PDA

View Full Version : instead of talking about who needs to go, lets talk about who needs to stay!

Tatonka
11-19-2002, 01:00 AM
these are my thoughts on guys we absolutely should keep...

On offense -

bledsoe - we finally have a qb
henry - a young superstar in the making (if used correctly)

the whole offensive line - they should only get better
moore - great value at te

moulds - obviously
reed - i would LIKE to have price stay, but he is not an must... germany will be back next year too, dont forget

On defense -
schobel - i believe with a good coach, he could be special
williams - the only true stud we have on defense
edwards - not saying he should remain a starter, but i like how he is coming along ... *see schobel... would be great for a rotation

fletcher - leader on d
newman - i believe he is being misused, but has alot of talent

winfield - obviously
clements - obviously
wire - he will continue to develope

Not a bad base IMHO

:ontome:

WG
11-19-2002, 02:18 AM
Bledsoe: If used properly w/ a good rushing game to defray the pressure off of him can be outstanding. We need to quit putting emphasis on yards passing and start putting emphasis on games won via good balance. Drew may give a little up in career yardage stats, but he'll be yards ahead in the Ws category and in leadership.

Henry: While he's taking quite a bit of heat, the fact of the matter is that he has seriously altered his fumbling habits. Knock on wood. He is starting to look like the rusher that I didn't think he would and a top notch NFL RB. The current coaching staff does not utilize him properly however.

OL: OL is young and is improving week in and week out. They have been arguably the most consistent piece of the Bills O the entire season. We still need a depth player and a bonafide OG if Sullivan doesn't pan out to be a clear-cut starter. Replace Teague next season after seeing how well he plays next season first.

TE: Moore will be good for next year but he's getting up in age. We'll need to find a replacement. JR at his salary shouldn't be kept around.

WR: Moulds is very good. Reed is the real deal. Other backups seem adequate although they've hardly been used. Price should be let go if he wants more than $2M or so. WRs are a dime-a-dozen and I'm sure anyone of a dozen FAs could fill in for Price w/o missing a beat.

K: Hollis is adequate although a little competition in camp wouldn't hurt.

P: Moorman's a keeper!

DL: Pat Williams After him we need 3 other starters. Keep Edwards, Irons, Ahanotu (who is getting to that age) as backups. Schobel, it will be interesting to see how he plays with a decent starting DL around him.

LB: Keep Fletcher only b/c his contracts demands that we do. Newman stays. Robinson goes! Spoon is back. We need depth and possibly a starter.

DBs: Cut Watson or make sure we have two others ahead of him and use him as our 5th CB. I'd like to see Wire in his second season before giving up on him as many have. Prioleau is not playing poorly although he can stand to improve as well.

Coaches: Rid ourselves of Gray, Gilbride, and possibly some others. Smith? I'd say GW, but can we really afford to clean house again? Or will it be one step forward, two steps back?

If we can get Marvin Lewis, I say let's go for it!

shelby
11-19-2002, 04:53 AM
wys...you complimented Henry...are you feeling ok?!?!??! :ill:

:biggrin:

Don't give up on Wire y'all!!

WCoastFin
11-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
these are my thoughts on guys we absolutely should keep...

On offense -

bledsoe - we finally have a qb
henry - a young superstar in the making (if used correctly)

the whole offensive line - they should only get better
moore - great value at te

moulds - obviously
reed - i would LIKE to have price stay, but he is not an must... germany will be back next year too, dont forget

On defense -
schobel - i believe with a good coach, he could be special
williams - the only true stud we have on defense
edwards - not saying he should remain a starter, but i like how he is coming along ... *see schobel... would be great for a rotation

fletcher - leader on d
newman - i believe he is being misused, but has alot of talent

winfield - obviously
clements - obviously
wire - he will continue to develope

Not a bad base IMHO

:ontome:

Bledsoe-now is a good time to trade him while he still has value, Bills are going no where with him.
Henry-with an average passing threat this guy aint nothing.

O-Line-I dont think they can get any better
Moore-injury prone and has dissapeared from the offense

Moulds-keeper,however if the Bills keep losing Im not sure how long he'll want to stay, dont be surprised if hes starts playing basketball.
Reed-although having a solid Rookie Year it would be a gamble not to re-sign Price (who is experianced). We still have to see how he does being a starter and not in the slot.

vabillsfan
11-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Trade Bledsoe while we can still get something for him? What turnip truck did you fall out of man?

Stick to prognosticating for your fish -you clearly know nothing about the Bills.

See you on 12/1 when we SWEEP you.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Maybe we could get Feidler and Lucas for him YEAAAAAAAAA. WCF you total lack of knowledge in this game never ceases to surprise me. Everytime you post, its good for all. Gives us our daily chuckle.
I say pretty good analysis by both Wys and Tatonka.