PDA

View Full Version : CBS's game presentation....

OpIv37
12-05-2004, 04:45 PM
sucked yet again. Several times they were late coming back from replays or promos, on one play they switched cameras about 3 times in less than 5 seconds. They never showed replays of the Bills illegal contact penalties (hmmm...) and didn't show a good shot of how Williams got the ball on the final INT. On the failed Moulds reverse their fantasy stat tracker said "David Boston, 1 run -1 yards"- the dude plays on the other team and HASN'T PLAYED ALL YEAR! How could they f that up?

Also, did Don Criqui invent the term "middlebacker"? I've never heard anyone else use it, and if he says it one more time I'm going to shove the mic so far up his ass that it will be in the middle of his back.

Iehoshua
12-05-2004, 04:46 PM
sucked yet again. Several times they were late coming back from replays or promos, on one play they switched cameras about 3 times in less than 5 seconds. They never showed replays of the Bills illegal contact penalties (hmmm...) and didn't show a good shot of how Williams got the ball on the final INT. On the failed Moulds reverse their fantasy stat tracker said "David Boston, 1 run -1 yards"- the dude plays on the other team and HASN'T PLAYED ALL YEAR! How could they f that up?

Also, did Don Criqui invent the term "middlebacker"? I've never heard anyone else use it, and if he says it one more time I'm going to shove the mic so far up his ass that it will be in the middle of his back.

Don "Cricket" is a grade A creep who loved sounding super ecstatic whenever Miami was doing well. :down:

Michael82
12-05-2004, 04:57 PM
There was one thing I thought...

Steve Tasker seemed like a traitor. You can tell that he doesn't want to be considered a homer, so he tries to criticize the Bills too much and praise the opponent too much. It made me sick. :ill:

rtconner
12-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Don Criqui said that Josh Reed has been quiet the last few games. Yes Don, that tends to happen when you are INJURED!!!

Michael82
12-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Don Criqui said that Josh Reed has been quiet the last few games. Yes Don, that tends to happen when you are INJURED!!!
:roflmao:

The_Philster
12-05-2004, 05:04 PM
:spit: Must have been out on the beach checking out the bikinis instead of doing his homework

Crisis
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Do we have the same announcers every week?

Jesus christ, I can only take so much of these two. Even though Tasker was a great Bill, he's a horrible commentator.

How many times did they call A.J. Jay or Feeley Fiedler?

Not to mention they were all over Moulds and Eddie Moore's jockstrap even when Moulds did nothing in the 1st half.

BillyT92679
12-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Criqui and Tasker have the Browns-Bills game next week too.

ShadowHawk7
12-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Tasker sure is starting to get annoying... I wish Fox would pick up the AFC half of the time.

OpIv37
12-05-2004, 07:20 PM

also he said that Minor fumbled 3 or 4 times, and it was actually his back-up who fumbled.

Armpalm Ali Musch
12-05-2004, 08:38 PM
You guys are right all-around. Tasker and Ciq are terrible. Ciq the old man makes a ton of mistakes and Tasker kisses the other teams ass so much. For example, when Spikes had the interception and had that badass return where it took something like 3 offensive lineman and a TE to get him out of bounds cuz they couldn't tackle him - Tasker starts talking about how Feely jumped on the back of Spikes (in which Takeo eventually shook him off, barely stayed in bounds, and keep going downfield with Feely on him); after that, he said how Feely is his new favorite QB (HE IS FROM F*ING Miami!???!) because he never quit on the play. Reminds me of how his new favorite ST player in the league from the last Bills game was Wes Welker.

Tasker is so annoying I really can't listening to them anymore. I usually hear some of the game on radio with John Murphy and Alex Van Pelt and it is easily 10x better because they back the Bills. I love hearing people get excited when the Bills score. Tasker and Ciq talk about how there was some kind of breakdown for the other team and how it is a bad break. STFU already you morons. CBS should never have Tasker do our games anymore. He is anti-Bill.

eddiehaskill
12-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I've been a fan of Tasker for years and years but yesterday was disgusting. He was putting down the bills all day long and making every Dolphins play seem amazing and miraculous. When Feely threw the interception he was talkign about how much he admired Feely for goign to tackle Spikes. He was giving credit to Chambers for a one handed catch but didn't say anythign about Lee Evans amazing grab.

All day he was against us with his commentary. i understand that he doesn't want to seem like he's on the Bills side but he was definitly callign the game the Dolphins way yesterday. It was so annoying

justasportsfan
12-06-2004, 09:23 AM
He should put down the bills. This team is not even close to the bills that he played for. The harsher the better. The bills yesterday wasn't prepared to play. They played like they were overconfident. I have yet to see the Pats take a day off even during their streak. We beat the LOWLY rams and seahawks for a streak. Nothing to be overconfident about. Had we played the pats or the jets like we did yesterday, we would've been killed.

BuffaloRanger
12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
He should put down the bills. This team is not even close to the bills that he played for. The harsher the better. The bills yesterday wasn't prepared to play. They played like they were overconfident. I have yet to see the Pats take a day off even during their streak. We beat the LOWLY rams and seahawks for a streak. Nothing to be overconfident about. Had we played the pats or the jets like we did yesterday, we would've been killed.

Yeah the jets are so friggin great. They beat us with a last minute FG then lost to us. Pats are much better.

I agree Tasker was blowing the dolphins all day. I was at a bar watching it and said "This announcer must have played for the fins." Someone then said it was Tasker and I was shocked.

Look for Tasker to be selling Dolphin semen on EBAY today. I doubt he could swallow it all.

jdbillsfan
12-06-2004, 10:47 AM
He does it every game. Him and Criqui were terrible. I can only hope that that was his last Bills game, but I am sure it isn't.

Tasker is the worst.

RedEyE
12-06-2004, 10:47 AM
He didn't have a lot of great things to say about Feely when he threw the INT to Phat Pat and then walked with him into the endzone. Even Bledsoe would have tried to make the tackle. Feely is a sorry excuse for a Professional Football Player.

lordofgun
12-06-2004, 10:54 AM
For the second game in a row, Criqui was talking about how McGee replaced Winfield this year, and for the second game in a row, he called him Antonio Winfield.

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
there is already a thread about this-
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=839600

lordofgun
12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
threads merged.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
IMO, nobody is more annoying...more clueless...more absolutely in need of a kick to the face than Randy Cross. Yes, Criqui, Theismann and Dierdorf are crap....and Madden is stale...but Cross is a complete ass. Every other sentence is a ***** analogy like, "That's like hitting a mosquito with a hammer". He really sucks.

The Natrix
12-06-2004, 11:14 AM
I hit mute in the second quarter and put on some tunes.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2004, 01:24 PM
I just watch the game and pay very little attention to the play-by-play and color guys. The Bills themselves usually do enough to annoy me.

Charlieguide
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
CBS stinks all the way up and down their roster, and Fox isn't much better. I was LMAO when I heard CBS switched Gumbel with Nantz . . . at least GG has a clue what he's talking about. And Criqui . . . if you had a name like that, wouldn't you make up a stage-name?

Worst quote of the week: Chris Collinsworth during the PHI-GB game. "It's the second quarter, and the fans are already starting to sing the 'na-na-nah-nah, na-na-nah-nah, hey-hey-hey', good bye song." Did you really have to say all that, Chris? All of it?

If not for Madden (still a fan of him), Michaels, and sometimes Paul McGwire, I don't think I could listen to announcers at all. What does it take to get that job?

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:12 PM
If not for Madden (still a fan of him), Michaels, and sometimes Paul McGwire, I don't think I could listen to announcers at all. What does it take to get that job?
Agreed, Michaels and McGuire are good, as well as Patrick. They make up for the Theismann cheese factor. As for Madden, I used to like him but I just think he dials it in alot these days and says the same thing week in and week out.

lordofgun
12-06-2004, 03:14 PM
You guys are on crack. McGuire is the worst.

Charlieguide
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
I used to dislike McGuire, but he seems more 'awake' recently. Mike Patrick is usually good, but every game, he gets a few names very wrong, and it drives me nuts.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2004, 09:40 PM
ive never really been a fan of having an ex-player do that teams games, because u know that the first thing is to criticize the former team.............

my top 5 HATED announcers:
1> randy cross
2> dan dierdorf
3> steve tasker
4> dan criqui
5> shannon sharpe, yeah he isnt really an announcer, but he down plays EVERY team

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
ive never really been a fan of having an ex-player do that teams games, because u know that the first thing is to criticize the former team.............

my top 5 HATED announcers:
1> randy cross
2> dan dierdorf
3> steve tasker
4> dan criqui
5> shannon sharpe, yeah he isnt really an announcer, but he down plays EVERY team

Can't have a list like this without Brent Jones.

Crisis
12-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Are you serious? This is a typical Madden-called game:

Another great pass by (whoever the QB is)...he showed some zip in there, just like Brett Favre. Have I told you about Brett? he's such a warrior, he plays through it all, i really cant get enough of him. I went over to his house Thursday and studied film with him, he is so intelligent, and such a great person. Brett Favre is great, and a wonderful QB. I wish Favre played in every game we commented."

Or the typical:

"He was going through the whole and BOOM! it just closed, look at that WHACK! (draw random lines on screen) and you see the fullback turn the corner and go BOOM! on that linebacker (ramble on for 30 more secods)"

I cant stand Madden, its either 3 hours of Brett Favre loving (even when hes not playing) or him rambling on going BOOM!

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Are you serious? This is a typical Madden-called game:

Another great pass by (whoever the QB is)...he showed some zip in there, just like Brett Favre. Have I told you about Brett? he's such a warrior, he plays through it all, i really cant get enough of him. I went over to his house Thursday and studied film with him, he is so intelligent, and such a great person. Brett Favre is great, and a wonderful QB. I wish Favre played in every game we commented."

Before Favre he was all over Troy Aikman's nuts.

I think the only color announcer i can stand is Phil Simms.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Before Favre he was all over Troy Aikman's nuts.

I think the only color announcer i can stand is Phil Simms.
Simms is pretty good I agree...but there's one thing he does that drives me crazy.

He pronounces "him" like "eem". I know that sounds nit picky but listen next time. Once you hear it, you won't be able to let it go...just like when you get a bad song stuck in your head.