X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewpac
    • Jul 2002

Playoff Hopes Die in Two Weeks...

As much as I want to believe the Bills will make the playoffs, I just don't see it happening. I've been thinking a lot about that Cincy game and I really don't think we're gonna pull out the win. There are three things that lead me to feel this way:

(1) Cincy is just as hot as we are. The Bungles are 5-2 over their last 7 games with their only losses being squeakers to Tenn on the road and Pitt at home. They very easily could have won all seven of those games. During their streak they've defeated a couple of very solid teams in Balt and Denver. Their other three victories were decisive wins over lesser teams.

(2) The Bills "Hot" streak has come primarily against crappy teams. I believe this streak has masked the fact that we are still a mediocre team. During our 6-2 stretch we've only played what I would consider three good teams. We narrowly won against the Jets at home, and we were manhandled by the Pats and Ravens on the road. The rest of the teams we played during this stretch were awful (the Rams and Hawks would have 3 wins apiece if they were in the AFC).

(3) The game is in Cincy. This is the most important factor. We've only played one good road game all season. Bledsoe is due for a "nightmare" game soon. And the defense has shown they are susceptible to a good passing team on the road. Add to this the fact that their stadium will be rocking. This game will be played in a playoff atmosphere. I think that alone will be too tough to overcome. I believe our only hope is if NE crushes the Bengals this weekend and knocks the wind out of their sails. If this occurs, I give us a chance.
  • clumping platelets

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
      I ditto that and add if we lose it is Drewpac's fault

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Not only do we beat cincy. We beat Cincy with the Passing game. Drew will not allow himself to fall and take this team out of the running. And when we will and beat the bungles I suggest you change your name to Carsonpac I bet the mods could arrange it.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Losing to the Browns would suck.

Byrd.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Thanks a lot Drewpac, merry christmas to you too.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
              As much as I want to believe the Bills will make the playoffs, I just don't see it happening. I've been thinking a lot about that Cincy game and I really don't think we're gonna pull out the win. There are three things that lead me to feel this way:

(1) Cincy is just as hot as we are. The Bungles are 5-2 over their last 7 games with their only losses being squeakers to Tenn on the road and Pitt at home. They very easily could have won all seven of those games. During their streak they've defeated a couple of very solid teams in Balt and Denver. Their other three victories were decisive wins over lesser teams.

(2) The Bills "Hot" streak has come primarily against crappy teams. I believe this streak has masked the fact that we are still a mediocre team. During our 6-2 stretch we've only played what I would consider three good teams. We narrowly won against the Jets at home, and we were manhandled by the Pats and Ravens on the road. The rest of the teams we played during this stretch were awful (the Rams and Hawks would have 3 wins apiece if they were in the AFC).

(3) The game is in Cincy. This is the most important factor. We've only played one good road game all season. Bledsoe is due for a "nightmare" game soon. And the defense has shown they are susceptible to a good passing team on the road. Add to this the fact that their stadium will be rocking. This game will be played in a playoff atmosphere. I think that alone will be too tough to overcome. I believe our only hope is if NE crushes the Bengals this weekend and knocks the wind out of their sails. If this occurs, I give us a chance.
              On a cold windy day in December? I'll take McGahee and our DL/LB to beat Johnson and their DL/RB...although I wish this game was in Buffalo.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

drew always beats crappy teams.. and he may not be aware that they are good yet.. therefore he may beat them..

if someone tells him that they are good though.. look out.. drew will automatically turn the ball over 4 times.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Drewpac
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                  I ditto that and add if we lose it is Drewpac's fault
                  But think of how good it will feel to bump this thread and watch me eat crow if we win.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    Thanks a lot Drewpac, merry christmas to you too.

:bikerbabe
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Drewpac
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      drew always beats crappy teams.. and he may not be aware that they are good yet.. therefore he may beat them..

if someone tells him that they are good though.. look out.. drew will automatically turn the ball over 4 times.
                      Good point. But Drew doesn't always beat crappy teams on the road. Look no further than the Raiders game this year and the Houston game last year. If the Cincy game was at home I would almost guarantee a Bills' victory.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Drewpac
                        But think of how good it will feel to bump this thread and watch me eat crow if we win.
                        But I'm curious as to the motivation for the post. Is it:

a) predicting failure insulates your feelings from a let down if we do lose.
                        b) you enjoy being able to say "I was right" if Drew does have a bad game.
                        c) You're just a negative Nancy and the day after a nice win you feel the urge to piss in everyone's cornflakes.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

Comment

• Drewpac
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                            Not only do we beat cincy. We beat Cincy with the Passing game. Drew will not allow himself to fall and take this team out of the running.
                            I'm sure you say the same thing before every game vs the Pats. I've heard this "drew will not allow himself to fail" baloney so many times I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. If we beat Cincy it will be because of the D, big ST's plays, and McGahee.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              Not only do we beat cincy. We beat Cincy with the Passing game. Drew will not allow himself to fall and take this team out of the running. And when we will and beat the bungles I suggest you change your name to Carsonpac I bet the mods could arrange it.
                              Yeah, it is something that can be done.

Comment

Working...
                              X