• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsRockSOMUCH
    Exhausted of Losing
    • Mar 2004

Bills Playoff Scenerio

I found this article:
    All In - Can the Bills run the table this year and make the playoffs?
    By Joe Levit, Patriots Insider
    Speculation is a special part of what an NFL season is all about. Dreaming about the playoffs is what fans do, right up until the time their team is mathematically eliminated from postseason contention. This season, a clear team on the rise is the Buffalo Bills. The team sports a 5-6 record at this moment, not even a .500 ball-club, but this unit is playing very well right now, coming fresh off a 38-9 victory over Seattle, and a 37-17 victory over St. Louis the week before. Those are two blowouts, against decent but flawed teams.
    In the next four games (Miami, Cleveland, Cincinnati, San Francisco), the Bills play opponents with larger flaws. After week 16, when I expect Buffalo to have defeated it's fourth straight opponent, they should have a 9-6 record, and be ready to vie for a spot in the AFC playoffs. That might sound crazy, coming in a conference that currently has two 10-1 teams, three 8-3 teams and two 7-4 teams, not to mention Jacksonville at 6-5. The odds are clearly against the Bills, who may have shot themselves in the foot this year simply by failing to give the football to Willis McGahee at an earlier date.
    Still, I believe the Bills have more than a fighting chance to make the playoffs, and while I wouldn't call it a likelihood, it is an interesting possibility. To make the mark, the Bills will not only have to win all the rest of their own games, which includes defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in week 17, but also get tremendous help from other teams.
    More...
Working...
X