12-05-2004, 02:49 PM
18/28 for 267yds and 4 TDs

:D

clumping platelets
12-05-2004, 02:49 PM
So far............

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I completely take back everything I ever said about Drew.

He is the man.

He should start next year and JP should ride the bench.

He is amazing.

He is going to take us to the promised land.

He has proven to be a WINNER as his record shows so I say keep him for another 3 years.

Go Bills. :D

JayWood
12-05-2004, 03:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing throughout the game. As the system that MM created in B-LO starts to now develope I can see drew being here for another year. It wasnt all pretty, but this team is fun to watch again!!! :dance:

LarryBoy
12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
132.9.....Bledsoe's rating for today! :bow:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 03:33 PM
While I too, am happy with his performance, let's not get too drunk on the W...

We are playing the 2nd WORST team in the league..................

Michael82
12-05-2004, 03:33 PM
D. Bledsoe 19/30 277 yards 4 TDs 0 INT

:clap: :10:

Michael82
12-05-2004, 03:35 PM
BTW...i agree with you, Clump. Bledsoe may save his job by running the table with great play. :up:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 03:35 PM

I repeat...

Let's not give him the keys to the castle yet....

Drewpac
12-05-2004, 03:37 PM
We have a pretty weak remaining schedule so it seems likely that Bledsoe will finish with decent numbers this year. He's at 17 TDs and 14 INTs through today. He'll probably finish with around 23 TDs and 17-18 INTs. That's about as well as I could have hoped for this year.

I still think Losman should be starting week 1 next season.

DraftBoy
12-05-2004, 03:37 PM
He'll be here maybe not as the starter but he'll be here

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I repeat...

Why not? He had a great game against a 2-9 team! That means he's back! What's wrong with you man?

:;

NapalmDeath
I completely take back everything I ever said about Drew.

He is the man.

He should start next year and JP should ride the bench.

He is amazing.

He is going to take us to the promised land.

He has proven to be a WINNER as his record shows so I say keep him for another 3 years.

Go Bills. :D

Hey make sure you change your sig too.. :loser:

FTG
Drew played great today. He's a lot closer to getting another year than he was 2 weeks ago but lets see the last 4 games. I wish we were playing some tough teams to see how he would do against them.

Iehoshua
We have a pretty weak remaining schedule so it seems likely that Bledsoe will finish with decent numbers this year. He's at 17 TDs and 14 INTs through today. He'll probably finish with around 23 TDs and 17-18 INTs. That's about as well as I could have hoped for this year.

I still think Losman should be starting week 1 next season.

:bf1:

Great post.

Ala Cincy and Kitna.. Kitna did NOTHING to lose his job yet Palmer started...

Remember people we're 6-6, not 6-0, even though I too admit it feels like we are undefeated right now. :biggrin:

imbondz
12-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Drew played great today. He's a lot closer to getting another year than he was 2 weeks ago but lets see the last 4 games. I wish we were playing some tough teams to see how he would do against them.
we already know the answer to that though

NapalmDeath
Why not? He had a great game against a 2-9 team! That means he's back! What's wrong with you man?

:;

Please Note That For Mr. Cynical to give Props to the Bills QB, He Must NOT be Drew Bledsoe

:loser:

Mr. Cynical
Hey make sure you change your sig too.. :loser:
It's called sarcasm. Look it up here: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Please Note That For Mr. Cynical to give Props to the Bills QB, He Must NOT be Drew Bledsoe

I don't think there is a person with a brain that wouldn't give Bledsoe props... However saying he's the QB of the future and he's "back" after beating up a 2-9 team is equally as brainless...

FTG
12-05-2004, 03:43 PM

:rofl: true

cordog
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
I repeat...

They have a pretty good D, theyre strenght is pass defense (coming into today)which bledsoe killed today.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I don't think there is a person with a brain that wouldn't give Bledsoe props... However saying he's the QB of the future and he's "back" after beating up a 2-9 team is equally as brainless...

Who said anything about the future?

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 03:47 PM

Uhh read the title of this thread...
:crazy:

FTG

Thread title : Drew Bledsoe will be here in 2005

Iehoshua
Thread title : Drew Bledsoe will be here in 2005
:rofl:

I beat you! ;)

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
My main point was to :lolpoint: Drew haters

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 03:54 PM

How about taking a look at his career record against WINNING teams before blindly posting. The fins are 2-10 and have an interim coach. Yes they have a good D but they are still a losing team.

When (more like if) Drew can win against teams over 500 consistently and win big games, I'll be the first in line to say I was wrong. However I feel pretty safe given his record over 11 years. He's not going to change which is why I don't want to see him start. He *will* screw up, it's just a matter of time, and it will be against a team over 500, not against a 2-10 team.

FTG

Yeah..............sure it was :crazy:

cordog

It amazes me some of these people are bills fans. The QB has a good game and its like they are disappointed.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Uhh read the title of this thread...

ScottLawrence
12-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Way to early to determine that Clump.

IMO, If he has a strong performance against the Bengals in two weeks in a hostile enviorment and we win, I think he probably will stay.

Like Someone else said, we played against the 2nd worst team in the league.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 03:56 PM

Your IQ just dropped 50 points with that post. I don't know any Drew haters here, only people who wear rosey glasses, then the ones who don't I also now know witch category you fall into...

cordog
12-05-2004, 03:56 PM
How about taking a look at his career record against WINNING teams before blindly posting. The fins are 2-10 and have an interim coach. Yes they have a good D but they are still a losing team.

When (more like if) Drew can win against teams over 500 consistently and win big games, I'll be the first in line to say I was wrong. However I feel pretty safe given his record over 11 years. He's not going to change which is why I don't want to see him start. He *will* screw up, it's just a matter of time, and it will be against a team over 500, not against a 2-10 team.

Ummm...the Jets? St. Louis?

cordog
12-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Your IQ just dropped 50 points with that post. I don't know any Drew haters here, only people who wear rosey glasses, then the ones who don't I also now know witch category you fall into...

Did you miss the game today? Those werent rosy glasses. Drew played well.

Michael82
Way to early to determine that Clump.

IMO, If he has a strong performance against the Bengals in two weeks in a hostile enviorment and we win, I think he probably will stay.

Like Someone else said, we played against the 2nd worst team in the league.
But against a top notch defense that was pressuring the hell out of him. :cynic:

LarryBoy
It amazes me some of these people are bills fans. The QB has a good game and its like they are disappointed.

How true.

Iehoshua

Who says they are disappointed? Read the posts, dude. Its called a counter-arguement. I'm happy as can be today for the W and equally as happy with Drew's play.

I am NOT however ready to say he's the starter in '05. How does that make me disappointed? Please elaborate.

Michael82
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
I know a lot of Drew Haters here. :::

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Who says they are disappointed? Read the posts, dude. Its called a counter-arguement. I'm happy as can be today for the W and equally as happy with Drew's play.

I am NOT however ready to say he's the starter in '05. How does that make me disappointed? Please elaborate.

Im talking in general DUDE. i would suggest you read some of these posts dude. I dont give a crap about who the qb is in '05. This is '04 and the team and the qb is playing well right now. Lets just worry about Dec.12 rather than September '05

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:00 PM

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Im talking in general DUDE. i would suggest you read some of these posts dude. I dont give a crap about who the qb is in '05. This is '04 and the team and the qb is playing well right now. Lets just worry about Dec.12 rather than September '05

:clap:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
I know a lot of Drew Haters here. :::

You choose to see things how you wish. If someone hates the play of a player who drags down the team, does that mean they hate the person? I don't think so necessarily. I've never cared for Drew nor do I much more at this point. I don't think this team will go anywhere with him as the starter. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong and would happily sit down to a big bowl of crow.

Now lets not read into this wrong, children, and think I hate Bledsoe. Drew has played well over a few games but his great play has NOT cancelled out his screw-ups. Sorry. We were 8-8 before with him and that's basically where we are now, and that is NOT what I envision for my team but thats the best I see us getting with Drew...

With that, I am DONE with this thread.

:darth:

Michael82
12-05-2004, 04:02 PM
BEAUTIFUL Post! :10: :bf1:

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Ummm...the Jets? St. Louis?Rams: 6-6. Last time I checked that wasn't over 500, and thus they are not a winning team.

Jets: 9-3. Yes, this is a winning team. Drew was 18/30 for 184 an 1TD. And WM ran for 132 yards. Remember, I said consistently beat teams over 500, not once in a while.

Typ0
12-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Then maybe you should stay away from threads that are about 2005 dude! :D

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Then maybe you should stay away from threads that are about 2005 dude! :D

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM

Exactly.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
You choose to see things how you wish. If someone hates the play of a player who drags down the team, does that mean they hate the person? I don't think so necessarily. I've never cared for Drew nor do I much more at this point. I don't think this team will go anywhere with him as the starter. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong and would happily sit down to a big bowl of crow.

Now lets not read into this wrong, children, and think I hate Bledsoe. Drew has played well over a few games but his great play has NOT cancelled out his screw-ups. Sorry. We were 8-8 before with him and that's basically where we are now, and that is NOT what I envision for my team but thats the best I see us getting with Drew...

With that, I am DONE with this thread.

:darth:

I dont think he drug the team down today. I understand yeah, maybe you dont like bledsoe, and i can respect that. But give credit where credit is due. Hes played well lately. I personally think hes playing better because this team has come together and its also bought into what MM is doing.From starting out 0-4 to 6-6 isnt too bad.

finsrclowns

Miami has the 6th rated defense. Their D is NOT the reason they are 2-10. And that D played VERY hard today. They won the battle at the LOS overall but Bledsoe played very well and refused to force throws.

Winning against >.500 teams is not about one player.

Mr. Cynical

:bf1:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
*sniff, sniff* I'm so proud :cry: :clap:

There are a select few Drew haters and then there's the rest of us

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Miami has the 6th rated defense. Their D is NOT the reason they are 2-10. And that D played VERY hard today. They won the battle at the LOS overall but Bledsoe played very well and refused to force throws.

Winning against >.500 teams is not about one player.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:10 PM

Winning against >.500 teams is not about one player.So you think he should start next year? That IS the point of this thread, btw.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
*sniff, sniff* I'm so proud :cry: :clap:

There are a select few Drew haters and then there's the rest of us

I think there is a new ostrich club.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
So you think he should start next year? That IS the point of this thread, btw.

LOL thats too funny. How many threads have you turned into Drew bashing thread?

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh, it never went away. They only hide when he does poorly and then come back out when he starts doing well. I fully expect the crickets to start chirping after he reverts bck to form.

finsrclowns
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM

I'm just thinking about beating the Browns right now. Give me some time to get on a soapbox. If my post was off topic please feel free to ignore it.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
As many as I feel necessary, and this is one of them. :up:

Michael82
12-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Or a TD bashing thread too. Hell, even with wins...he keeps that pathetic signature. :shakeno:

FTG
If he plays well the rest of the year I don't have a problem with an open competition between Drew and JP in training camp next year and let the best man start. If he lays another bomb somewhere along the way(it will come @ Cinci if it comes at all) then I still think it's time to move on.

Michael82
:rolleyes:

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:15 PM

I say let him and JP compete

If JP wins the job, then I coming after you guys if JP has a bad game or 3.

History doesn't mean squat. I am talking today.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:16 PM

Thats fine, but dont go run behind the title of the thread when people are pointing out one of Bledsoe's good days.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:17 PM
yeah...only it's obvious some people don't realize they're the ones with their heads stuck in the sand :;

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh, it never went away. They only hide when he does poorly and then come back out when he starts doing well. I fully expect the crickets to start chirping after he reverts bck to form.

I dont think "drew lovers" or as i like to call them "Bills fans" have hid. When hes played bad, people have stated so. When hes played well, the Drew bashers dont want to admit he had a good game.

EDS
12-05-2004, 04:19 PM

If the season ended today I would say MM should have an open competition in training camp between Drew and JP, whomever plays better is the starter at the beginning of the season.

I don't think Drew is the long term answer but at this point, if his current level of play continues for the rest of the season, he deserves to come back next year and at least have a fighting chance for the starting job. Plus, I don't think it makes sense bringing in another veteran QB wil Losman waiting in the wings.

So I think Drew will be back in '05.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I dont think "drew lovers" or as i like to call them "Bills fans" have hid. When hes played bad, people have stated so. When hes played well, the Drew bashers dont want to admit he had a good game.
:10: :clap: :bf1: Great post, bud :up:

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM

That sounds very familiar....

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM
:10: :clap: :bf1: Great post, bud :up:
though I will admit I saw FTG give Drew a game ball today

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Or a TD bashing thread too. Hell, even with wins...he keeps that pathetic signature. :shakeno:Yeah, you're right. 23-37 doesn't warrant any criticism. You have a very short term memory it seems.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Thats fine, but dont go run behind the title of the thread when people are pointing out one of Bledsoe's good days.
Who's running? It's called staying on topic.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:22 PM
That sounds very familiar....
like something a lot of us have been saying for months? :; Hey...if the haters can repeat themselves ad nauseum (in the past they drove posters away), why can't those of us who see the whole team?

cordog
Rams: 6-6. Last time I checked that wasn't over 500, and thus they are not a winning team.

Jets: 9-3. Yes, this is a winning team. Drew was 18/30 for 184 an 1TD. And WM ran for 132 yards. Remember, I said consistently beat teams over 500, not once in a while.

last time i checked seattle was over 500.

NapalmDeath
Yeah, you're right. 23-37 doesn't warrant any criticism. You have a very short term memory it seems.

You may have to change the top part

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Who's running? It's called staying on topic.

Then i suggest you take some of your own medicine and stay on topic for other threads as well.

Mr. Cynical
Show me where I said he didn't have a good game. Again, that is completely irrelevant to the topic. Should he be here in '05? I say absolutely not, for the reasons I have mentioned time and time again. That is the topic, not "did drew have a good game".

FTG
. When hes played well, the Drew bashers dont want to admit he had a good game.

You have not been reading the posts have you? Mr C, Darth, myself have all said he had a great game. Just because we are still skeptical means we "hate" Bledsoe. Give me a break :rolleyes:

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
like something a lot of us have been saying for months? :; Hey...if the haters can repeat themselves ad nauseum (in the past they drove posters away), why can't those of us who see the whole team?

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
I repeat...

I agree. Yes he threw 4 TD's today and no int's and yes his passes were very well chosen. But until he does this against a winning team in crunch time ( I until the 2nd NE game was fully in his corner) he is still Drew, prone to Drew mistakes. He had a great game today even though the OLine struggled, but I still have to use prescribed ointment to treat the burns from defending him for so long. I'm at the stage where I won't believe until I see it. But I also agree he will be here next year.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Then i suggest you take some of your own medicine and stay on topic for other threads as well.
that'll happen about the time this happens
http://wwwpp.uwrf.edu/~w1083002/hell-freezes.jpg :;

TheWingHead
12-05-2004, 04:26 PM

I agree, although I enjoyed the win immensly, I think some of you may be taking some things back in the future *cough* mr. cynical *cough*

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:27 PM
The doorbell rings and Pot opens the door.

"Hello, I'm Kettle. Nice to meet you."

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:28 PM
You may have to change the top part
I will if at the end of the season we are 9-7. Until then, it is just fine as is.

finsrclowns
Yeah, you're right. 23-37 doesn't warrant any criticism. You have a very short term memory it seems.

Holding the first year, which was 3-13, against Donahoe makes no sense. He came to a team in cap hell with no QB. How many wins should that team have had? Depending on how things go the rest of the way TD and the Bills could be at or near .500 in the last three years. Not great but not bad either. There are always personnel decisions GM's would like mulligan's on, but the decision to hire and then stay with GW/KG was the biggest error by far and I think TD would agree with that. To me it looks like he's made the right choice on the mulligan with Mularkey and his last 2 1st round picks are looking like home runs. Give it a freakin' rest. Do you have to turn every post game celebration into depression?

cordog
You have not been reading the posts have you? Mr C, Darth, myself have all said he had a great game. Just because we are still skeptical means we "hate" Bledsoe. Give me a break :rolleyes:

Did i ever once say your a "bledsoe hater" because you may think there should be a QB change? Dont be so literal. Hell, im not sure what we should do about '05 yet. But there are some people that cant admit when he plays well.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
last time i checked seattle was over 500.
Well, you didn't say Seattle, so you may want to think a bit more before posting next time.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
The doorbell rings and Pot opens the door.

"Hello, I'm Kettle. Nice to meet you."

very creative. Just remember this when later on this week in a topic irrelevant to bledsoe you go off about him. Btw i dont think you last post relates to '05 so you may want to stay on topic

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Show me where I said he didn't have a good game. Again, that is completely irrelevant to the topic. Should he be here in '05? I say absolutely not, for the reasons I have mentioned time and time again. That is the topic, not "did drew have a good game".

show me where you have said he had a good game?

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:31 PM
very creative. Just remember this when later on this week in a topic irrelevant to bledsoe you go off about him. Btw i dont think you last post relates to '05 so you may want to stay on topic
:tired:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
http://wwwpp.uwrf.edu/~w1083002/hell-freezes.jpg

FTG
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
. But there are some people that cant admit when he plays well.

Who? I have not seen anyone say he did not play well today?

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:35 PM
show me where you have said he had a good game?
Let's try this...

Title of the thread is, "Drew will be here in 2005".

Now, does that mean "Drew had a good game today, let's talk about it"? No.

It means debating whether or not he should be here next year. If you want to make that decision based on ONE game today, that's entirely up to you. I however take a more realistic and level headed approach by looking at his overall performance for the season and for the last few years. Based on that, he should have been cut in the offseason but at the very least he should be cut after this year IMO.

That is staying on topic.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:35 PM
http://wwwpp.uwrf.edu/~w1083002/hell-freezes.jpg :roflmao: btw. cant wait till next sunday!

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Who? I have not seen anyone say he did not play well today?

did anyone say "hey drew played well today"

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:36 PM
:roflmao: btw. cant wait till next sunday!
Likewise :up:
BTW, bring an appetite, man...Helmet Guy and I are cooking up chili :hungry:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
actually, FTG gave him a game ball...I almost :faint: ed :;

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Let's try this...

It means debating whether or not he should be here next year. If you want to make that decision based on ONE game today, that's entirely up to you. I however take a more realistic and level headed approach by looking at his overall performance for the season and for the last few years. Based on that, he should have been cut in the offseason but at the very least he should be cut after this year IMO.

Like i said. Just remember this later on in the week. BTW some of us do look at the whole picture instead of just one game and are level headed and realize would you rather have a veteran qb next year with a team that has jelled or would you rather have a 2nd year guy that has gotten 10 snaps the whole year. Look at McNair and Pennington. I believe they sat for 2 years. Look at guys like Boller who are struggling.

NapalmDeath
Let's try this...

Great. So If Bledsoe doesn't win the starting job in 2005 and JP has few bad games, we can come scream at you and listen to the excuses. You seem to think that us so called Bledsoe lovers have an excuse....

cordog
actually, FTG gave him a game ball...I almost :faint: ed :;

good, im glad to see people happy that he played well.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:41 PM
Give it a freakin' rest. Do you have to turn every post game celebration into depression? I missed the part where this was a "woohoo we beat the fish thread". :idunno:

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Great. So If Bledsoe doesn't win the starting job in 2005 and JP has few bad games, we can come scream at you and listen to the excuses. You seem to think that us so called Bledsoe lovers have an excuse....

Bledsoe lovers are just "Bills fans that like to see whomever our QB is succeed and win games"

Mad Bomber
12-05-2004, 04:48 PM

Hey, Drew played well today.

Now the answer to that question is yes.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Bledsoe lovers are just "Bills fans that like to see whomever our QB is succeed and win games"

Yes Yes!

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Like i said. Just remember this later on in the week. BTW some of us do look at the whole picture instead of just one game and are level headed and realize would you rather have a veteran qb next year with a team that has jelled or would you rather have a 2nd year guy that has gotten 10 snaps the whole year. Look at McNair and Pennington. I believe they sat for 2 years. Look at guys like Boller who are struggling.
I disagree. You also have guys like Big Ben and Peyton Manning who did well starting out of the gate. We know what Drew can do and it's not enough to move this team forward IMO. We don't know what JP can do and we need to start the process. I can't take another wasted year of no playoffs behind Drew. It just doesn't make sense.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I disagree. You also have guys like Big Ben and Peyton Manning who did well starting out of the gate. We know what Drew can do and it's not enough to move this team forward IMO. We don't know what JP can do and we need to start the process. I can't take another wasted year of no playoffs behind Drew. It just doesn't make sense.

Did we get eliminated today?

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Bledsoe: 11 years of playing.
JP: 0 years of playing.

When Drew has bad games, you can't say he needs time. He has had 11 years and a historical record.

When JP has some bad games next year, you CAN say he needs time. He hasn't had tons of chances or experience.

Big difference.

EDS
12-05-2004, 04:53 PM
The back and forth between the drew supporters and drew haters really makes both sides look bad. It is like the presidential election all over, those of us stuck in the middle just have to sit through it and scratch our heads.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:54 PM

Manning is just a freak and Big Ben now is starting to level off. In fact, living in steelers country, people are *****ing about the lack of a passing game. I just think JP needs another year learning the system. He came from a smaller 1A school so hes not as ready as some others. Miami of Ohio runs an NFL style offense.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Did we get eliminated today?
Want to bet real money on whether we make it or not? I will. We can use LoG as the holder of the cash (PayPal). Let me know.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Want to bet real money on whether we make it or not? I will. We can use LoG as the holder of the cash (PayPal). Let me know.

That wasn't my point

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:56 PM
The back and forth between the drew supporters and drew haters really makes both sides look bad. It is like the presidential election all over, those of us stuck in the middle just have to sit through it and scratch our heads.

Im not either. I just root for the bills, like i have since i was 7, and want to see them win and root for whatever QB is in there to play well.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
That wasn't my point
He missed your point and you're surprised why exactly? :huh:

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Why should we worry if Bledsoe is here or not in '05? I mean, for as hot as some were to get Brunell or Warner in here, there's still hope. Those glamor boys just might be available AGAIN in the offseason.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:01 PM
That wasn't my point
Your point was we are not out of it mathematically. My point was that your point is moot. We are not making the playoffs this year IMO and I'm willing to bet on it. And a big (not the only) reason we are not making the playoffs is because of Drew IMO. Hence, getting back to topic, I do not want to see him here in '05 just because he had a good game today against a 2-10 team.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Why should we worry if Bledsoe is here or not in '05? I mean, for as hot as some were to get Brunell or Warner in here, there's still hope. Those glamor boys just might be available AGAIN in the offseason.

exactly :clap:

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:04 PM
I want to see the Bills win and IMO, Drew has been holding us back for 2 seasons now. That is why I want him out of there, regardless of these little "blips" where he has a good game against a losing team.

I've just had enough of being a mediocre to crap team. Our record since TD has been here is in the same area as the Cards, Lions and Texans. That's why I want change because I'm not satisfied with being in the same category as those other teams.

NapalmDeath
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Your point was we are not out of it mathematically. My point was that your point is moot. We are not making the playoffs this year IMO and I'm willing to bet on it. And a big (not the only) reason we are not making the playoffs is because of Drew IMO.

Yup Because of Drew we lost to Jax. (Don't blame Clements)
Yup Because of Drew we lost to the Jets.(Don't blame the soft D)

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
:clap: You got it :up: It's all on the QB

chernobylwraiths

Didn't Peyton win only one game his first year or something like that? Big Ben is an aberration. HE isn't winning all their games. He is playing well, but they are doing most of it with the run.

cordog
And a big (not the only) reason we are not making the playoffs is because of Drew IMO. Hence, getting back to topic, I do not want to see him here in '05 just because he had a good game today against a 2-10 team.
It hasnt just been today man.
JAC 93.9
NE 83.6
@NYJ 85.0
MIA 90.2
ARI 100.4
NYJ 88.7
STL 108.5
@MIA 132.9

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:08 PM
:yap:

Answer this one direct question: do you want Drew starting in '05?

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 05:10 PM
And, TD's trading for Bledsoe and hiring GW offsets the acquisitions of Spikes, Adams, Posey, Milloy, McGahee, Evans, Baker, McGee,......

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Didn't Peyton win only one game his first year or something like that? Big Ben is an aberration. HE isn't winning all their games. He is playing well, but they are doing most of it with the run.
The colts went 3-13 his first year and then 13-3 in his second. That is why it is so important to get him time now instead of going through the pain later on.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:12 PM
And, TD's trading for Bledsoe and hiring GW offsets the acquisitions of Spikes, Adams, Posey, Milloy, McGahee, Evans, Baker, McGee,......
23-37.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:13 PM
It hasnt just been today man.
JAC 93.9
NE 83.6
@NYJ 85.0
MIA 90.2
ARI 100.4
NYJ 88.7
STL 108.5
@MIA 132.9
So I'll ask you the same question I asked napalm...do you want him starting next year?

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Peyton Manning who did well starting out of the gate..Yeah 71.2 passer rating and a 3-13 W-L record is amazing :up:

chernobylwraiths
12-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I want to see the Bills win and IMO, Drew has been holding us back for 2 seasons now. That is why I want him out of there, regardless of these little "blips" where he has a good game against a losing team.

I've just had enough of being a mediocre to crap team. Our record since TD has been here is in the same area as the Cards, Lions and Texans. That's why I want change because I'm not satisfied with being in the same category as those other teams.

I think our coaching staff held us back more over the last few years. Our coaching staff is now doing well and so is the team. Even at 0-4 we were in the games. The first game as much as anything else was LOST by the defense as much as it wasn't won by the offense. Officials calls hampered us in Oakland and Drew had a bad day. After a poor first three quarters against the Jets, Drew pulled the team out of a funk and had two TDs. Then the prevent couldn't get it done again. Sure Drew hasn't played well in all his games, no quarterbacks go through a whole season without a stinker or two.

Ingtar33
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
ill be honest,

If Drew is pulled as long as we're in the hunt, MM should be fired. I know this is not what those of you who want JP out there want to hear, but the fact is TC in NY should have been fired for switching Warner for Manning. It took the Giants straight out of playoff contention (the same could be said for Denny Green's benching of McCown).

It's been a very long time since the Bills were in the Playoffs. If it means we win out, go 10-6 and squeak in, Bledsoe plays and JP sits, im happy with it. I want the Bills to go to the playoffs. I want them to compete week in and week out. And if a playoff run means Drew is our Starting QB next year im alright with it. Remember, Pennington sat for 2 years before he got on the field. That turned out alright for NY.

What I’ve seen from Drew during this run, makes me feel alright for next year. This version of Drew transplanted into next year will put us in the playoff hunt. I can’t complain about that. Yes, I want to see Losman, to see him get ready, to learn if he’s going to be the guy to take us to the Promised Land. But you can’t mess with something that’s working.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
The colts went 3-13 his first year and then 13-3 in his second. That is why it is so important to get him time now instead of going through the pain later on.

For every manning there is a Palmer or Boller that still struggles their second year. Hell its taken Brees a few years but he seem to have putten it all together. Not every young QB develops in the same amount of time.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:18 PM
ill be honest,

Remember, Pennington sat for 2 years before he got on the field. That turned out alright for NY.

chernobylwraiths
12-05-2004, 05:18 PM
I have been a Drew supporter here since we got him, but I would rather have Losman get some snaps in each game. It is looking more and more as if we will see Drew start the rest of the season. I think Losman will be the starter next year. I would like to see him get a little time with the first team against at least first team defense. I really would like to see MM get him a few series in the next few weeks, regardless of if we are eliminated yet or not. But I wouldn't start him and play him the whole way while we still have a small chance.

EDS
12-05-2004, 05:19 PM
23-37.

Just out of curiosity, other then trading for Bledsoe and hiring GW, what would you have done differently?

Those are really the only two moves I see as questionable. You can say the offensive line but I think TD made an effort to bring players in, just most did not work out.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:19 PM
So I'll ask you the same question I asked napalm...do you want him starting next year?
and ive already stated in this post. I dont know yet. Get back to me after this season. For one im not sure if Losman will be ready to step in yet. And who knows what will happen with drew the last 4 games.

ScottLawrence
12-05-2004, 05:37 PM
If he plays well the rest of the year I don't have a problem with an open competition between Drew and JP in training camp next year and let the best man start. If he lays another bomb somewhere along the way(it will come @ Cinci if it comes at all) then I still think it's time to move on.

Exactly what I think.

If Drew performs good in the Cincinnati game, then I would have no objection for him to be brought back next year.

Although, I am anticipating a "bomb" in the Cincinnati game from him.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, other then trading for Bledsoe and hiring GW, what would you have done differently?

Those are really the only two moves I see as questionable. You can say the offensive line but I think TD made an effort to bring players in, just most did not work out.
But that's just the point. "TD made an effort to bring players in, just most did not work out." Trying is not what counts. Results are. As a GM you are the CEO of the team, which is a business. If the business fails, which at 23-37 they have been, you fire the CEO.

EDS
12-05-2004, 06:27 PM
But that's just the point. "TD made an effort to bring players in, just most did not work out." Trying is not what counts. Results are. As a GM you are the CEO of the team, which is a business. If the business fails, which at 23-37 they have been, you fire the CEO.

Well it is a good thing that TD's latest effort was to bring in a good coaching staff.

Personally, I rather suck for a few years if it means the team will utimately win a super bowl. I am not saying it will definitely happen, but I think TD has positioned the team to succeed.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Tickets are selling. Parking lots are full. Concessions are selling. Merchandise is selling. Salary cap is favorable. Hmmmm. Seems to me that business is pretty good. Now, seeing the growth of the team on the field, a 9-7, 10-6 record MIGHT help bolster all the other aspects of the business. Hell, don't fire the man...BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Personally, I rather suck for a few years if it means the team will utimately win a super bowl.
I completely agree. However, remember we have already sucked for 4 years and we still aren't in the playoffs.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 08:38 AM
do we? we have no clue what is possible with more time and maybe a real LG...I am so glad we did not take the route the Giants took.

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 09:37 AM
132.9.....Bledsoe's rating for today! :bow: I would not use Miami to gauge his performance. The Pats would be my measuring stick and so far he's sucked. Until he plays well against the Pats on a consistent basis, they will always be the monkey on his back.

The Natrix
12-06-2004, 09:42 AM
18/28 for 267yds and 4 TDs

:D

No he won't.

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
If the team continues to win- yes.

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I would not use Miami to gauge his performance. The Pats would be my measuring stick and so far he's sucked. Until he plays well against the Pats on a consistent basis, they will always be the monkey on his back.
By that measuring stick, Jack Kemp would be a complete failure.
He lost big game after big game vs the Pats in the 1960's- only a huge performance in Fenway in 1964 being the exception to the rule.

But then again, in the past 2 years, only Big Ben Roethlesberger and Patrick Ramsey have defeated the Pats since Bledsoe did it.

The King
12-06-2004, 10:32 AM
I would not use Miami to gauge his performance. The Pats would be my measuring stick and so far he's sucked. Until he plays well against the Pats on a consistent basis, they will always be the monkey on his back.

You do realize that Pats are the superbowl Champs? and the best team in football. Very few Qb's play well against them. Drews second game against NE sucked but so did the whole team. I think Drew played alright the first game.

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:34 AM
You do realize that Pats are the superbowl Champs? and the best team in football. Very few Qb's play well against them. Drews second game against NE sucked but so did the whole team. I think Drew played alright the first game.

People seem to forget they have only lost 3 times over the last 30 games or so and one of those was an ass kicking delivered by drew and co.

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
I have the answer. Sit Drew whenever we face NE. We'll have a better chance of winning.

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 10:43 AM
WOW!! Look at all the posts :D

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
By that measuring stick, Jack Kemp would be a complete failure.
He lost big game after big game vs the Pats in the 1960's- only a huge performance in Fenway in 1964 being the exception to the rule.

But then again, in the past 2 years, only Big Ben Roethlesberger and Patrick Ramsey have defeated the Pats since Bledsoe did it.the way to the playoffs or sb is through the Pats. Anyone here think that the seahawks, Rams and fins are in the same class as the Pats? Even if we go on to beat the Steelers, no one toys around the bills like the Pats.No one knows how to beat the bills like they do. They just own us.

The King
12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I have the answer. Sit Drew whenever we face NE. We'll have a better chance of winning.

thats brilliant! I bet Losman knows how to read Defenses better than Drew.... Oh wait we let Losman play against NE. How did that work out?

:moon::hump:

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 10:57 AM
thats brilliant! I bet Losman knows how to read Defenses better than Drew.... Oh wait we let Losman play against NE. How did that work out?

:moon::hump:I was being sacrcastic. I'll play for fun anyways.Coming off an injury he did play like like a healthy Drew that constantly practiced w/ the first team .

BB doesn't knwo how to defend against JP. But he obviouslty knows Drew like the back of his hand.

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Watching Eli Manning is enough for me to wait until JP is ready. Rookie QBs who are successful, like Big Ben, are few and far between. Bledsoe will not be a huge drain on the cap and if he can continue his recent play, I'm sure he'll get another year before turning it over to JP in 2006

I have no problem whatsoever. The added sppedy weapons of McGahee and Evans, improved play of the OL (coaching works), and better special teams have given the offense better chance of success.

KEEP DREW!!!!!!!!

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 11:18 AM
the way to the playoffs or sb is through the Pats. Anyone here think that the seahawks, Rams and fins are in the same class as the Pats? Even if we go on to beat the Steelers, no one toys around the bills like the Pats.No one knows how to beat the bills like they do. They just own us.
And everyone else in the league.

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Did anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe Drew is now grasping Mularkey's concepts finally? I can't believe, that after the way Drew has played, that people are still calling for his head. Losman is NOT Big Ben, he won't step into the starting role and take us to the playoffs. To me, Drew is our best QB, and if it wasn't for the team blowing the game against the Jags and the Jets, we'd be 8-5, but of course, none of that is Drew's doing, he only gets the credit when we lose.

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Did anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe Drew is now grasping Mularkey's concepts finally? I can't believe, that after the way Drew has played, that people are still calling for his head. Losman is NOT Big Ben, he won't step into the starting role and take us to the playoffs. To me, Drew is our best QB, and if it wasn't for the team blowing the game against the Jags and the Jets, we'd be 8-5, but of course, none of that is Drew's doing, he only gets the credit when we lose.
Drew is getting better
Coaching decisions are getting better
The protection is getting better
The running game is getting better
The recievers are hanging on to the ball
We aren't turning the ball over
Our Defense is getting turnovers
Our Special teams are playing great getting us out of holes, or putting us in good positions
Playing with a lead helps

But hey......let's start over with another QB and GM

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm sure he'll get another year before turning it over to JP in 2006
Probably the most depressing post I've read all year.

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Probably the most depressing post I've read all year.
Just curious-

What would make you happier-

11-5 next year with the playoffs with Bledsoe at the helm, JP takes over after two years (like Pennington) in 2006

8-8 or 9-7, one more year away, with JP at the helm

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Or better yet- If losing to the Bengals means the Bills are officially out of the playoffs- and JP gets in earlier-are you going to root for Cincy?

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Drew is getting better
Our Special teams are playing great getting us out of holes, or putting us in good positions

But hey......let's start over with another QB and GMwith the talent we have, it's expected that we should get better. Until we've shown that we can beat the leagues powerhouses, I'm not sold yet.

We'll see if Drew can maintain this performance on a consistent basis. His history says he'll eventually blow it. I hope not. I like Drew and I always wished he could very well live up to what he said when he was asked if he was proud of the sb ring he got from NE "I'll be prouder of the one I'll win w/ the bills" (paraphrased)

BAM
12-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Drew is getting better

But hey......let's start over with another QB and GM

:10:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Just curious-

What would make you happier-

11-5 next year with the playoffs with Bledsoe at the helm, JP takes over after two years (like Pennington) in 2006

8-8 or 9-7, one more year away, with JP at the helm
The crux of this whole thing boils down to this...

You believe Drew can lead us to the SB.

I don't.

Therefore, as long as he is the starting QB, we are wasting time.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Or better yet- If losing to the Bengals means the Bills are officially out of the playoffs- and JP gets in earlier-are you going to root for Cincy?:rolleyes:

You really don't help your cause with stupid shots like this.

finsrclowns
12-06-2004, 01:25 PM
the way to the playoffs or sb is through the Pats. Anyone here think that the seahawks, Rams and fins are in the same class as the Pats? Even if we go on to beat the Steelers, no one toys around the bills like the Pats.No one knows how to beat the bills like they do. They just own us.

Pray tell who don't they own? (Even Pitt's claim is shaky- NE was without Dillon, Law, Branch and both starting OT's)Drew played very poorly against NE but I'm not sure if he plays lights out we beat them up there. People like to talk about refs, luck etc but 26 out of 27 in the age of salary cap "parity" is hard to grasp. To say we're not as good as NE is hardly a knock on DB or the Bills for that matter. It just means you follow the NFL.

Talent wise Buffalo may be close to where NE was when they won their first SB. That win took equal measures of great team play 1-45, great coaching and the stars being in the right alignment. Could that happen with Buffalo this year? I'm an optimist but I can't see it if we have to play NE. I could be wrong but I can't see even Indy or Pitt beating them up there, especially if they get Law back. The beating we took up there started with the coaches, went to the lines and finished with the skill players.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
The crux of this whole thing boils down to this...

You believe Drew can lead us to the SB.

I don't.

Therefore, as long as he is the starting QB, we are wasting time.
this is not 1992....with the exception of NE and Philly, name me two teams that were locks for the playoffs this year?? Now, look at the teams that are going to make the playoffs and tell me how many of them you even thought had a chance to make the playoffs. Pitts is a total surprise. Better? Yes. 11-1? Nobody expected that. SD??

Parity is so rampant that from one year to another we have no clue who is going to the SB. At that rate every team (except those with Manning, McNabb and Brady) can say "you might as well suit up ________...because the current QB ________ is not taking us to the super bowl." I guess GB should ditch Favre, Atlanta should get rid of Vick, Minnesoat should throw Culpepper under the bus....those teams aren't getting to the SB.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 01:42 PM
this is not 1992....with the exception of NE and Philly, name me two teams that were locks for the playoffs this year?? Now, look at the teams that are going to make the playoffs and tell me how many of them you even thought had a chance to make the playoffs. Pitts is a total surprise. Better? Yes. 11-1? Nobody expected that. SD??

Parity is so rampant that from one year to another we have no clue who is going to the SB. At that rate every team (except those with Manning, McNabb and Brady) can say "you might as well suit up ________...because the current QB ________ is not taking us to the super bowl." I guess GB should ditch Favre, Atlanta should get rid of Vick, Minnesoat should throw Culpepper under the bus....those teams aren't getting to the SB.The problem with your argument is that Drew is a known commodity. For example, your using Pitt doesn't work because Big Ben is a rookie, i.e., unknown. Nobody expected it because there was no history with him. With Drew there is tons of history and it isn't good.

As for your flip comment about ditching Vick/Favre/Culpepper, that also doesn't make any sense. Unliike Drew, Favre has a positive history. Vick is the sole reason Atlanta is even competitive. And Culpepper has been lighting it up, and is also young and growing....again, unlike Drew.

There are no guarantees with anything. But when you've seen something not work for as long as we have, you make a change. People who get their hopes up that Drew is suddenly going to be consistent, or win the big games against teams above 500 (especially on the road) after 11 years are just setting themselves up for a letdown.

Bottom line is we know what we have with Drew and we don't with JP. I want to know what the latter can do so that we don't fart around 500 +/- a game for another few years only to have to draft yet another QB and start over.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:02 PM
The problem with your argument is that Drew is a known commodity. For example, your using Pitt doesn't work because Big Ben is a rookie, i.e., unknown. Nobody expected it because there was no history with him. With Drew there is tons of history and it isn't good.

As for your flip comment about ditching Vick/Favre/Culpepper, that also doesn't make any sense. Unliike Drew, Favre has a positive history. Vick is the sole reason Atlanta is even competitive. And Culpepper has been lighting it up, and is also young and growing....again, unlike Drew.

There are no guarantees with anything. But when you've seen something not work for as long as we have, you make a change. People who get their hopes up that Drew is suddenly going to be consistent, or win the big games against teams above 500 (especially on the road) after 11 years are just setting themselves up for a letdown.

Bottom line is we know what we have with Drew and we don't with JP. I want to know what the latter can do so that we don't fart around 500 +/- a game for another few years only to have to draft yet another QB and start over.
the team is winning...you have no clue what JP can do but you want to ditch a winning season to find out? Go check out what happened with the Giants...would you be a fan of theirs if their team was about to make the playoffs and they slit their wrists in favor of Manning (remember, Warner was playing badly even though they were winning)...

btw, I am willing to bet that the combination of Favre, Vick and Culpepper never make the SB again, thus, by your criteria, they should be cut.

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Pray tell who don't they own? (Even Pitt's claim is shaky- NE was without Dillon, Law, Branch and both starting OT's)Drew played very poorly against NE but I'm not sure if he plays lights out we beat them up there. People like to talk about refs, luck etc but 26 out of 27 in the age of salary cap "parity" is hard to grasp. To say we're not as good as NE is hardly a knock on DB or the Bills for that matter. It just means you follow the NFL.

Talent wise Buffalo may be close to where NE was when they won their first SB. That win took equal measures of great team play 1-45, great coaching and the stars being in the right alignment. Could that happen with Buffalo this year? I'm an optimist but I can't see it if we have to play NE. I could be wrong but I can't see even Indy or Pitt beating them up there, especially if they get Law back. The beating we took up there started with the coaches, went to the lines and finished with the skill players.I hear what you and Dozer are saying. The thing is , we play them twice a year. This year , they have owned our team. It's like evertime we face them, chalk up a loss before a snap was even made and a lot of it is BB knows how to exploit Drews tendencies. We need to win w/in our division first before thinking playoffs.

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I hear what you and Dozer are saying. The thing is , we play them twice a year. This year , they have owned our team. It's like evertime we face them, chalk up a loss before a snap was even made and a lot of it is BB knows how to exploit Drews tendencies. We need to win w/in our division first before thinking playoffs.

Owned? The first game was tied 17 all into the 4th quarter and they scored their last TD on a botched 4th down. Sure I would have liked it if he did't cough the ball up, but I say we were far from owned in that game.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
the team is winning...you have no clue what JP can do but you want to ditch a winning season to find out? Go check out what happened with the Giants...would you be a fan of theirs if their team was about to make the playoffs and they slit their wrists in favor of Manning (remember, Warner was playing badly even though they were winning)...

btw, I am willing to bet that the combination of Favre, Vick and Culpepper never make the SB again, thus, by your criteria, they should be cut.Vick and Culpepper have never been to the SB so they can't make it "again". They are both young and growing. So no, they shouldn't be cut by my criteria. As for Favre, I'm willing to bet you'd rather have Favre at the helm than Drew.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Vick and Culpepper have never been to the SB so they can't make it "again". They are both young and growing. So no, they shouldn't be cut by my criteria. As for Favre, I'm willing to bet you'd rather have Favre at the helm than Drew.
Of course I would...but that is not the discussion...you said we know that DB can't do it...will never do it...etc...Favre is not leading GB to the SB either...by your criteria he should be cut.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Vick and Culpepper have never been to the SB so they can't make it "again".

Sorry for the bad typing...let me state it clearer...Culpepper and Vick will never play in a SB and Favre will never play in another.

EDS
12-06-2004, 03:02 PM
You know what is interesting about Vick is that everyone lambasted San Diego for trading the pick that became Vick, but Brees is now the better quarterback. Obviously Vick is the better athlete but he is a piss poor passer.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Of course I would...but that is not the discussion...you said we know that DB can't do it...will never do it...etc...Favre is not leading GB to the SB either...by your criteria he should be cut.You are completely missing the point.

Does Favre have a history of choking in big games? No. Does Drew? Yes.

Does Favre have a losing record against teams over 500? No. Does Drew? Yes.

Does Favre have a playoff QB rating of 58.2, with 6 TDs and 10 INTs in the playoffs? No. Does Drew? Yes.

So no, Favre should not be cut based on my criteria. He has shown he can do it consistently. Drew has proven he can't.

This has gotten way off topic btw...this is about Drew in '05....would like to swing it back that direction if possible.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry for the bad typing...let me state it clearer...Culpepper and Vick will never play in a SB.
That is the most absurd thing I've ever read. What are you basing this on?

TedMock
12-06-2004, 03:08 PM
You know what is interesting about Vick is that everyone lambasted San Diego for trading the pick that became Vick, but Brees is now the better quarterback. Obviously Vick is the better athlete but he is a piss poor passer.

Forget about Brees for a second, they ended up with Tomlinson at that pick, Brees was just an added bonus. I'd love to have a guy like Vick, but I'd take a franchise back like Tomlinson, and an above average QB over Vick. Atlanta's doing well this year partly because of Vick, but their defense is also playing a heck of a lot better.

EDS
12-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Forget about Brees for a second, they ended up with Tomlinson at that pick, Brees was just an added bonus. I'd love to have a guy like Vick, but I'd take a franchise back like Tomlinson, and an above average QB over Vick. Atlanta's doing well this year partly because of Vick, but their defense is also playing a heck of a lot better.

Agreed.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 03:17 PM
That is the most absurd thing I've ever read. What are you basing this on?
the same criteria that you pose...they can't win the big game (check yesterday).

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:26 PM
the same criteria that you pose...they can't win the big game (check yesterday).
Drew: 11 years
Vick: 4 years (really 2.5 due to injury)
Culpepper: 4 years

Not the same critieria. Drew has long since run out of mulligans. Vick and Dante are still young and growing.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:24 PM
:rolleyes:

You really don't help your cause with stupid shots like this.
look at some of your posts..wonder why that question is asked?

Drew: 11 years
Vick: 4 years (really 2.5 due to injury)
Culpepper: 4 years

Not the same critieria. Drew has long since run out of mulligans. Vick and Dante are still young and growing.so a QB can't make it to the Super Bowl in his 11th year and win it? :rofl: Quick..someone tell John Elway!! :roflmao:

helmetguy
12-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Just spitballing here, but how has McNabb done in the NFC title game? Culpepper's playoff record?

Michael Vick looks like the real deal as a passer, too. 33 TD, 24 INT,18 Fumbles lost. Nice.

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Michael Vick looks like the real deal as a passer, too. 33 TD, 24 INT,18 Fumbles lost. Nice.

Vick is a glorified running back.