• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Great quote by Miami's DE David Bowens

"He's a big boy back there," Dolphins defensive end David Bowens said of Bledsoe. "Trying to tackle him is like going after a tackle." more
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

"I smell it," Buffalo linebacker Takeo Spikes said. "I think we've got something really good right now. This is the first time I've experienced this late in a season where I've had something to play for. It's amazing."
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

This is one huge positive about Drew. Call him a statue, but it goes both ways, he may be immoble but its like trying to take down a monument when you go after him. I always laugh when a corner comes on a blitz, hits him, and is shrugged off.

Also good to see Takeo fired up! He quietly had a great game yesterday, too!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

"I didn't know what was happening," Williams said. "All of a sudden the ball was near me and I wound up with it, and I took off for the end zone. I was laughing on the way to the goal line, but I was tired when I got there. When I went to the sideline, I told some guys to get out of my way because I needed to sit down."

It's funny when you hear how a professional athlete runs 20-30 yards and is so winded he needs to sit down and get an oxygen feed. I realize he's 300+ pounds and is as strong as an ox, but it's still kinda funny.

He moved pretty damn fast for an ox though I have to admit.

Comment

Working...
        X