PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note...

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 12:10 PM
ESPN now actually has us on their playoff race page...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1928367

lordofgun
12-06-2004, 12:12 PM
It would be a travesty if Atlanta got a first-round bye. :puke:

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 12:14 PM
It would be a travesty if Atlanta got a first-round bye. :puke:
How did the NFC become so putrid??

Tatonka
12-06-2004, 12:25 PM
one ****** win in one of those close early games and we are right up in the mix

Iehoshua
12-06-2004, 12:27 PM
one ****** win in one of those close early games and we are right up in the mix

My thoughts exactly, a W over the Jags or the Ravens... or both.
:sadwalk:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 12:29 PM
<TABLE id=inlinetable style="WIDTH: 519px; HEIGHT: 476px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=519 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" colSpan=6>AFC playoff race</TH><TH style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" colSpan=6>NFC playoff race</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=80>Team</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>W</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>L</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>T</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Div</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Conf</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=90>Team</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>W</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>L</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>T</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Div</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Conf</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>1. Steelers </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>8-1 </TD><TD>1. Eagles(z) </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-0 </TD><TD>9-0 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>2. Patriots </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-0 </TD><TD>8-1 </TD><TD>2. Falcons </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-1 </TD><TD>7-2 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>3. Chargers </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>7-2 </TD><TD>3. Packers </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-1 </TD><TD>6-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>4. Colts </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>5-3 </TD><TD>4. Seattle </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-3 </TD><TD>5-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>5. Jets </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-2 </TD><TD>7-3 </TD><TD>5. Vikings </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>6. Ravens </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>5-4 </TD><TD>6. Rams </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>5-0 </TD><TD>6-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Broncos </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD><TD>Panthers </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-1 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Jaguars </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-3 </TD><TD>5-5 </TD><TD>Lions </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>1-2 </TD><TD>4-5 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Bengals </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-4 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD><TD>Bucs </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-5 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Bills </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>3-6 </TD><TD>Giants </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Bears </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Looking at this, we really have slim to no chance IMO. The Jets are not going to lose out, so they will lock up the 5th spot.

If we go 10-6, we can only get in if we are not tied with the Ravens, Jags or Broncos. They all have the advantage (Ravens/Jags have H2H, and Denver has the better AFC record). So that means those 3 teams will have to finish 2-2 or worse, while we need to be 4-0.

If we go 9-7, same thing applies, even if those other teams finish 9-7. They win the TB.

As for Cincy, they are the most "beatable" given we haven't lost to them and our records are even. But the fact that there are 3 other teams positioned in front of us really makes it almost impossible. But hey, who knows, right? :;

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 12:34 PM
If we go 10-6, we can only get in if we are not tied with the Ravens, Jags or Broncos. They all have the advantage (Ravens/Jags have H2H, and Denver has the better AFC record). So that means those 3 teams will have to finish 2-2 or worse, while we need to be 4-0.

If we go 9-7, same thing applies, even if those other teams finish 9-7. They win the TB.

As for Cincy, they are the most "beatable" given we haven't lost to them and our records are even. But the fact that there are 3 other teams positioned in front of us really makes it almost impossible.
Not so impossible if you look at who those three teams are playing the last four weeks. 2-2 for the ravens and broncos is not out of the question by any means. And one loss by the Jags is most certainly not out of the question. The biggest question mark is really the Bills themselves. I have confidence for them against the Bengals... I don't think it's going to be as bad as some think. The big question is if we can come to play against the Steelers. If playoffs are on the line for us and Pittsburgh's hoome field advantage, or lack thereof, is signed sealed and delivered by week 17, our chances are not that bad... especially with the game in Buffalo. If we win out, we deserve to be in the playoffs, and if we win out, our chances are not that bad at all.

FTG
12-06-2004, 12:36 PM
The Ravens, Broncos, and Jags will all finish 9-7 IMO. If we win out we will get in. I just don't see us winning out. We will lose to either Cinci or the Steelers

FTG
12-06-2004, 12:39 PM
If Nate Clements had just knocked the damn ball down we sure would be looking good right now. :mad:

Michael82
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
If Nate Clements had just knocked the damn ball down we sure would be looking good right now. :mad:
Did you have to remind us? :mad:

OpIv37
12-06-2004, 01:34 PM
ESPN now actually has us on their playoff race page...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1928367

ESPN also had us listed on their playoff scenario graphic last week. I know it's a long shot but man, it's glorious....

Typ0
12-06-2004, 04:33 PM
It's pretty clear we were one player away from a great shot at a playoff berth...and that player was Lawyer Milloy earlier in the season.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
It's pretty clear we were one player away from a great shot at a playoff berth...and that player was Lawyer Milloy earlier in the season.
I agree we were one player away from a great shot at a playoff berth, although I'm thinking about a different one. And I bet you can guess who that is. :snicker:

helmetguy
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, we can guess. He should come of the bench for Clemens, played CB for a series, knocked the ball down, then stayed on the field to kneel it out. Or, we coulda outbid Washington for Brunell. Or, we coulda fired TD and hired the as yet unidentified (and unemployed) personnel genius as GM. Or, we coulda hired Tom Coughlin, so that JP could jump start the offense on his one good leg. Or.....

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Yeah, we can guess. He should come of the bench for Clemens, played CB for a series, knocked the ball down, then stayed on the field to kneel it out. Or, we coulda outbid Washington for Brunell. Or, we coulda fired TD and hired the as yet unidentified (and unemployed) personnel genius as GM. Or, we coulda hired Tom Coughlin, so that JP could jump start the offense on his one good leg. Or.........the Bills can have a 4th consecutive non-playoff year and you can be happy about it.

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
....the Bills can have a 4th consecutive non-playoff year and you can be happy about it.
good god... give it a freakin rest

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:37 PM
good god... give it a freakin rest
:rolleyes: You know that'll never happen

Shiny Chicken
12-06-2004, 06:49 PM
:rolleyes: You know that'll never happen
I"m not even close to amonth the most fervent Drew supporters... I have issues with him myself... but that sort of attitusde is just getting really annoying.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
I"m not even close to amonth the most fervent Drew supporters... I have issues with him myself... but that sort of attitusde is just getting really annoying.
same here. Thing is, in his eyes, you're probably a member of this Drew Love Crew that he and his buddies keep crowing about. I was listening to Howard Simon on WGR this morning on the way to work and he was talking exactly like me. He, like me, was ready to bench Drew a month ago. Mularkey didn't and Drew has proven he made the right call. :up:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
good god... give it a freakin restAnd helmetguy wasn't the one to start it? My reply to typ0 was a JOKE, as you can see with the snicker. Helmetguy clearly attacked with an obnoxious post. I may just simplify things and /ignore him at this point to avoid dealing with that kind of poster, same as I did with philster (although he was more personal in his attacks).

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:59 PM
I may just simplify things and /ignore him at this point to avoid dealing with that kind of poster, same as I did with philster.Good call...ignore everyone you may learn from :up:

ScottLawrence
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
<TABLE id=inlinetable style="WIDTH: 519px; HEIGHT: 476px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=519 border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" colSpan=6>AFC playoff race</TH><TH style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" colSpan=6>NFC playoff race</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=80>Team</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>W</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>L</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>T</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Div</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Conf</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=90>Team</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>W</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>L</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>T</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Div</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #999999" width=27>Conf</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>1. Steelers </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>8-1 </TD><TD>1. Eagles(z) </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-0 </TD><TD>9-0 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>2. Patriots </TD><TD>11 </TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-0 </TD><TD>8-1 </TD><TD>2. Falcons </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-1 </TD><TD>7-2 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>3. Chargers </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>7-2 </TD><TD>3. Packers </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-1 </TD><TD>6-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>4. Colts </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>4-1 </TD><TD>5-3 </TD><TD>4. Seattle </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-3 </TD><TD>5-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>5. Jets </TD><TD>9 </TD><TD>3 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-2 </TD><TD>7-3 </TD><TD>5. Vikings </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>6. Ravens </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>5-4 </TD><TD>6. Rams </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>5-0 </TD><TD>6-3 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Broncos </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD><TD>Panthers </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-1 </TD><TD>4-4 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Jaguars </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-3 </TD><TD>5-5 </TD><TD>Lions </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>1-2 </TD><TD>4-5 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Bengals </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-4 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD><TD>Bucs </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-5 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD>Bills </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>6 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>3-3 </TD><TD>3-6 </TD><TD>Giants </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Bears </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>7 </TD><TD>0 </TD><TD>2-2 </TD><TD>4-6 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Looking at this, we really have slim to no chance IMO. The Jets are not going to lose out, so they will lock up the 5th spot.

As for Cincy, they are the most "beatable" given we haven't lost to them and our records are even. But the fact that there are 3 other teams positioned in front of us really makes it almost impossible. But hey, who knows, right? :;

Take a look at the Ravens,Broncos schedule.

Ravens:
New York(G)
@Pittsburgh
@Indianapolis
Miami

They'll go 2-2 and finish 9-7.

Broncos:
Miami
@Kansas City
@Tennessee
Indianapolis

All games(except for Miami) can go either way.(I think they finish 10-6 and win the wild card but, like I said, there last 3 games can go either way)

And Jacksonville only needs to lose one more game.(Which will be in Green bay two weeks from now)

IMO, if the Bills win out, we have a very legit shot at the last wild card but, I think they will lose in Cincinnati in two weeks.(Bledsoes last start as a Bill)

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
And helmetguy wasn't the one to start it? My reply to typ0 was a JOKE, as you can see with the snicker. Helmetguy clearly attacked with an obnoxious post. I may just simplify things and /ignore him at this point to avoid dealing with that kind of poster, same as I did with philster (although he was more personal in his attacks).

One obnoxious post deserves another and i would love to see some evidence of philster "personally" attacking you.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 07:07 PM
And helmetguy wasn't the one to start it? My reply to typ0 was a JOKE, as you can see with the snicker. Helmetguy clearly attacked with an obnoxious post. I may just simplify things and /ignore him at this point to avoid dealing with that kind of poster, same as I did with philster (although he was more personal in his attacks).

Ever wonder why this guy has such a long ignore list and is constantly being "personaly attacked"?

(he can't read my reply thanks to his ignore list, as i again personally attacked him)

and everyone knows that The_Philster and Helmet are constantly attacking people. i mean have they ever posted something that wasn't attacking someone? :rolleyes:

maybe it's the fact that no one is allowed to feel good or get their hopes up, as he drones on and on like a broken record?

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
quite frankly, if someone makes a stupid post, people have every right to attack that post, IMO :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 07:14 PM
One obnoxious post deserves another and i would love to see some evidence of philster "personally" attacking you.
I'm sure you would but I'm not going to open that can of worms. If you want to say I'm backpedalling, go ahead. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Suffice it to say that he and I PMed in the past and I thought we had moved past our differences, but then he fired off a couple more personal shots via rep comments and that was it for me. I don't want to deal with crap like that so the simple answer is /ignore. That's what the function is there for. You can /ignore me, I can /ignore you.....everybody wins.

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Ever wonder why this guy has such a long ignore list and is constantly being "personaly attacked"?

(he can't read my reply thanks to his ignore list, as i again personally attacked him)

and everyone knows that The_Philster and Helmet are constantly attacking people. i mean have they ever posted something that wasn't attacking someone? :rolleyes:

maybe it's the fact that no one is allowed to feel good or get their hopes up, as he drones on and on like a broken record?

You hit it on the head. I know Phil and Helmet are always attacking me. Im about to put them on ignore. They are a couple of a$$e$:snicker2:

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm sure you would but I'm not going to open that can of worms. If you want to say I'm backpedalling, go ahead. I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Suffice it to say that he and I PMed in the past and I thought we had moved past our differences, but then he fired off a couple more personal shots via rep comments and that was it for me. I don't want to deal with crap like that so the simple answer is /ignore. That's what the function is there for. You can /ignore me, I can /ignore you.....everybody wins.

when you say someone personally attacks you, you should come up with some proof, thats a pretty big charge to be throwing around.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
You hit it on the head. I know Phil and Helmet are always attacking me. Im about to put them on ignore. They are a couple of a$$e$:snicker2:
we'll just haveta remember this on Sunday, won't we, helmetguy? :D

FTG
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM

You never ragged on Drew like we did. Phil and I have gone past the TOS a couple times when arguing about Drew. I think he'll admit that.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:21 PM
You never ragged on Drew like we did. Phil and I have gone past the TOS a couple times when arguing about Drew. I think he'll admit that.
yeah...but we backed off on it as well...we've met, I know you're ok ...just a little :coocoo: :; :D

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:24 PM
we'll just haveta remember this on Sunday, won't we, helmetguy? :D

As long as i get some of Helmet's chili on sunday we're cool.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:25 PM
As long as i get some of Helmet's chili on sunday we're cool.
sure...just no guarantees about it being in a bowl :laughter:

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:26 PM
sure...just no guarantees about it being in a bowl :laughter:

Is it gonna be like the 0-6 doughnuts?

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
:spit:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
At first it was just a severe difference of opinion and then tons of miscommunication, mostly as you say about Drew and TD. But then it got more personal and that's where I drew (no pun intended) the line. I don't care to be honest though....he can say whatever and I only have to read it if someone quotes him.

Oh and now that I see canadien's post via cordogs quote....funny that he would be the one to mention how long my list is. It has 3 people on it - philster, him and ticat. But I /ignored him not because of personal attacks. It was because of the content of his posts was so bad (in the political forum) that I simply couldn't stand reading them.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
At first it was just a severe difference of opinion and then tons of miscommunication, mostly as you say about Drew and TD. But then it got more personal and that's where I drew (no pun intended) the line. I don't care to be honest though....he can say whatever and I only have to read it if someone quotes him.

Oh and now that I see canadien's post via cordogs quote....funny that he would be the one to mention how long my list is. It has 3 people on it - philster, him and ticat. But I /ignored him not because of personal attacks. It was because of the content of his posts was so bad (in the political forum) that I simply couldn't stand reading them.

LOL... the content was so bad because i used logical arguements to disagree with him. I've never been more proud to be on an ignore list.

FTG
12-06-2004, 07:33 PM
yeah...but we backed off on it as well...we've met, I know you're ok ...just a little :coocoo: :; :D

Damn right. Push me to far and :crazed: :chuk: :rock: :punch: :smashfrea :machgun: :freddy:

:evil: