PDA

View Full Version : Bills players turning on Bledsoe in the locker room???

Drewpac
12-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Interesting quote here from Spikes:

"He's taken more heat than anybody," said linebacker Takeo Spikes. "So I think it shows his character as a person. I've been on some teams where I had some horrible quarterbacks. What he's been taking as a player, I've seen it. I saw it from fans. More so, I saw it from the players in the locker room. So my hat's off to him."

"Geez," Spikes said. "It's, it's . . . damn, he's fought through it. I mean, he's fought through it!"

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041206/1031983.asp

I'm surprised to see one of Bledsoe's teammates basically commenting to the press that they had lost faith in him. I bet if we had lost to St. Louis, we would have never seen Bledsoe take another snap in a Bills uni.

Philagape
12-06-2004, 09:44 AM
We don't know how many players he was talking about, or whether it was just heat-of-the-moment frustration or actual animosity. Players yell at each other all the time and are fine after the game. So I think it's a leap to say the team lost faith in him based on that quote.

Jan Reimers
12-06-2004, 09:48 AM
I think - just like us fans - that there are some whiners and complainers in every club house.

The King
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Calling for J.P. Losman was premature. At some point, the Bills have to find out about their future QB. But Mularkey would have lost this team if he had put Bledsoe, the Bills' best chance for winning, on the bench. Mularkey's playoff talk seemed like wishful thinking at 3-6, but it doesn't seem so crazy now.

Neither does the prospect of Bledsoe coming back. He is making a case for himself to be the starter for one more year. Whether they make the playoffs or not, the Bills are building toward something. Assuming Bledsoe finishes strong, it's hard to see them taking him away from the offense. Chances are, the Bills will make the argument that Losman didn't have a rookie season and will need to sit behind Bledsoe for one more year.

It's hard to argue after 117 points in three games. They're only 6-6, but only a fool would deny that the Bills have made tremendous strides over the last two months. The team that has won six of its last eight has the look of a legitimate contender.

I thought this hit it right on the head. Great Article.