PDA

View Full Version : via Don Banks at CNNSI.com

Devin
12-05-2004, 09:05 PM
• You heard it here first (and even if you didn't, I'm going to still try and claim it): Beware of the Bills next year. Pretty stinking impressive of Buffalo to reach .500 at 6-6 in Week 13 after opening the Mike Mularkey era with four consecutive losses. Six out of eight in this league is no small feat, especially in the ultra-competitive AFC.

• Look, I've buried Drew Bledsoe in this space so often that I routinely feel compelled to visit the gravesite and put flowers at the headstone. But four more touchdowns against Miami? With no interceptions? It's suddenly very chic to be a quarterback named Drew in this league (with the possible exception of young Mr. Henson). Bledsoe's resurgence isn't solely linked to the fact that the Bills now have a big-time running game with Willis McGahee going crazy, but let's face it, any quarterback looks better with a great runner lined up behind him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/12/05/banks.120504/index.html

I concur. :)

LABillsFan
12-06-2004, 07:49 PM
• You heard it here first (and even if you didn't, I'm going to still try and claim it): Beware of the Bills next year. Pretty stinking impressive of Buffalo to reach .500 at 6-6 in Week 13 after opening the Mike Mularkey era with four consecutive losses. Six out of eight in this league is no small feat, especially in the ultra-competitive AFC.

I concur. :)

First off I'm not bashing your post :peace: and I agreed with everything until I read the last line It's the sports writer I have an issue with.

Huh? 6 out of 8 in the AFC? try 3 out of 9, 2 against arguably the 3rd worst team in the league and 3 out of 3 against arguably the worst division in the league. The Bills are on a roll and do have a shot at the playoffs, but jumping on the bandwagon doesn't play with me. Just like when GB beat the lowly Rams and Salsbury, :crazy: the very next day said the only team that could make a run at Philly in the playoffs were the packers. Hmm, I wonder what's next with him. The BEARS????

Sports writers and commentators DRIVE ME NUTS! Whoever is "Chic" is the rule of thumb and their opinions mean less to me every time they say something that gets backed up with incorrect stats or just writing for the sake of writing.

How's your day going? :fury:

Devin
12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
someone needs a hug

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 09:17 PM
He was referring to the fact that the Bills have won 6 out of their last 8 games total... not 6 out of 8 specifically in the AFC

Charlieguide
12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
ESPN analysts are saying the same things. Esp. about next year's outlook.