PDA

View Full Version : Who do the Bills have a shoe contract with?

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the Bills probably fall down more than all the rest of the NFL teams combined? What is going on? I saw at least 3 key plays where a Bills defender slipped and fell, and I didn't see the Fins have any of those problems. This is the 4th or 5th week in a row that this has happened. Get some new shoes!!!

Pride
12-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Yes! I noticed this 2 weeks ago! I even posted about it... but too lazy to dig to find it.

Its getting annoying as hell!

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Yes! I noticed this 2 weeks ago! I even posted about it... but too lazy to dig to find it.

Its getting annoying as hell!

Is it ever!!! It looks like they are playing on a field made of banana peels.

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I just had another thought about this- all the injuries the Bills had against the Dolphins. When players don't have good footing, they are more likely to pull muscles when they slip or land in awkward positions. I wonder if the wrong shoes are playing into that equasion.

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm just guessing its an NFL contract w/ Reebok. Reebok does the jerseys so im guessing they do the shoes too. I could be way far off here, anyone know?

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Bills probably fall down more than all the rest of the NFL teams combined? What is going on? I saw at least 3 key plays where a Bills defender slipped and fell, and I didn't see the Fins have any of those problems. This is the 4th or 5th week in a row that this has happened. Get some new shoes!!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the shoes have changable cleats that can be made different lengths depending on type of field/conditions?

So if the footing is bad we can assume that it is because the equipment manager has been giving the players the wrong cleat size/type.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
That's funny. I hadn't thought about this until you posted it but you're right -they do seem to slip alot.

Maybe the Buffalo Conspiracy Theory is alive and well and Reebok is secretly sabotaging their shoes with Nerf-like spikes. :;

Charlieguide
12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the shoes have changable cleats that can be made different lengths depending on type of field/conditions?

So if the footing is bad we can assume that it is because the equipment manager has been giving the players the wrong cleat size/type.

My thoughts, exactly. This is part of home-field advantage: you know how your field behaves in certain conditions, so at least for part of the game, you may have a slight advantage, until the opponent adjusts.