PDA

View Full Version : Clements

don137
12-06-2004, 07:38 AM
I like Nate Clements a lot as a player and think he is a very good corner. However, I question some of his decisions and he seems to do things at times that are more selfish.
Everyone knows how against Jacksonville on a 4th and 15 during the Jaguars winning drive he admitingly went for an interception instead of knocking the ball down resulting in Jimmy Smith catching the ball for a first down and the rest is history.
Yesterday, the Dolphins fumbled the ball. Clements could of just fell on the ball but instead of just falling on it he tried to pick up the ball and run with it.
He missed the ball and kicked it out of bounds. If he just fell on the ball it would of been a first down Buffalo. Instead it was first down Miami.
Like I said I really think he is a good corner but I get nervous sometimes with his decisions.

BillsFanInMass
12-06-2004, 07:44 AM
I dont blame him when your in a game your running on 90 percent instincts. I would have tried to scoop it too even though i know its wrong but at the time your instincts are telling you to pick it up and score . Like beavis once said yeah yeah score score heh heh heh heh

Tatonka
12-06-2004, 07:50 AM
i hear what your saying don.. i could have shot him yesterday for that crap.. but i think clements is a game breaker.. and most of them believe so much in their ability that they think they can score all the time..

do i fault him for that horrible play yesterday, hell yeah.. and you can believe that the coaches are going to rip him for it.. but he called himself out for that play in jacksonville, and i am sure he would do the same about that play yesterday..

i still like the kid.

Pride
12-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I personally like his risk taking ability. For so long we had corners who's only job was to catch the receiver after the ball was caught. Not make a play!

With INT's come respect... with respect comes the unwillingness to be thrown to.

don137
12-06-2004, 07:58 AM
i hear what your saying don.. i could have shot him yesterday for that crap.. but i think clements is a game breaker.. and most of them believe so much in their ability that they think they can score all the time..

do i fault him for that horrible play yesterday, hell yeah.. and you can believe that the coaches are going to rip him for it.. but he called himself out for that play in jacksonville, and i am sure he would do the same about that play yesterday..

i still like the kid.

I really like Clements too but I sometimes question his decisions. He should first fall down on the ball and make sure he has control of it and then get up and run with it. The football takes funny bounces and is hard to scoop up when it is bouncing around..

One good thing that did come out of it...My neighbor is a Dolphins fan and we had a bet that the loser would have to hang the opposing teams flag in front of his house for a week. It sure was beutiful to see a Bills flag hanging from his house today.... :dance:

dannyek71
12-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Clements really is the playmaker. He either makes a great play, or a terrible one.

The King
12-06-2004, 08:29 AM
I think Clements is a solid corner... but hes a hotshot. He wants to be in the same sentence with guys like Law, and McCallister. He needs to be more focused and play good football, he needs to shut down his man not look for picks. He just needs to mature a little more.