PDA

View Full Version : Only Bledsoe complaint I have...

Crisis
12-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Is he's starting to take alot longer in the pocket again. Anyone else notice that he started to wait alot longer for plays to develop? Those 3 INTs last week probably effected this, but he wont get away waiting this long every week with the OL we have.

Other than that, he had a great game.

Mad Bomber
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Is he's starting to take alot longer in the pocket again. Anyone else notice that he started to wait alot longer for plays to develop? Those 3 INTs last week probably effected this, but he wont get away waiting this long every week with the OL we have.

True. But the nice thing is that he has more than 3 seconds to wait for plays to develop! :up:

Dozerdog
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
It is a CRITICAL balance. I'm sure the fish fans would trade a few sacks to get some of those interceptions back.

mybills
12-05-2004, 05:56 PM
I hate him even when we win. He took 4 seconds on his good throws and completed them..all others were over 4 seconds and guess what?

LABillsFan
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM

Yep.

mybills
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Is he's starting to take alot longer in the pocket again..
NO CHIT!

finsrclowns
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
The guys on the other side get paid too. Miami has the top D against the pass in the NFL. They cover well. Should DB just force the ball or throw it away every time his guys aren't open? Sometimes he has to hold it. Every single QB in the league does. It's the QB's that are given that extra second when they need it that look the best, by and large.

DaBills
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
He is very effective in 1-2-3 release mode. Blitzes don't get to him. That's why I'm puzzled when Mularkey goes away from that at times today. He's extending to 3-4 secs drop back — then turn — then read — then throw. Taking too long. After Willis breaks off one, Drew needs to come back and fire off a quick out, not wait 7 secs for a deep Moulds route.

I also think he should go to the screen way more or look to get to Joe Burns as his first read, NOT as a last resort checkoff. Larry Centers and Thurman Thomas were very successful in this mode.

Crisis
12-05-2004, 06:15 PM
The guys on the other side get paid too. Miami has the top D against the pass in the NFL. They cover well. Should DB just force the ball or throw it away every time his guys aren't open? Sometimes he has to hold it. Every single QB in the league does. It's the QB's that are given that extra second when they need it that look the best, by and large.

Normally, I would agree.

But we're talking about a guy with a history of holding onto the ball too long. Look at the first couple weeks of the season, we were talking about him getting sacked 100+ times this year. When Drew holds onto the ball too long, 90% of the time there isn't a good result.

Jeff1220
12-05-2004, 06:16 PM
I must say, Drew's passes were nice today. He took a little longer in the pocket, but was putting that ball right where it should be most of the time. I'll take 277 yards, 4 TDs and 0 Ints vs. a very good pass D any day. :clap:

finsrclowns
12-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Normally, I would agree.

But we're talking about a guy with a history of holding onto the ball too long. Look at the first couple weeks of the season, we were talking about him getting sacked 100+ times this year. When Drew holds onto the ball too long, 90% of the time there isn't a good result.

Not this year. The Oak and 1st NE game were all about the OL not being able to pass block for 4 seconds consistently. That's why we changed after that to the short and quick or long and max protect offense we've been using since. Today we had serious trouble running early and they did a good job rushing and covering. Give the fins some credit.

mybills
12-05-2004, 06:40 PM
What was his record as of last week..More INT than TD's or more TD's than Passing yds? :rofl:
Don't fool yourself! :biggrin:

ScottLawrence
12-05-2004, 07:08 PM

Yes....I remember on one sack he held the ball for at least 6 seconds.

Of course I screamed at the TV, "THROW IT!". :funny: