PDA

View Full Version : We won and McGahee didn't get 100 yards

G. Host
12-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Some were talking like McGahee was the sole reason for winning and if we did not put game in his hands we would lose.

McGahee made the only turnover for Bills in the game and all three teams of the Bills came to play. Looks like that 100 yard curse is broken.

Spiderweb
12-06-2004, 02:10 AM
Some were talking like McGahee was the sole reason for winning and if we did not put game in his hands we would lose.

McGahee made the only turnover for Bills in the game and all three teams of the Bills came to play. Looks like that 100 yard curse is broken.
Glenn, seems there's quite a few folks over at TSW that seem to miss your presence. I lurk here frequently (but as you can tell RARELY post) just to see what one of the logical posters from TSW has to say about our Bills.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Can you show any examples of who thought the Bills only win because of McGahee? That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I will say that he gives a new dimension that the Bills didn't have before, but there is no way anyone in their right mind can think he is the sole reason for winning.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Sunday was Drew's day, pure and simple. McGahee was average, the special teams - except for McGee's return - were not very special, and the only thing the D had going was Feely's idiotic mistakes.

Could we give Drew a little credit once in a while - like when he throws 4 TDs and no picks?

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 07:34 AM
McGahee just adds another dimension. Do you think Bledsoe could have thrown 4 touchdowns if the Dolphins weren't stacking the box to contain Willis?

If McGahee was the only reason we were winning, it's because the Bills' passing game was horrid early in the season and the offense was one-dimensional. But now that the passing game is clicking, teams can shut down McGahee only at the expense of having Moulds and Evans shred their secondary (Bledsoe gets some props here too)

Pride
12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
I do attribute it mostly to McGahee. Before him, defenses could drop 6 into coverage, or all out blitz bledsoe. McGahee's presence alone is causing defenses to play honest football.. which allows the system that TC and MM have brought to buffalo work.

That is why it is effective!