12-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Offensive points
Miami 29
Buffalo 28

Is that a good sign?

Defense and ST's
Bills 14
Miami 3

Miami had a great game plan and their receivers were making sic catches in the first half. As good as I have seen any receivers make, so I have to give them some credit. But the Bills did get 7 turnovers which is sic in itself. Kudos for the D to get them.

Here's where the post heads south.

Miami had 7 turnovers and I believe the Bills got 14 pt.s off of them, 7 of those Defensively. So while it was a fun game to watch and it was great seeing the Offense not turning the ball over, I still had that sick feeling inside my stomach every time DB held onto the ball way too long and having those happy feet in the pocket.

EDS
12-05-2004, 05:03 PM
I think anytime an offense can score 28 points, regardless of opponent, it is a good thing.

The defense did not have a great day today, but they made plays when they had to. That is something the D did not do early in the season so I see it as a positive.

pyrrhonist
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey, the Ravens make the playoffs with their defense & Special Teams alone, so what's wrong with Buffalo being productive and scoring points due to both? The 28 points are great. The fact that Drew produced 4 passing TDs against a highly-ranked 'Fins defense is even better. :peace:

Mad Bomber
12-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Offensive points
Miami 29
Buffalo 28

Is that a good sign?

Defense and ST's
Bills 14
Miami 3

Miami had a great game plan and their receivers were making sic catches in the first half. As good as I have seen any receivers make, so I have to give them some credit. But the Bills did get 7 turnovers which is sic in itself. Kudos for the D to get them.

Here's where the post heads south.

Miami had 7 turnovers and I believe the Bills got 14 pt.s off of them, 7 of those Defensively. So while it was a fun game to watch and it was great seeing the Offense not turning the ball over, I still had that sick feeling inside my stomach every time DB held onto the ball way too long and having those happy feet in the pocket.

Earlier in the season, we were all moaning and groaning about how we lost because of our mistakes, and total lack of offense.

Point by point:

1. Offensive points....the Bills have scored 28+ in the past 3 weeks. Compare that to the last 20 or so games.

2. Defense and STs....14 points....that is a GOOD thing!!!!!

3. Seven takeaways leading to 14 points. Just the opposite of what we did during the GW years.

4. Drew's happy feet. As far as I'm concerned, he can dance like John Travolta back there, as long as he throws 4TDs and 0 INTs.

Bottom line...Bills 42 Fins 32! :gobills:

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 05:11 PM
I think anytime an offense can score 28 points, regardless of opponent, it is a good thing.

The defense did not have a great day today, but they made plays when they had to. That is something the D did not do early in the season so I see it as a positive.

Except when the other team scores 29. I know what you're saying and there was once again scoring in all three phases of the game :up:. I also remember KC last year. The occasional td is the norm and teams will catch up on it sooner or later. I'm grateful that the D/ST got some points. But that's been heavily counted on, which I feel overshadows the inconsistancy of the Offense.

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey, the Ravens make the playoffs with their defense & Special Teams alone, so what's wrong with Buffalo being productive and scoring points due to both? The 28 points are great. The fact that Drew produced 4 passing TDs against a highly-ranked 'Fins defense is even better. :peace:

I'm not taking anything away from Drew's performance. It seems that there is still work to be done in certain down and distance situations that the Offense still stumbles on. Looking for answers or suggestions that's all :peace:

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Earlier in the season, we were all moaning and groaning about how we lost because of our mistakes, and total lack of offense.

Point by point:

1. Offensive points....the Bills have scored 28+ in the past 3 weeks. Compare that to the last 20 or so games.

2. Defense and STs....14 points....that is a GOOD thing!!!!!

3. Seven takeaways leading to 14 points. Just the opposite of what we did during the GW years.

4. Drew's happy feet. As far as I'm concerned, he can dance like John Travolta back there, as long as he throws 4TDs and 0 INTs.

Bottom line...Bills 42 Fins 32! :gobills:

#4 is really funny.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm sure the coaching staff is looking into that, too. Sure beats how the last staff approached a problem...by ignoring it.

OpIv37
12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Except when the other team scores 29. I know what you're saying and there was once again scoring in all three phases of the game :up:. I also remember KC last year. The occasional td is the norm and teams will catch up on it sooner or later. I'm grateful that the D/ST got some points. But that's been heavily counted on, which I feel overshadows the inconsistancy of the Offense.

The D blew it in the first half but made some great second half adjustments. I'd like to see the D start stronger, but they definitely corrected their mistakes.

it took all three phases of the game to win today, and all three phases did their part. There is definitely room for improvement, but it's hard to criticize a team when they put together such a complete effort and get away with a W.