PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci is reporting

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 04:56 PM
that there is a big buzz amongst the national media that the Bills as an organization believe in Drew. States everyone thinks he will be the starter next year. Just reporting what I heard on the post game show.

cordog
12-05-2004, 04:58 PM
that there is a big buzz amongst the national media that the Bills as an organization believe in Drew. States everyone thinks he will be the starter next year. Just reporting what I heard on the post game show.

Oh no Phil! Do you know what that means? The whole country is a bunch of Bledsoe lovers. Cynical, you better grab your posse and protest!

Michael82
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh no Phil! Do you know what that means? The whole country is a bunch of Bledsoe lovers. Cynical, you better grab your posse and protest!
:roflmao:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 04:59 PM
:rolleyes:

Give it up.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:01 PM
:rofl:

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM

I can't disagree with that at all. I could but it would be just for the sake of arguement. He has to have a complete meltdown for him to be replaced no less not starting. JP is a solid year away and the cohesion of the offense and the system to be fully in place is much more important than throwing in a rookie QB and learn at the same time. Systems build players and I want to know that the system is solid before throwing in a new rookie or 1st. year QB.

finsrclowns
12-05-2004, 05:08 PM

That is a compliment to Drew, but it also says something important about the organization. To say that everyone thinks that DB will be the starter next year means one thing: the organization is still very upbeat about the chances of THE TEAM finishing very strong THIS year. Regardless of your take on the QB situation, as a Bills fan that is good news.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Give it up.
:yap:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:14 PM
:yap:
:crazy:

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:19 PM
It really is truly amazing how quiet the Drew Love Crew was a few weeks ago and now they are all puffed up and beating their chests. :rolleyes:

I wish I had screenshots of the forum during those weeks. Not a peep.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:21 PM
That is a compliment to Drew, but it also says something important about the organization.
I agree with this, but not in the same way. I think is says TD is an egotistical person and is going to keep trying to make his Drew trade work out no matter what. There was a reason he got the boot from Pittsburgh. He does not admit mistakes nor does he bend.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Drew Love Crew :rolleyes: More like knowledgeable Bills fans who follow more than the stat line.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:23 PM
It really is truly amazing how quiet the Drew Love Crew was a few weeks ago and now they are all puffed up and beating their chests. :rolleyes:

I wish I had screenshots of the forum during those weeks. Not a peep.

When Drew plays like crap, i will be the first to admit it. Yeah against New England HE SUCKED ASS. Baltimore HE SUCKED ASS.

But there is no Drew Love Crew, its Bills fans that want the team to win, wether its #11 behind center or #7 or whatever number.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:25 PM
When Drew plays like crap, i will be the first to admit it. Yeah against New England HE SUCKED ASS. Baltimore HE SUCKED ASS.

But there is no Drew Love Crew, its Bills fans that want the team to win, wether its #11 behind center or #7 or whatever number.
c'mon...don't confuse people with facts, man :shakeno:

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:25 PM
:crazy:
:confused:

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:26 PM
c'mon...don't confuse people with facts, man :shakeno:

oh your right Phil. I apologize. here

DREW SUCKS!! Bring in an inexperienced rookie while we are hot!!!

hows that?

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
oh your right Phil. I apologize. here

DREW SUCKS!! Bring in an inexperienced rookie while we are hot!!!

hows that?
much better :up:

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I agree with this, but not in the same way. I think is says TD is an egotistical person and is going to keep trying to make his Drew trade work out no matter what. There was a reason he got the boot from Pittsburgh. He does not admit mistakes nor does he bend.

What about drafting Clements, Henry, Schobel, Jennings, M. Williams, J. Bannan, W. McGahee, C. Kelsay, T. McGee, Thomas,Evans, signing L. Fletcher, TKO, Posey, Villarial, Shelton, Adams, Milloy

ScottLawrence
12-05-2004, 05:31 PM
I don't know what to think of bringing Drew back or releasing him.

He has to show me something in the game against Cincinnati in two weeks in what could be playoff implications for us.

If he has a good game then and, we win, I will have no objections to having an open competition for the starting job in training camp with Losman.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
There was a reason he got the boot from Pittsburgh. He does not admit mistakes nor does he bend.It was called a power struggle with Cowher and Rooney liked Cowher better..figured it'd be harder to start over with a new coaching staff than it would be to just give Cowher more power and give someone else in the front office some extra authority...but don't confuse yourself with the facts

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:33 PM
There is a DLC... Despite hiding behind a "true Bills fans" cloak, it exists.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 05:34 PM
They aren't all going to the Pro Bowl. Not only that, we DIDN'T sign Warner, or Brunell; didn't hire Coughlin or lure Hazlett away from NO. Let's not forget, we're too cheap to sign any media darling FA's. So, yeah, TD's ego has ruined us for years to come.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Find one person that hasn't been driven off by the haters who hasn't called out Drew for screw ups..I won't hold my breath waiting because this will happen first
http://wwwpp.uwrf.edu/~w1083002/hell-freezes.jpg

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:36 PM
There is a DLC... Despite hiding behind a "true Bills fans" cloak, it exists.

Oh yeah your right, I wasnt a bills fan before drew, so when he leaves ill root for whoever he goes to. Go Drew, screw the bills!! Come on, get a grip. :rolleyes:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah your right, I wasnt a bills fan before drew, so when he leaves ill root for whoever he goes to. Go Drew, screw the bills!! Come on, get a grip. :rolleyes:

you're

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
guess that was just a twin of yours coming to the games in 96 with me, huh man? :;

DaBills
12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
When Drew can beat NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, in short, any really good team, on a regular basis, then he deserves to be the man unchallenged and without question.

Has he done it to this point?

(Sound of crickets chirping, tumbleweed blowing in the wind).

Funny, I've been a longtime fan of the team, regardless of the QB. I sure do hear this an awful lot: "I support the team and just want them to win, no matter who's the QB." So do I.

But at some point you have to wake up and realize that 'no matter who's at QB' is hurting, not helping your team.

A lack of options isn't the same thing as the best option. We have no one else, so we're stuck with Drew.

"What about drafting Clements, Henry, Schobel, Jennings, M. Williams, J. Bannan, W. McGahee, C. Kelsay, T. McGee, Thomas,Evans, signing L. Fletcher, TKO, Posey, Villarial, Shelton, Adams, Milloy"

Don't discount Ralph's power in these picks either. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
guess that was just a twin of yours coming to the games in 96 with me, huh man? :;

Yeah i guess that was also my twin in Bosnia sitting in the chowhall till 2 in the morning watching bills games. That must have also been my twin over in Korea waking up at 3 in the morning to watch bills games, then going to work at 6. Man my twin is one hell of a bills fan.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Who said you weren't a Bills fan? Glad to see you going on and on to read your own posts. I believe all members of the DLC are Bills fans! ;)

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah i guess that was also my twin in Bosnia sitting in the chowhall till 2 in the morning watching bills games. That must have also been my twin over in Korea waking up at 3 in the morning to watch bills games, then going to work at 6. Man my twin is one hell of a bills fan.
No doubt....any chance you can get him to come to a game in your place sometime? No offense, but I like the sounds of this guy :laughter:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
When Drew can beat NE, Pittsburgh, Indy, in short, any really good team, on a regular basis, then he deserves to be the man unchallenged and without question.

Funny, I've been a longtime fan of the team, regardless of the QB. I sure do hear this an awful lot: "I support the team and just want them to win, no matter who's the QB." So do I.

But at some point you have to wake up and realize that 'no matter who's at QB' is hurting, not helping your team.

A lack of options isn't the same thing as the best option. We have no one else, so we're stuck with Drew.

"What about drafting Clements, Henry, Schobel, Jennings, M. Williams, J. Bannan, W. McGahee, C. Kelsay, T. McGee, Thomas,Evans, signing L. Fletcher, TKO, Posey, Villarial, Shelton, Adams, Milloy"

Don't discount Ralph's power in these picks either. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a say.

You hater! You can't be a Bills fan if you don't unconditionally drink the Kool-Aid! Just ask these guys who walked uphill in the snow both ways to see the Bills play for 96 years!

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Who said you weren't a Bills fan? Glad to see you going on and on to read your own posts. I believe all members of the DLC are Bills fans! ;)

what the hell are you talking about?

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:51 PM
what the hell are you talking about?
That's what I've been asking myself every time I read your posts!

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 05:51 PM
What about drafting Clements, Henry, Schobel, Jennings, M. Williams, J. Bannan, W. McGahee, C. Kelsay, T. McGee, Thomas,Evans, signing L. Fletcher, TKO, Posey, Villarial, Shelton, Adams, Milloy
Bottom line: 23-37 in 4 years. In the end, that's how you judge how effective his moves are/were.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM

He beat NY this year. A 9-3 team. I guess we will see what he can do against Pittsburgh January 2. I dont throwing 4tds and leading this offense to a surge in scoring hurts this team. That may just be me but i dont see the QB position as a weakness right now.
Ralph is not that kind of an owner, he lets the football people do their jobs.

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM
I'll love anybody who pilots this team through a 6-2 stretch- even though I wanted to strangle them a few times.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
He's making sense...I'm still waiting for your answer to my challenge http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=839712&postcount=23
Anyone you find will be members of this Drew Love Crew that you and your cronies are crwoing about existing

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Bottom line: 23-37 in 4 years. In the end, that's how you judge how effective his moves are/were.

so you dont think the bills are building on something right now? You dont think the bills are going to be a good team next year directly because of TDs moves? I can think of quite a few teams that would love to be in the bills position with McGahee, Evans, Kelsay, JP, McGee, Williams, etc, etc.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll love anybody who pilots this team through a 6-2 stretch- even though I wanted to strangle them a few times.
Well said!

We'll just forget 8-8 and 6-10 ever happened.

6-2 = GOD FOREVER. :bow:

Mr. Cynical

Can you show me a post from a few weeks ago where you said this? It's easy to say that now that he has had a good game, but there was a complete lack of any Drew posts by drew supporters for awhile.

cordog
no really dude, what the hell were you talking about?

Iehoshua
so you dont think the bills are building on something right now? You dont think the bills are going to be a good team next year directly because of TDs moves? I can think of quite a few teams that would love to be in the bills position with McGahee, Evans, Kelsay, JP, McGee, Williams, etc, etc.

How long does it take to build in today's NFL? :confused:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:56 PM
never mind the fact that the first year was with a cap-depleted roster due to overpayment of players by Butler...but that's all right...continue to live in your own little world where the cap doesn't mean anything in football

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 05:56 PM
It's just amazing that the level of animosity brewing with success.

Flutie /RJ all over again.

I'm just going to root for the team ........

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
never mind the fact that the first year was with a cap-depleted roster due to overpayment of players by Butler...but that's all right...continue to live in your own little world where the cap doesn't mean anything in football

so ok, forget 3-13

8-8 and 6-10 = successful seasons. Ok, if that is your belief, I respect that.

To me, this does not equal success. I will agree to disagree.

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Can you show me a post from a few weeks ago where you said this? It's easy to say that now that he has had a good game, but there was a complete lack of any Drew posts by drew supporters for awhile.

Im sure i could, but if you wanna find it be my guest

cordog
12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
How long does it take to build in today's NFL? :confused:

Do you think the bills will be a good team next year? yes or no.

Ask Browns fans that question.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
It's just amazing that the level of animosity brewing with success.

Flutie /RJ all over again.

I'm just going to root for the team ........

I think we'd be 44-0 if we'd have kept Flutie!

:roflmao: :crazy:

:jk:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Do you think the bills will be a good team next year? yes or no.

Ask Browns fans that question.

I don't root for the Browns, nor do I care what their pathetic team does.

Yes I think the Bills will be a good team, I think this every year. Ask anyone who knows me. I predicted 11-5 WITH Drew!

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
so ok, forget 3-13

8-8 and 6-10 = successful seasons. Ok, if that is your belief, I respect that.

To me, this does not equal success. I will agree to disagree.
never said it was successful....Williams and Gilbride were idiots and screwed a lot up

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:01 PM
I don't root for the Browns, nor do I care what their pathetic team does.

Yes I think the Bills will be a good team, I think this every year. Ask anyone who knows me. I predicted 11-5 WITH Drew!

I hate the browns too, but its taken them 5 years with an expansion team and they are still horrible.

Dozerdog
Guys are actually getting upset over someone having some decent games...unbeleivable.

I'm confident TD did his job getting us our QB of the future. I'm also willing to accept waiting for him if it means the team is winning now.

If JP was healthy after the 1-5 start, then sure- put him in. Unfortunately, he was set back because of the injury. He's no where near ready.

With Baltimore losing, Denver failing, we have a real shot at getting in. Jacksonville squeeked out some nice wins early, but they havent dominated anyone and are vulnerable.

Would you toss this season's shot to get JP in there? Let's ride this one out and enjoy for a while.

Iehoshua
never said it was successful....Williams and Gilbride were idiots and screwed a lot up

Oh so Donahoe has no accountability.... Okay. If that's your perspective I respect it.

I, however, do not agree. Tom chose the staff. If it was a screwup, he is ultimately responsible, IMO.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:02 PM
I hate the browns too, but its taken them 5 years with an expansion team and they are still horrible.

I have higher standards for the Bills, who are no means an expansion team.

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:03 PM

BTW this thread is about Vic Carrucci, not me, please stick to the topic of the thread.

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:04 PM
I have higher standards for the Bills, who are no means an expansion team.

same here and i believe this team will be good next year.

Would you consider a 10-6 record a success?

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW this thread is about Vic Carrucci, not me, please stick to the topic of the thread.
Sig Heil, Thread Nazi!

:salute:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
same here and i believe this team will be good next year.

Would you consider a 10-6 record a success?

That's a loaded question.

If we are 10-6 and miss the playoffs, I see it as somewhat positive but not successful. If we make the playoffs then absolutely.

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Sig Heil, Thread Nazi!

:salute:

check out the other thread about Bledsoe in '05 and youll understand why im saying that to Cynical

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:07 PM
How long does it take to build in today's NFL? :confused:Here's a few examples of what *can* happen in a four year span or less if done right:

John Fox took a 1-15 team to the Super Bowl in his second year.
Tony Dungy took a 6-10 team to the AFC Championsip in his second year.
Dick Vermeil took a 6-10 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Andy Reid took a 3-13 team to the divisional playoffs in his second year, and the NFC Championship in his third year.
Jim Fassel took a 6-10 team to the Super Bowl in his fourth year.
Jimmy Johnson took a 3-13 team to 11-5 in his third year, and to the Super Bowl in his fourth year.
Mike Shanahan took a 7-9 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Bobby Ross took a 4-12 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Bill Parcells took a 1-15 team to 9-7 his first year, then to the divisional playoffs in his second year at 12-4.
So it *can* be done if you have the right coach and GM. And since the GM is responsible for the coaches and the players, he is ultimately given the credit or the blame for these examples.

The_Philster
Oh so Donahoe has no accountability.... Okay. If that's your perspective I respect it.

I, however, do not agree. Tom chose the staff. If it was a screwup, he is ultimately responsible, IMO.didn't say that either...but if you want to continue to put words in the mouths of others to make yourself feel better more power to you :up: I personally find that to be a way to show that you've lost an argument but I can understand your reasons.....you're afraid to take me up on my earlier challenge :shake:

Iehoshua
check out the other thread about Bledsoe in '05 and youll understand why im saying that to Cynical

Just a joke... Check out nyyfans.com if you want to see REAL Thread Nazis!

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:08 PM
didn't say that either...but if you want to continue to put words in the mouths of others to make yourself feel better more power to you :up: I personally find that to be a way to show that you've lost an argument but I can understand your reasons.....you're afraid to take me up on my earlier challenge :shake:
What challenge? :confused:

*edit*

Ok went back and saw...

Who exactly has been "driven off by haters?"

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:08 PM

I, however, do not agree. Tom chose the staff. If it was a screwup, he is ultimately responsible, IMO.
:bf1:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
:rofl: I've posed it twice to you today...just in the last half hour

cordog
Here's a few examples of what *can* happen in a four year span or less if done right:

John Fox took a 1-15 team to the Super Bowl in his second year.
Tony Dungy took a 6-10 team to the AFC Championsip in his second year.
Dick Vermeil took a 6-10 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Andy Reid took a 3-13 team to the divisional playoffs in his second year, and the NFC Championship in his third year.
Jim Fassel took a 6-10 team to the Super Bowl in his fourth year.
Jimmy Johnson took a 3-13 team to 11-5 in his third year, and to the Super Bowl in his fourth year.
Mike Shanahan took a 7-9 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Bobby Ross took a 4-12 team to the Super Bowl in his third year.
Bill Parcells took a 1-15 team to 9-7 his first year, then to the divisional playoffs in his second year at 12-4.
So it *can* be done if you have the right coach and GM. And since the GM is responsible for the coaches and the players, he is ultimately given the credit or the blame for these examples.
All your examples are of coaches, not GMs. Show me some stats of how long the GMs were there then i will talk with you.

Mr. Cynical
I don't know as I have had him on ignore for a few weeks now.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:10 PM
All your examples are of coaches, not GMs. Show me some stats of how long the GMs were there then i will talk with you.
Who hires the coaches? Who drafts the players? Who is ultimately responsible for the team's success?

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:10 PM
yep he has...he can't handle being called out for ridiculous posts

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM

I'd prefer to get different perspectives even if I strongly disagree...

as far as this "challenge"

Can you tell me who has been "driven off" by these phantom "haters"?

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Who hires the coaches? Who drafts the players? Who is ultimately responsible for the team's success?

Tell me how long the GMs were there, and how many coaches they had went through before their success. Just because they got it right, doesnt mean they got it right the first time around.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM

as far as this "challenge"

Can you tell me who has been "driven off" by these phantom "haters"?
SaviorBledsoe for one. I know Wys drove off a few in his day as well

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Tell me how long the GMs were there, and how many coaches they had went through before their success. Just because they got it right, doesnt mean they got it right the first time around.
:cry: That was beautiful :10:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:17 PM
BTW...the countdown for cordog being put on ignore by Mr. Cynical is at 10....9.....8.......7......6......5.......4.....

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:18 PM

In his case it wasn't about different perspectives. As long as they are intelligent and thought provoking, I welcome them as well. But with him it got personal and I have no desire to waste my time on things like that, so I put him on ignore.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:19 PM
SaviorBledsoe for one. I know Wys drove off a few in his day as well

How can you say he was driven off? Where is the proof?

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:20 PM
denial ain't just a river in Egypt, guys :spit:

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Guys are actually getting upset over someone having some decent games...unbeleivable.

I don't think thats what people are upset about.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:22 PM
denial ain't just a river in Egypt, guys :spit:
SaviorBledsoe who changed to Dr. Optimist, SB was BANNED

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?userid=3962

Get the facts straight, Phil.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm waiting to hear about this extensive list of members "driven away" by us evil "Drew haters"...

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
How can you say he was driven off? Where is the proof?

anyone that was driven off is just a puss. If they can't tolerate differing opinions let them leave

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
SaviorBledsoe who changed to Dr. Optimist, SB was BANNED

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?userid=3962

Get the facts straight, Phil.
yeah..I remember why too... :;

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
anyone that was driven off is just a puss. If they can't tolerate differing opinions let them leave
Yeah but I can't even debate his point if it's not factual. The only person he could name was BANNED not driven off...

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Care to enlighten? Do you support banned members?

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
differing opinions is one thing but people around here need to stick to the facts and leave the personal stuff out of it. Because someone isn't blaming everything on the QB he blames nothing on the QB? Give me a break. SaviorBledsoe called out Drew at times as well...everyone has. But if he doesn't have a stellar game he has an awful game in the eyes of some from the looks of it. I put up my title so that maybe people would follow that rule...some definitely haven't

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM

Why? It's about time he was banned. He had to personally attack anyone who did not share his opinion

The_Philster
Care to enlighten? Do you support banned members?
no...never said I did...keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you feel better though :up: As far as why, that's better off left off the boards

Iehoshua
Ok so don't tell.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Why? It's about time he was banned. He had to personally attack anyone who did not share his opinion
:rofl: He attacked a select few as I recall

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Broncos just lost!!!!!

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
no...never said I did...keep putting words in my mouth if it makes you feel better though :up: As far as why, that's better off left off the boards

I never put words in your mouth, I asked a question. If you think asking a question is putting words in your mouth, you are mistaken.

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
. SaviorBledsoe called out Drew at times as well...everyone has.

Are you sticking up for that jerk? How many times was he warned to stop personally attacking people. He even threatend to beat me up if he ever saw me at a game. He sure is a big loss for the zone :rolleyes:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Are you sticking up for that jerk? How many times was he warned to stop personally attacking people. He even threatend to beat me up if he ever saw me at a game. He sure is a big loss for the zone :rolleyes:
Birds of a feather....

DaBills
12-05-2004, 06:34 PM
"He beat NY this year. A 9-3 team. I guess we will see what he can do against Pittsburgh January 2. I dont throwing 4tds and leading this offense to a surge in scoring hurts this team. That may just be me but i dont see the QB position as a weakness right now."

Agreed. I don't think it's a weakness now either if DB can throw 4 TD's a week from here out, and the D can hold teams to 3 scores and less. But I hold my breath with Drew because you just don't know what you get each week agisnt the better teams. THAT's the big problem, Looks great two weeks, we think it's going great, then BAM.

Hey I'm a Bills fan no matter what, I have no choice. I'm watching for over 35 years now and have suffered a LOT. Dozer has it right, the guy has us through a 6-2 streak, that ain't bad, and I'll take it. But I never feel the confidence with Drew I felt when Kelly was in there and we dominated teams at will.

"Ralph is not that kind of an owner, he lets the football people do their jobs."

I'm really not so sure of that. He himself said he went after Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and was soley responsible for getting them. Can't believe he's walked away from the draft each year, let alone wanting Drew.

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Broncos just lost!!!!!
:dance:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Are you sticking up for that jerk? How many times was he warned to stop personally attacking people. He even threatend to beat me up if he ever saw me at a game. He sure is a big loss for the zone :rolleyes:Where am I sticking up for him? :huh: I just remember how the whole thing started out is all. It got bad and he handled it wrong :down:

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Where am I sticking up for him? :huh: I just remember how the whole thing started out is all. It got bad and he handled it wrong :down:

You just got done saying evil Drew haters drove off SaviorBledoe, if that's not sticking up for him, I don't know what is...

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:39 PM
I never put words in your mouth, I asked a question. If you think asking a question is putting words in your mouth, you are mistaken.
you asked a ridiculous question...SaviorBledsoe was attacked, he attacked back more viciously and was handled accordingly...not defending his actions in the least. But I do defend that he was being honest for a while...calling out Drew when he screwed up and praised him, albeit more than necessary, when he did well

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:39 PM
But I do defend
..so you stick up for him. Okay that issue is resolved.

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Where am I sticking up for him? :huh: I just remember how the whole thing started out is all. It got bad and he handled it wrong :down:

I just asked if you were. I did not say you were.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 06:41 PM

cordog
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM

why the hell do you care so much?

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
why the hell do you care so much?
FTG asked, I couldn't care less.

FTG
12-05-2004, 06:43 PM
I did not even know Doc Opt was permanantly banned. This day just got even better :D

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 06:46 PM
I did not even know Doc Opt was permanantly banned. This day just got even better :D

:cheers:

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Tell me how long the GMs were there, and how many coaches they had went through before their success. Just because they got it right, doesnt mean they got it right the first time around.Jerry Jones, Dallas: 1989. JJ was the first coach he hired. Went to and won the SB in his 4th year.

Bill Polian, Indy: 1997. Hired Mora and went to the playoffs in the 2nd and 3rd years of his tenure. In his 4th year they went 6-10, so he fired Mora, got Dungy and went to the playoffs in the following year.

Dick Vermeil, Rams: 1997. He was hired as coach and GM. Won the SB in his 3rd year.

Andy Reid, Eagles, 2001. He was made Exec VP of Football ops in 2001, which is the GM in that organization. Made the NFC Championship 2 years in a row after that and looks to be going for the 4th year in a row.

Ernie Accoursi, Giants, 1998. Team went to the SB in 2000.

Bobby Beathard, Chargers, 1990. Went to divisional playoffs in his 2nd year, the SB in his 4th.

Don't know about the Broncos, couldn't find it. I think Parcells was named head of football ops in 1997 when he came on board but I don't have the link.

Still think TD is doing a good job?

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Mr. Cyn = Just the Facts, Baby!

ScottLawrence
12-05-2004, 07:07 PM
I got an idea....How about we wait until the end of the season to see how this team finished before we talk about this.

It makes more sense.....Drew's future will be really tested in two weeks when we go into Cincinnati into a hostile enviorment, lets see how he responds to a pretty descent Cincinnati team.

The past 3 games hes played some pretty bad to ok teams.(Don't let Seattles record fool you.)....I would like to see him beat a good team on the road at least ONE time before I can be quick to say, BRING HIM BACK!

Personally, I think he is going to have a terrible game against the Bengals like he always does in crucial games(Hostile Enviorments) and that will end the discussion about bringing him back next year.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, now that we've gotten to the TD portion of the program...

Would you have fired GW after his second season, after the team's record improved by FIVE games?

Would you have replaced GW at the break last season, after a 4-4 start?

Should MM have been canned after the 0-4 start?

EVERYONE in the organization is accountable to some extent. Watching this team grow under MM and company is surely much better than watching them regress under GW, don't ya think? If you want immediate results, stick to Microwave Minute Rice.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Well, now that we've gotten to the TD portion of the program...

Would you have fired GW after his second season, after the team's record improved by FIVE games?

Would you have replaced GW at the break last season, after a 4-4 start?

Should MM have been canned after the 0-4 start?

EVERYONE in the organization is accountable to some extent. Watching this team grow under MM and company is surely much better than watching them regress under GW, don't ya think? If you want immediate results, stick to Microwave Minute Rice.First, I wouldn't have hired GW.

Second, yes I would have canned him mid-season last year.

Third, MM is yet another rookie head coach hire by TD, but we'll see how we end up.

Fourth, I don't understand your point about watching them regress under GW. Everyone knows he was a terrible HC and was glad he got fired (finally).

Finally, I have given specific examples of GMs that have had success in 4 years. If you want results in a decade or two, stick to watching the polar ice caps melting.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Mr. Cyn = Just the Facts, Baby!:D I doubt I'll see a repsonse though now that they can't hide behind the "GM is not the coach" excuse.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
First, I wouldn't have hired GW..hindsight=20/20

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 07:44 PM
What did you miss? In GW's 2nd year, the team went from 3-13 to 8-8. Then from 8-8 to 6-10. When last I checked, that's a regression. MM can't undo all of GW's losses in a single season, even if we give GW a pass for his rookie season and the sal-cap problems. You seem to be hung up on numbers, so I'm sure you'll do the math. Enjoy the Minute Rice.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 07:51 PM
What did you miss? In GW's 2nd year, the team went from 3-13 to 8-8. Then from 8-8 to 6-10. When last I checked, that's a regression. MM can't undo all of GW's losses in a single season, even if we give GW a pass for his rookie season and the sal-cap problems. You seem to be hung up on numbers, so I'm sure you'll do the math. Enjoy the Minute Rice.
You said "Watching this team grow under MM and company is surely much better than watching them regress under GW". Anything is better than watching the team under GW so I don't see the value of stating the obvious. This isn't about MM, this is about TD and the 23-37 record he has compiled, compared to some other GMs who have gone to the playoffs and SBs in the same amount of time (or less).

Oh, and I think the antarctic ice cap just melted 0.00000000001 inches just now. Hope you enjoyed that progress.

Jayhawk
12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
I can't disagree with that at all. I could but it would be just for the sake of arguement. He has to have a complete meltdown for him to be replaced no less not starting. JP is a solid year away and the cohesion of the offense and the system to be fully in place is much more important than throwing in a rookie QB and learn at the same time. Systems build players and I want to know that the system is solid before throwing in a new rookie or 1st. year QB.
AGREED

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
:scratch: I wonder how many of these great GMs had to start their tenures with their teams by cleaning up a salary cap mess like Donahoe did :scratch:

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 08:01 PM
No, it's about TD doing what had to be done. GW was the coach, hired to take a roster and get them ready to play and win. He didn't and got canned. He bought himself time by going 8-8 in '02. They regressed in '03, thus "See ya Gregg." This year, we started slow, but were in most every game. Those close losses are now becoming wins. (How often did we come from behind under GW?). I'll take 9-7, 10-6 from a rookie HC any day. That what the Bills are working toward NOW. Talk to me in two years, when MM has as many games at the helm that GW had.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 08:07 PM
No, it's about TD doing what had to be done. GW was the coach, hired to take a roster and get them ready to play and win. He didn't and got canned. He bought himself time by going 8-8 in '02. They regressed in '03, thus "See ya Gregg." This year, we started slow, but were in most every game. Those close losses are now becoming wins. (How often did we come from behind under GW?). I'll take 9-7, 10-6 from a rookie HC any day. That what the Bills are working toward NOW. Talk to me in two years, when MM has as many games at the helm that GW had.
They were already regressing mid '02, so at the end of that season a change should have been in the mix. Gilbride should never have been kept either. Same with Drew and his monstrous contract which hurt our ability to sign other players. Domino effect that has us to where we are today at 23-37. MM and a few other draftees, e.g., WM, may turn out to be very good ones, but I'm not one to give 4th or 5th chances to people. IMO, TD burned his chances and it's a day late and a dollar short now.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 08:20 PM
For all your criticisms of TD, you have yet to give a definitive counter proposal. Given from what i've seen on these boards we're a whole lot better off now than we would have been had TD or Mr. Wilson let the fans make the calls. From what I've seen of your ideas in particular, we'd be hitting the reset button between TV timeouts.

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM
From what I've seen of your ideas in particular, we'd be hitting the reset button between TV timeouts.:roflmao:

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 08:39 PM
For all your criticisms of TD, you have yet to give a definitive counter proposal. Give me a list of potential, available GM candidates next year and I'll tell you which one I would hire. I've done enough fact finding for one day. Your turn.

From what I've seen of your ideas in particular, we'd be hitting the reset button between TV timeouts.Well, from what I've seen from your ideas we'd be "progressing" over a 20 year span before getting back to the SB. I'm not willing to wait that long, sorry.

helmetguy
12-05-2004, 08:42 PM
"I met a man Bojangles and he danced a bit, in worn out shoes..."

Canadian'eh!
12-05-2004, 08:44 PM
In his case it wasn't about different perspectives. As long as they are intelligent and thought provoking, I welcome them as well. But with him it got personal and I have no desire to waste my time on things like that, so I put him on ignore.

That has GOT ot be the longest ignore list ever.... i mean he must only see 4 new posts per day or something.. all his.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 08:50 PM
"I met a man Bojangles and he danced a bit, in worn out shoes..."I guess you are looking in the mirror. :D

Canadian'eh!
12-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Jerry Jones, Dallas: 1989. JJ was the first coach he hired. Went to and won the SB in his 4th year.

Bill Polian, Indy: 1997. Hired Mora and went to the playoffs in the 2nd and 3rd years of his tenure. In his 4th year they went 6-10, so he fired Mora, got Dungy and went to the playoffs in the following year.

Dick Vermeil, Rams: 1997. He was hired as coach and GM. Won the SB in his 3rd year.

Andy Reid, Eagles, 2001. He was made Exec VP of Football ops in 2001, which is the GM in that organization. Made the NFC Championship 2 years in a row after that and looks to be going for the 4th year in a row.

Ernie Accoursi, Giants, 1998. Team went to the SB in 2000.

Bobby Beathard, Chargers, 1990. Went to divisional playoffs in his 2nd year, the SB in his 4th.

Don't know about the Broncos, couldn't find it. I think Parcells was named head of football ops in 1997 when he came on board but I don't have the link.

Still think TD is doing a good job?

This is completely inaccurate... you spew out a bunch of stats that support you stance as if this is the NORM as opposed to just the scenrios that work for you...... how about all the times it wtook a few years or the 1st HC was the PERFECT fit? where are you counter stats to back up how if you DON"T hire the perfect coach right away or win it with a certain GM in the first4 years that you CAN"T.

you must be reading books by your republican buddies... this is called spin.

cordog
12-05-2004, 11:02 PM
This is completely inaccurate... you spew out a bunch of stats that support you stance as if this is the NORM as opposed to just the scenrios that work for you...... how about all the times it wtook a few years or the 1st HC was the PERFECT fit? where are you counter stats to back up how if you DON"T hire the perfect coach right away or win it with a certain GM in the first4 years that you CAN"T.

:clap:

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 11:09 PM

you must be reading books by your republican buddies... this is called spin.
7-8 success stories over the past decade...nice....how many job openings were there in that time span? 60? 80?

No mention of Steve Spurrier, Davis, or the other long list of duds.

Stop trying. He's not going to be happy short of canning the GM and QB- no matter how much they win.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
7-8 success stories over the past decade...nice....how many job openings were there in that time span? 60? 80?

No mention of Steve Spurrier, Davis, or the other long list of duds.

Stop trying. He's not going to be happy short of canning the GM and QB- no matter how much they win.So using your logic....why try to make the playoffs? How many teams have started 0-4 and made it? 7-8? How many times have 0-4 teams not made it? 60? 80?

Like getting a good GM, it's a longshot and hard to do, but that doesn't mean you don't stop trying to get one. Unlike you I am not satisfied with 23-37 record and want to be in the playoffs more than 2 times in 8 years.

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I am not going to judge this team on what happened in 2001 or 2002, or 2003.

They are winning now. They are headed in the right direction. They are pretty much cap solvent over the long haul. I really don't care about the overall record.

They are getting better each week. It would be stupid to derail this momentum now.

Canadian'eh!
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM

They are winning now. They are headed in the right direction. They are pretty much cap solvent over the long haul. I really don't care about the overall record.

They are getting better each week. It would be stupid to derail this momentum now.
what is this? LOGIC??? there's no room for that kind of talk in this thread buddy! take it outside!

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Well, I judge TD on more than a few wins late in the season. That would be like saying I'd fire him if we had 3 winning seasons and then lost 5 in a row.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "derail this momentum now". Are you talking about putting JP in?

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Replacing the GM, replacing the QB or the season- basically- making you happy

LarryBoy
12-05-2004, 11:46 PM

Theres a point were a team turns a corner and starts to head to the promised lands....Im willing to think, the way we are playing that we have. The whole 23-and whatever you keep spewing is a great stat, but if you wanna go further the Bills NFL record is 260-283-2, so hell, its not working, lets disolve this team and start over in another town, with all new everything and hope for better results.

We won today, were 6-2 in our last 8, cant everyone be happy and not complain for a day at least?

Sorry...rant over...

Canadian'eh!
12-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Well, I judge TD on more than a few wins late in the season. That would be like saying I'd fire him if we had 3 winning seasons and then lost 5 in a row.

Someone wo isn't in the 99% ignore list as Cynical what EXACTLY he wants done differently???

would he fire the current coaches? force MM to switch QB's?

i mean what GLARING change does he want made?

Canadian'eh!
12-05-2004, 11:49 PM

Theres a point were a team turns a corner and starts to head to the promised lands....Im willing to think, the way we are playing that we have. The whole 23-and whatever you keep spewing is a great stat, but if you wanna go further the Bills NFL record is 260-283-2, so hell, its not working, lets disolve this team and start over in another town, with all new everything and hope for better results.

We won today, were 6-2 in our last 8, cant everyone be happy and not complain for a day at least?

Sorry...rant over...

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Replacing the GM, replacing the QB or the season- basically- making you happyWell, I'm not sure how you "replace the season"....need to elaborate on that one a bit more...but as to TD and Drew, if you've been happy with no post season in 4 years, more power to you. You would get along well with Cardinal fans.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Theres a point were a team turns a corner and starts to head to the promised lands....
You mean like in '02 when we were 5-3 and ended up 8-8? Sure seemed like we turned the corner from a 3-13 record from the previous year, only to go 6-10 the following year.

Tatonka
12-06-2004, 12:11 AM
i started to read this thread and then i realized that after the first half page, this thread is just designed to call out the people who realize bledsoe is not the future of the buffalo bills, because the guy had a good game and the team as a whole is playing well.

i truely hope we make the playoffs.. but i can tell you now.. there are going to be some heavily disappointed drew lovers when they see how drew actually performs in the playoff.. in all his playoff games.. he has only had more TDs than Turnovers TWICE.. wow..

drews play will be the tird in the punch bowl if he has to go to new england.

Drewpac
12-06-2004, 12:12 AM
You mean like in '02 when we were 5-3 and ended up 8-8? Sure seemed like we turned the corner from a 3-13 record from the previous year, only to go 6-10 the following year.

I hear what you're saying but this feels a little different though. I think the only thing holding us back from taking it to the next level is the play of our QBs. I'm much more confident in the coaching staff now than I ever was during the GW era.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:16 AM
i started to read this thread and then i realized that after the first half page, this thread is just designed to call out the people who realize bledsoe is not the future of the buffalo bills, because the guy had a good game and the team as a whole is playing well.

i truely hope we make the playoffs.. but i can tell you now.. there are going to be some heavily disappointed drew lovers when they see how drew actually performs in the playoff.. in all his playoff games.. he has only had more TDs than Turnovers TWICE.. wow..

drews play will be the tird in the punch bowl if he has to go to new england.Just to add a little meat to your post. :;

Bledsoe's career playoff numbers:

129-for-252 (51.2%), 1,335 Yds (5.3 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 10 Int, 58.2 QB Rating.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:23 AM
I hear what you're saying but this feels a little different though. I think the only thing holding us back from taking it to the next level is the play of our QBs. I'm much more confident in the coaching staff now than I ever was during the GW era.I actually agree with you...to a point. The reason I say to a point is that we're winning some games at the moment and that heals alot of wounds. But if we start tanking again, that feeling will be just as sour (for me) as it was with GW. I'll need a string of consistent wins against teams over 500 before I truly believe we've turned the corner.

My expectations were 6-10 before the season started and although we're 6-6, that prediction is still possible. But I do like what I'm seeing from WM...I think he is the real deal and I was always posting to start him over TH (you can look up my posts...) Jury still out for me on Evans....yes he had a good game but it's only one game. But JP is the key to this whole thing. If he is the real deal then the Bills truly have something to build on. If he is a bust, we're starting over again in 3 years. That's why I'm so adamant about getting him experience as soon as possible...to see if he is a Big Ben or a Ryan Leaf.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 12:28 AM
can't you guys take any joy in anything?

so now you're saying that even if we pull a miracle and make the playoffs it doesn't matter because there is no chance we (or Drew) can win in the playoffs.

How are sports even the remotely fun thinking that way... they could bring Rob Johnosn back for a 1 game playoff special and i'd probably be sitting here trying to convince myself Rob Johnson has 1 good game in him.

You guys just assume we can't win and then you just sit back and wait for us to lose so you can say how right you were.

how is that remotely fun? do you understand what being a "fan" is all about?

to me it's making the thing that seems impossible possible and keeping your hopes up until there is no hope left.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 05:05 AM
what is this? LOGIC??? there's no room for that kind of talk in this thread buddy! take it outside!

Bzzzz....wrong...but thanks for playing. It's designed to show that if you can't get behind Drew the rest of the season, or as long as we're in the playoff hunt, you're not realy behind the Bills

Michael82
12-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Would you toss this season's shot to get JP in there? Let's ride this one out and enjoy for a while.

Tom Coughlin did! and he's the genius coach that everybody wanted. :snicker:

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:10 AM

drews play will be the tird in the punch bowl if he has to go to new england.

Nice conspiracy theory but no. Its not about one game. Its about wanting this team to win. If you like the QB or not do you root for him to play well? Or do you hope he falls flat on his face so you can run here and talk about how horrible he is and how right you are? There are no such thing as drew lovers. These are just fans that want to see the team win and the QB to play well.

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Well, I'm not sure how you "replace the season"....need to elaborate on that one a bit more...but as to TD and Drew, if you've been happy with no post season in 4 years, more power to you. You would get along well with Cardinal fans.

That's a typo- should read FOR the season

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:12 AM
This is what i love about Cynical. He wants JP to start, a rookie QB who will struggle and lose some games, and then he *****es about TDs record. Too Funny.

Michael82
12-06-2004, 10:14 AM
For all your criticisms of TD, you have yet to give a definitive counter proposal. Given from what i've seen on these boards we're a whole lot better off now than we would have been had TD or Mr. Wilson let the fans make the calls. From what I've seen of your ideas in particular, we'd be hitting the reset button between TV timeouts.
:rofl: That's great!

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 10:18 AM
This is what i love about Cynical. He wants JP to start, a rookie QB who will struggle and lose some games, and then he *****es about TDs record. Too Funny.
I've had this same tail chasing argument as well with him.

In the past I've discussed the 2001 season- in which MrC says that TD inherited a top 5 defense and that there was no excuse for TD that the team crashed and burned to 2-14 - completely ignoring the facts of being 25 million over the cap, that many of those starters were on the tail end of their careers, ect...ect... It's arguments of convenience.

It's all about the numbers. If he likes the guy- he will give you numbers that support the cause. If he doesn't- he will interperet numbers to give the appropriate spin.

It's been done before.

Michael82
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM

so now you're saying that even if we pull a miracle and make the playoffs it doesn't matter because there is no chance we (or Drew) can win in the playoffs.

How are sports even the remotely fun thinking that way... they could bring Rob Johnosn back for a 1 game playoff special and i'd probably be sitting here trying to convince myself Rob Johnson has 1 good game in him.

You guys just assume we can't win and then you just sit back and wait for us to lose so you can say how right you were.

to me it's making the thing that seems impossible possible and keeping your hopes up until there is no hope left.
Great post! I couldn't have said it better myself. :clap: :bf1:

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:33 AM

In the past I've discussed the 2001 season- in which MrC says that TD inherited a top 5 defense and that there was no excuse for TD that the team crashed and burned to 2-14 - completely ignoring the facts of being 25 million over the cap, that many of those starters were on the tail end of their careers, ect...ect... It's arguments of convenience.

It's all about the numbers. If he likes the guy- he will give you numbers that support the cause. If he doesn't- he will interperet numbers to give the appropriate spin.

It's been done before.

Yes his rhetoric sounds quite familiar.

Michael82
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes his rhetoric sounds quite familiar.
Are you talking about somebody who is very Wyse? :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:31 AM
This is what i love about Cynical. He wants JP to start, a rookie QB who will struggle and lose some games, and then he *****es about TDs record. Too Funny.What's funny is that you still don't understand my point, even after multiple posts. I'll try one more time...

If you are going to have a non-playoff season you better be building for one. Playing Drew does not build for the future. Playing JP does. Therefore, I would excuse losing games if I felt we were positioning for a run the following year. Playing an $8.5M statue who has lost us many more games than won, and the collossal f**k ups with GW, KG, oline, etc., all amounting to a 23-37 record gives me ample reason to ***** about TD.

Hopefully that is clear now. There is no inconsistency in my point whatsoever.

In the past I've discussed the 2001 season- in which MrC says that TD inherited a top 5 defense and that there was no excuse for TD that the team crashed and burned to 2-14 - completely ignoring the facts of being 25 million over the cap, that many of those starters were on the tail end of their careers, ect...ect... It's arguments of convenience. Again, I agree with you. TD is a great accountant. Too bad accounting and evaluating talent/managing a professional football team are two different things.

It's all about the numbers. If he likes the guy- he will give you numbers that support the cause. If he doesn't- he will interperet numbers to give the appropriate spin. At least I use facts to support my arguments.

It's been done before.Too bad the truth didn't sink in back then, maybe it will someday.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Are you talking about somebody who is very Wyse? :snicker:You gonna give yourself a warning for that one? :scratch:

Iehoshua
12-06-2004, 11:34 AM
You gonna give yourself a warning for that one? :scratch:

Doubtful... Hypocrisy is getting rampant here... Sad...

helmetguy
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm with you, Dozer. I would love to work for the company MrC works for. No matter how bad I do my job, I'm safe. Just fire the CEO.

TigerJ
12-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I have been enjoying the Bills immensely for the past several weeks. Next year does present a bit of a dilemma. I'm unsure about the wisdom of starting Bledsoe next season for one main reason. I'm not sure he can get past his tendency to melt down versus the Patriots. I don't think Buffalo would have a huge problem taking a wild card spot in 2005, but unless NE suddenly goes in the tank, I'm not sure winning the division is a possibility. Of course, I don't know that JP Losman can lead the Bills to victory over NE either, but everyone's assumption is that Losman is the future of the Bills. It would be nice to find out if that future is a good one or not, especially with respect to beating NE.

If the Bills elect to go with Drew, however, I'm not going to a negative Nathan the whole year. I will assume that the coaching staff will be able to help Drew be effective, and strengthen the team around him. Maybe that will be enough to get the team to a division championship and beyond.

Michael82
12-06-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm with you, Dozer. I would love to work for the company MrC works for. No matter how bad I do my job, I'm safe. Just fire the CEO.
:rofl: Sounds good to me.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 05:55 PM

In the past I've discussed the 2001 season- in which MrC says that TD inherited a top 5 defense and that there was no excuse for TD that the team crashed and burned to 2-14 - completely ignoring the facts of being 25 million over the cap, that many of those starters were on the tail end of their careers, ect...ect... It's arguments of convenience. .why bring facts into it? You'll just confuse him :idunno:

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM

How are sports even the remotely fun thinking that way... they could bring Rob Johnson back for a 1 game playoff special and i'd probably be sitting here trying to convince myself Rob Johnson has 1 good game in him.

Whoever negged me for this... that's fine. But I didn't mean to preach, I am just saying what being a fan means to me. Yes there i things I don't agree with that the team does. I just don't understand the defeatist attitude. It's the we can't attitude that depresses me. sorry if you though i was telling people how to be a fan.

cordog
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Whoever negged me for this... that's fine. But I didn't mean to preach, I am just saying what being a fan means to me. Yes there i things I don't agree with that the team does. I just don't understand the defeatist attitude. It's the we can't attitude that depresses me. sorry if you though i was telling people how to be a fan.

I wish who ever negs would have some nads and atleast let people know who it is. I got neged for saying i didnt think Bledsoe was holding the team back right now.

NapalmDeath
12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Just to add a little meat to your post. :;

Bledsoe's career playoff numbers:

129-for-252 (51.2%), 1,335 Yds (5.3 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 10 Int, 58.2 QB Rating.

So if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs, we should start Losman?
We have no way of winning in the playoffs with Drew in there according to your post.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 11:23 PM
I wish who ever negs would have some nads and atleast let people know who it is. I got neged for saying i didnt think Bledsoe was holding the team back right now.

I didn't really care they didn't leave a name. but the comment bothered me because i didn't mean to "tell people how to be fans"

NapalmDeath
12-06-2004, 11:24 PM

I have only been negged by 3 people ever. EE for reasons unknown (twice), Cntry for using :cgal: and Mr. Cynical. CntryGal was the only one that signed hers. Since I am a donor I know who Pos or neg reps me.

I am not saying that any of the above are guilty off negging you, I am agreeing that it is annoying not knowing who negged you.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:34 PM
So if we do somehow sneak into the playoffs, we should start Losman? No, and I never said that.

We have no way of winning in the playoffs with Drew in there according to your post.The odds of Drew playing well in the playoffs are heavily stacked against him, so more or less, yes, that's correct.

NapalmDeath
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
No, and I never said that..

I didn't say you did, I was just curious.

The odds of Drew playing well in the playoffs are heavily stacked against him, so more or less, yes, that's correct.

So what should we do, if we do make the playoffs? I agree Drew has not had the greatest games in the playoffs, but if we do make it in this year, do you think we have lost before the game even starts with Bledsoe in there? And if so, what would you suggest a better option? Start Matthews? Bring back Zoloman?

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 12:11 AM
So what should we do, if we do make the playoffs? I agree Drew has not had the greatest games in the playoffs, but if we do make it in this year, do you think we have lost before the game even starts with Bledsoe in there? And if so, what would you suggest a better option? Start Matthews? Bring back Zoloman?
Honestly there really isn't much we can do at this point *if* we make the playoffs. JP isn't ready and Matthews hasn't played all year. So it's basically going to hinge on monster running from WM and perfect play from our D if we are to have any chance at all. If we have to rely on Drew in any way, it's over IMO.

Canadian'eh!
12-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Honestly there really isn't much we can do at this point *if* we make the playoffs. JP isn't ready and Matthews hasn't played all year. So it's basically going to hinge on monster running from WM and perfect play from our D if we are to have any chance at all. If we have to rely on Drew in any way, it's over IMO.

amazing... the guy can go from 0-4 and blamed for everything and anything, to an amazing comeback by the whole team (him included) to make the playoffs, but we are DEAD if we have to depend on him in a playoff game.

this is what i mean by no respect.

a guy goes 12-2 (if we were to make it in) and SOME people are discussing how we have no chance with him. whatever.