's a couple of 3's) the past few years for Ricky, AJ, Lamont Gordon....and where has it got them?

Finishing 10-6 does a lot- It means the team has finally learned how to win. It means going 8-2 over the last 10- building confidence and swagger. Screw losing for a better draft pick...that's just teaches a losing attitude to your team.

:hail: