PDA

View Full Version : Regarding WCF's post on Maddox

Tatonka
11-19-2002, 12:52 AM
that is the most tasteless, dishonorable thing i have read on this site... wcf, it is so obviously apparent that you feed on the attention you get, be it mostly negative.. i can deal with the fact that your a lonely kid/man that really has little to no life... but what i am about to say has nothing to do with the fact that you are a horrible fan of a horrible team.. the statement you just made crosses a line... you are just a horrible person.

My cousin, who is the same age as me, 27, was paralyzed in an accident. he regained the motion in his arms, but he cant feel/use anything from his waist down. If you, for one minute, think that maddox was laying face down on that turf thinking to himself "yes, i fooled them all, i'm so smart" then you deserve that fate. I hope you get to experience it.. if not for a lifetime like my cousin, then just for a day... a minute...

Maddox was laying on that ground praying to god... praying that he could move... scared out of his mind...

i really cant believe what i just read.. and honestly, i cant believe what i just said.. but hope you can experience that kind of fear for just a minute, so you would shut your ****ing mouth. go drive your car off a cliff you piece of ****.

i will go ahead and apologize to all others that i have offended with this statement now.. i tend to say what i feel.

Don Cherry
11-19-2002, 01:24 AM
T- I think you speak for all of us...

WCF is a child.

Go ask Travis Roy, a Boston College freshmen hockey player, if he was faking it when he broke his neck on his first shift of his first game in college. Now he's a prisoner in his own body.

WCF- you did cross a line. If you know what's good for you- you best apologize to this board, the people who post here, to the Steelers and their Fans, and most of all... to the Maddox family.

Otherwise, I can see your welcome here worn out....

JJamezz
11-19-2002, 01:41 AM
People just don't think before they open their mouths... I've been disabled for 8 years (I'm 31), not with paralysis, but chronic illness.. I can tell you first hand, that the overwhelming majority of people don't give a s**t about anyone but themselves - that is, until it hits close to home. Although I wouldn't wish an injury or illness on ANYONE, I often think the world would be such a completely different place if everyone could experience this type of hardship for a period of time.

Tatonka - I'll keep your buddy in my prayers - not that I even believe it does anything anymore, but so many of us need all the help we can get...

SABURZFAN
11-19-2002, 04:58 AM
i have to agree with everybody here.i still remember the d.stingley incident.that's the first thing that came to my mind.these guys have families and they go out to make a living for them.in the long run,their bodies take one helluva pounding.look at what happened with m.webster.all of the blows to the head that received.j.otto's knees were shot.e.campbell was runned into the ground before he hit the age of 30.he has trouble walking today.that's just to name a few people.
the players are bigger,stronger,and faster today.the artificial turf has no give.football is like a train wreck and they beat the hell out of each other for 60 minutes.that's not counting practice.these guys pay the price.the short time of success only leads to long time illnesses and pain down the road.

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
T- I think you speak for all of us...

WCF is a child.

Go ask Travis Roy, a Boston College freshmen hockey player, if he was faking it when he broke his neck on his first shift of his first game in college. Now he's a prisoner in his own body.

WCF- you did cross a line. If you know what's good for you- you best apologize to this board, the people who post here, to the Steelers and their Fans, and most of all... to the Maddox family.

Otherwise, I can see your welcome here worn out....

why should I apologize? I expressesd my opinions and never insulted anybody...it was just my opinion...I wish him the best regardless if he faked it or not....If theres anybody who should be apologizing it should be totonka for wishing injury on somebody...no matter how much I hate my worse enemy I dont wish them any kind of bodily harm or injury...I just simply believe he wasnt as injured as people think he was...it happens so often in soccer....I bet you thought it was impossible for the president to be getting some head in the whitehouse, right? anything can happen.

Valerie
11-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Takona, great post :10: I completely agree with you. :) No one should EVER make light of someone's injury or acuse them of faking. :cynic: Until we walk in their shoes, we should learn to keep our mouths shut. We have absolutely NO idea what anyone is going through and it's not our place to pass judgments. My prayers are with your cousin, Takona. BTW, is that your dog in your signature? He's ADORABLE!!!!! :) What kind of dog is he? He looks like a lab/dalmation mix. Beautiful animal. :)

JJamezz, I'm very sorry to hear of your disability. My prayers are with you. :pray:

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

why should I apologize? I expressesd my opinions and never insulted anybody...it was just my opinion...I wish him the best regardless if he faked it or not....If theres anybody who should be apologizing it should be totonka for wishing injury on somebody...no matter how much I hate my worse enemy I dont wish them any kind of bodily harm or injury...I just simply believe he wasnt as injured as people think he was...it happens so often in soccer....I bet you thought it was impossible for the president to be getting some head in the whitehouse, right? anything can happen.

What a POS you are.

fabolouspaul
11-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

What a POS you are.

I bet if that happened to Fiedler, wcoastfin wouldnt be sayin that.

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Maybe wcoast was the type of kid that pretended to be injured to get out of gym class.

Earthquake Enyart
11-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Or get out of swim class because he had cramps.

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 01:24 PM
I heard on ESPN, he was running around fine without any help in his Hotel room...and he was going to Pittsburgh for treatment.

Tatonka
11-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I heard on ESPN, he was running around fine without any help in his Hotel room...and he was going to Pittsburgh for treatment.

and? so he is ok now.. god bless him, i am extremely happy for him... and the day you get an apology from me is the day i die.. i will restate it for you even.. i HOPE you get to experience a scare like maddox went through.. if you could experience the fear of losing the ability to use any part of your body for just a minute, i believe it might change your life.. seeing my cousin rehab and deal with his injury was enough to change mine.. regardless, you are a total pos.. i would love to meet you at a bills game some time.. so i could find out if you like apples..

Jaded... yeah.. that is my dog.. he is a lab/great dane mix.. his momma was a big ol' black and white dane... his picture is deceptive.. he is 105 lbs... he looks small in the pics.. that was my first attempt to use photoshop... i will be challenging jjamez soon..lol

mybills
11-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Tatonka -

I may be wrong, but for some reason I remember you saying that you wish you could come to a football game, but that you are in a wheel chair yourself. I may be thinking of the wrong user name, it was around Halloween. :scratch:

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 03:07 PM
sheesh, no wonder he got so offended and let it get to his head....now I know who the cousin really is...*wink*wink

My best wishes and prayers goes out to you and your cousin.

mybills
11-19-2002, 03:16 PM
wcf - go lick yourself in a corner and wait for his answer. In case you missed it, I said I could have been mistaken on the user name. :rolleyes:

colin
11-19-2002, 03:50 PM
WCF may be a punk, but you people such sissies. He made no comment about anyone's cousin or disability, he made a comment about Maddox. Get over yourselves.

The_Philster
11-19-2002, 03:58 PM
He made a moronic post totally devoid of thought....dumbest statement of the week on 2 boards.

WG
11-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Honestly folks, WCF only made a comment that even he stated would be controversial. However, controversy or poor taste does not mean a violation of the ToS.

Instead, just about every response in this thread has violated the ToS and has addressed him as if he's some sort of mental deviant with hostile motives. It seems that there may be issues w/ accepting the opinions of others on the simple merits of disagreements.

No one has a freaking clue what the physical status is of anyone on these message boards. It is impossible to know since all we do is see what people print here. There're no photos, no non-verbal communications other than smilies, nothing to indicate that someone may in fact be a very nice person.

I know of several people too who have suffered similar maladies. Nonetheless, that doesn't give anyone the right to venomously call people names or say other nasty things about them simply b/c you may have been offended. It's a good thing to learn to be able to accept criticism and offense in going thru life. It helps people grow as people.

I'm a little appalled at how hostile some people seem to get simply b/c someone else's views don't particularly agree w/ their own. On WCF, he said not a word to anyone personally! Nothing! Yet he gets called some names that are way out of line w/ our ToS.

I say the worse offense is of those who retorted back maliciously.

There seems to be a lot of anger around here. I would suggest that if such things bother anyone so much, that they do some introspection as to why that is. While WCF's post may have been in poor taste, it did not attack anyone as he has been attacked following it. Nor was it any violation of any of our ToS.

Please consider that.

The_Philster
11-19-2002, 04:38 PM
:10: Wys

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks Wys, for a moment there I thought I was promoting for the KKK or something....I never meant to offend anyone physically handicapped, I didnt even make fun of Maddox or anything about his injury....I simply stated that I believe it wasnt all he made it out to be...I dont have anything to back it up and I dont blame anybody for not having my point of view nor do I call you a POS for not believing me,but it was just my thoughts I dont think I should be called a POS just for expressing my thoughts....although I am thick-skinned and hardly ever complain about any personal attack I suggest a Mod take appropriate action to give a warning to everybody....I was starting to get to a point to get down to your level and start the name calling but I recognize things would get ugly....and I dont know about you guys but I like posting here and I try to follow TOS to have that privilage.

WG
11-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Indeed. What's more, this attitude seems to be gaining momentum on these boards regarding any posts that particular posters simply disagree with. It's time for a good 'time-out' so that everyone can take a breath and relax and ask themselves why all of these football related issues make them become Mr. Hyde.

Don't even make me get Dr. Phil out here. He's gone thru quite a few gloves since he's been around....

:D

JJamezz
11-19-2002, 05:35 PM
I agree that this thread got a bit out of hand, but there is no more of an excuse for initial post than any of the replies, with the exception I guess of calling someone a piece of ****.

I don't think WCF meant to personally offend anyone, at least in the way that actually occurred, but when you make a post like that, you're going to hit a nerve with some people. All I ask is that people try to be more cognisant of that fact and every now and again, see it better to not make a certain post (or say a certain thing), for that reason.

I didn't mean for my initial reply to be a personal attack - it was more of my feelings on people in general - but due to my experiences in life, it definitely did hit a nerve.

JJamezz
11-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Don't even make me get Dr. Phil out here. He's gone thru quite a few gloves since he's been around....

:D

:lol:

Oh, I'll BET he has!!! :biggrin:

colin
11-19-2002, 05:56 PM
While it is not likely in my opinion, Maddox may have been doing some faking. It is just as relevant as anyother non Buffalo Bill post on this board.

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 06:24 PM
"He is perfectly normal. Everything is absolutely, perfectly normal.''

Maddox also recovered much more quickly than normal from his cerebral concussion, the injury that led former quarterbacks Steve Young and Troy Aikman to retire.

ESPN.com ......just keeping my eye on it. ;)