PDA

View Full Version : Rooting for Miami? This is going to be tough!

Patrick76777
12-06-2004, 08:17 AM
The Fish play in Denver on Sunday! If they win and we beat the Browns, we'll have caught the Broncos.

The Fish also play the Ravens in week 17 but it's so late in the season I was hoping that one wouldn't matter.

Can I root for the Phins on Sunday? It's very big for us!!!!

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Welcome to the Aqua & Coral sideline! http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon14.gif

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
The Fish play in Denver on Sunday! If they win and we beat the Browns, we'll have caught the Broncos.

The Fish also play the Ravens in week 17 but it's so late in the season I was hoping that one wouldn't matter.

I think exemptions are warranted when the playoffs are at stake- it's ok to root for rivals if it will help us get in. I will be rooting for the Fish this weekend, although every time these situations occur, I die a little inside.

Patrick76777
12-06-2004, 08:22 AM
I think exemptions are warranted when the playoffs are at stake- it's ok to root for rivals if it will help us get in. I will be rooting for the Fish this weekend, although every time these situations occur, I die a little inside.

LMAO

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 08:45 AM
But Miami record of 2-11 is sooooooo beautiful.

I just do not know if I can root for Miami :sadwalk:

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 09:06 AM

Go Miami...Crush Denver...AJ Feeley is GOD!!!!!!!! Go Minor!! Chambers for the Pro-Bowl...Jason Taylor is second only to Bruce...........

Yeah, I can do it!! Go Fins! (For one week).

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 09:10 AM

3-13 has a nice ring to it. One victory isn't going to make this season good for them... I'd rather see the Fins have a meaningless win than count on Denver to lose after that. Plus, Denver is already hitting the skids- a loss to Miami will probably demoralize them enough to take them out of contention.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 09:11 AM
3-13 has a nice ring to it. One victory isn't going to make this season good for them... I'd rather see the Fins have a meaningless win than count on Denver to lose after that. Plus, Denver is already hitting the skids- a loss to Miami will probably demoralize them enough to take them out of contention.
Can I get an AMEN brotha?!?

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Go Miami...Crush Denver...AJ Feeley is GOD!!!!!!!! Go Minor!! Chambers for the Pro-Bowl...Jason Taylor is second only to Bruce...........

Yeah, I can do it!! Go Fins! (For one week).

:rofl:

Devin
12-06-2004, 09:26 AM
if it means Bills make the playoffs id even sport a fins jersey....granted id violently vomit afterwards id do it.

so what is likely the only time I will ever say it......

GO FINS KICK THE S**T OUT OF DENVER!

The King
12-06-2004, 09:31 AM
There was a fin fan sitting in front of me during the game that wa clapping on both sides of the ball. His friends hated him, anytime we scored he was right up giving me a high five, he was rooting for Miami to get the number 1 overall pick. It was friggin hillarious. He had a fins hat on and everything. Eventually his friends took his hat away but it didnt stop him. He called the INT for the win too.

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2004, 09:34 AM
If we make the playoffs because of the Dolphins beating teams for us, then gooooo Dolphins. I have no problem cheering for a 2 win team.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2004, 09:36 AM
I have always rooted for the AFC team - except the Steelers - in the Super Bowl, so pulling for the Fins will be easy. I even rooted for the Steelers last night. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm feelin' naseous :ill:

Dozerdog
12-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Nothing would make Dolphin fans happier than putting Buffalo in the playoffs...:snicker:

Jan Reimers
12-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm feelin' naseous :ill:
You probably got hold of some bad fish.

clumping platelets
12-06-2004, 09:58 AM
You probably got hold of some bad fish.

But yesterday was good fish :D

Michael82
12-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Nothing would make Dolphin fans happer than putting Buffalo in the playoffs...:snicker:
That's a GREAT way of looking at it. :snicker:

Michael82
12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
BTW....think of it this way....if Miami beats Denver and then the Ravens...it may save that crappy interim head coach and it will screw Miami out of a top 3 draft pick. :snicker:

G. Host
12-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Who knows? Miami could go 'hot' after a decent game (except for turnovers) against Bills. They shut down McGahee for most of game before Rosenass called them and say be nice to their future RB, they learned how to score some points and now they just need to teach QB to throw to guys in his colored jersey (sometimes when you sign a QB from another team it just takes a while).

Imagine Miami ending their season with a four game winning streak and a 6-10 record!

Where is that Sarcasism smilie?

SABURZFAN
12-06-2004, 11:18 AM
root for the FISH???? :ill:

BAM
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
**** the rivalry. If a win by them will help our playoff chances, I'M ALL FOR IT.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!! :jam:

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 12:13 PM
desperate times call for desperate measures.

Cntrygal
12-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Nothing would make Dolphin fans happier than putting Buffalo in the playoffs...:snicker:

GREAT point! :biggrin:

BillsFanInMass
12-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Dont bother disgracing yourselves rooting for that girly colored team. Ive done it before other years wether it was the pats or fins or jets hoping them to beat a team to help the Bills chances. Then they lose the game anyway and you just rooted for the fins for nothing . Leaves you Feeling kind of violated. If they win they win if they lose they lose F rootin for them save face!!

FTG
12-06-2004, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the Aqua & Coral sideline! http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon14.gif

Is that what you like to call those :limp: colors :D

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 01:33 PM
desperate times call for desperate measures.
just like the guy who has to talk to the fat chick, sometimes you have to take one for the team!!

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
root for the FISH???? :ill:
I'm with ya, bro. Besides, I've rooted for them in the past when a win would've helped us and they found a way to screw it up

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 06:22 PM

I say let the chips fall where they may. I will NEVER root for the Phish. I'll lay in a bed of flesh eating ants before I would root for those bastards.

:madcloud:

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 06:27 PM
I say let the chips fall where they may. I will NEVER root for the Phish. I'll lay in a bed of flesh eating ants before I would root for those bastards.

:madcloud:

So having the Fish be 2-14 instead of 3-13 is more important to you than Buffalo playing in January? I'm a Bills fan before I'm a Fish hater.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 06:35 PM
So having the Fish be 2-14 instead of 3-13 is more important to you than Buffalo playing in January? I'm a Bills fan before I'm a Fish hater.

If the Dolphins beat the Broncos next weekend then that is great, but I am not cheering for them. Whatever happens, I am very pleased with the progress our team is making, I'll be happy as long as we finish with a winning record, whether or not we make the playoffs. Regardless, I will not stoop so low as to root for the Dolphins. If we are meant to be in the playoffs, then we will be. I've said my peace.

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
actually cheering for the dolphons and hoping that they win are entirely different things.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
actually cheering for the dolphons and hoping that they win are entirely different things.

Yeah but that is not what this post is about. It is about "rooting for Miami" and I'm not saying that anybody is wrong, I'm simply saying that I ain't having it. Just my opinion. My wife just said too that she could never justify rooting for the Raiders (she is a Broncos fan) under any circumstances. See what I'm saying?

Oh and by the way, hoping the Phish will win is rooting's ugly ass sister!

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 07:07 PM
On the other hand, I have seen people on this forum doing absolutley bizarre stuff like praising New England in hopes that they could somehow magically curse them and we would win the game so this sort of behavior does not surprise me. I got love for those fans too. It just shows that some of our fans willl do anything and stop at nothing and I respect that. Not me though. Rooting for a divison rival is going way to far as far as I am concerned.

helmetguy
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
I'll root for the Fish over the Broncos, although grudgingly. And Phil? If you EVER tell Gersh I rooted for Miami-once-well, does the "Stadium Lounge" conjure up any memories?

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
:ontome:

ScottLawrence
12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
This could be a good game.

I remember last year the Broncos nearly losing to the Browns in Mile High.(Ashley Lelie saved the day on a somewhat hail mary with seconds remaining, where Elam would tie it up and send it to over time where the Broncos would eventually win it.)

But, The Dolphins don't quit and, I would have no problem rooting for them this week.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 07:18 PM
Reasons it's perfectly fine to root for the Fish:

1- It helps our playoff chances.

2- It lowers their already high 1st round pick.

3- Jim Bates could actually remain their Head Coach (LOL)

4- WE ALREADY SWEPT THEM!!!!

ShadowHawk7
12-06-2004, 10:39 PM
For some reason, I dispise the Pats and Jets more than the Fins, so I don't have much of a problem against rooting for the fins for awhile. Won't Denver beat us in the tiebreaker though?

PhinsFan66
12-06-2004, 10:58 PM
OF COURSE you can root for the Phins....we rule!!!!! :peace:

I'll be at the Fins-Broncos game at Mile High up in the nosebleed seats...if anyone wants me to put a hex on the Denver Donkeys.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 11:06 PM

I'll be at the Fins-Broncos game at Mile High up in the nosebleed seats...if anyone wants me to put a hex on the Denver Donkeys.

I don't know about the hex but maybe you can do us a real favor by jumping off the top of Invesco...

:scratch: :squish:

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 11:07 PM

Put a hex, curse and jinx on them. if you beat the Broncos i'll do something crazy like write a "thank you" thread at finhell.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Instead of saying, when hell freezes over, or when pigs fly, etc. etc., people should say when the fins win.

You guys really truly...suck!

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Reasons it's perfectly fine to root for the Fish:

1- It helps our playoff chances.

2- It lowers their already high 1st round pick.

3- Jim Bates could actually remain their Head Coach (LOL)

4- WE ALREADY SWEPT THEM!!!!
TOUCHDOWN!!

Voltron
12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
I don't know about the hex but maybe you can do us a real favor by jumping off the top of Invesco...

:scratch: :squish:
Don't be hatin'!

:D