X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Cleveland scouting report...

The Pats played Cleveland this week, and I'm here to tell you that they are an awful team as currently constituted.

How awful? IMO, right now the only team worse might be San Francisco. That's right, I think Miami would beat them.

Offensively, they still have some talent, but they are playing a rookie QB. Granted, McCown threw some good passes and may develop into a good player, but he is jittery in the pocket and will make mistakes.

Their defense is really bad. The Pats didn't even really play very well on offense, turning the ball over twice, and they could have scored a lot more.

I'm telling you, the Bills will win big next week.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I was watching some of that game at the same time as the Bills game. You guys literally took a **** on them. I hope we can do the same.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by NE39
      The Pats played Cleveland this week, and I'm here to tell you that they are an awful team as currently constituted.

How awful? IMO, right now the only team worse might be San Francisco. That's right, I think Miami would beat them.

Offensively, they still have some talent, but they are playing a rookie QB. Granted, McCown threw some good passes and may develop into a good player, but he is jittery in the pocket and will make mistakes.

Their defense is really bad. The Pats didn't even really play very well on offense, turning the ball over twice, and they could have scored a lot more.

I'm telling you, the Bills will win big next week.
      Miami has a good Defense and have played both the Pats and Bills tough this season, I Hope the Browns are as sorry as the Niners.

TV can hopefully use this week to get comfortable at the FS position.. Bakers lack of tackles could hurt this team against Rudy Johnson and the Bengals.
      Last edited by juice; 12-06-2004, 01:24 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Good news
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by juice

TV can hopefully use this week to get comfortable at the FS position.. Bakers lack of tackles could hurt this team against Rudy Johnson and the Bengals.
          I'm not sure that I'd break up a winning combination at this point, even if Vincent is healthy. I think Baker is settling in nicely at FS, and McGee is improving steadily at the corner. Baker's rapid development may put a crimp in the Vincent-to-FS plan.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Bakers lack of tackles?

the kid is playing good.. he is the last line of defense.. he is not supposed to have to make a bunch of tackles right? that was the excuse that you used for Reese, Juice.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i bet minnesota thought chicago really sucked last week too.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I hope they are as bad as reported. I would love to see JP come in and see some action for at least a qtr.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  Bakers lack of tackles?

the kid is playing good.. he is the last line of defense.. he is not supposed to have to make a bunch of tackles right? that was the excuse that you used for Reese, Juice.
                  That Last Line of Defense was suspect against the Phins pathetic Offense.. If he cant be effective against the Bengals in Run Defense, Rudy will run wild like Dillon did, and Chad Johnson will expose Baker on deep routes, just like in the Miami Game.. Feeley had over 300 yards didn't he.. I'd rather have Vincent back there against Chad Johnson and that offense that put up 50 points last week.

Baker needs more than 1 assist per game to keep Vincent out.. That Assist will have him on the Pine this week against the Browns.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

i bet minnesota thought chicago really sucked last week too.
                    You had to see the game. The Pats weren't as crisp as usual, either, but I think that was partly because of whom they were playing. The game had the feel of a preseason affair. It seemed like Cleveland wasn't sure what they wanted to do, they were just running plays.

I know where your coming from, and maybe I'm judging too much on one game. I was just real surprised. I thought they would be more competitive, given how they have played some teams tough this year.

I think offensively, they may be able to score some. Antonio Bryant is making big plays, and they have some talent. The rookie, McCown, looked pretty good, although he is way to jumpy in the pocket. He takes off sideways at the first sign of pressure, and doesn't step up in the pocket.

Defensively, they make some plays, but they are stunningly inconsistent. They will make a couple decent plays, and they be completely out-to-lunch on the next. They have the look of a team that just got stuck together, they lack any cohesion.

Again, Cleveland looked like it was preseason and they didn't gameplan.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Bakers lack of tackles?

Actually Tonk What I said was that we didn't need a Cover Challenged FS like Coy Wire who was completely one Dimensional and plays like a LBer..

You went on and on about how Coy Wire would be a stellar FS and would make the SMOOTH TRANSITION from SS. If we had that Raider game back where Baker Blew the coverage we'd be one game out of a WildCard. Your a scarey judge of Talent Tonk.. First Coy and now the Rookie over Troy.. Have you ever played the Position? Your 0-2 as a DB position coach.

Lets See..TV or the undrafted Rookie Free Agent, I think I'd go with TV, You probably want to bring Coy in on Nickle Defense.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Like I said...

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I'm not sure that I'd break up a winning combination at this point, even if Vincent is healthy. I think Baker is settling in nicely at FS, and McGee is improving steadily at the corner. Baker's rapid development may put a crimp in the Vincent-to-FS plan.
                          I think Bakers lack of a single Tackle speaks volumes about which player is going to be the starting FS.. Baker has struggled in pass defense and has been less than spectacular in total # of Tackles.

I tend to worry about Undrafted Rookies starting in the secondary.. a FS needs to have experience reading offenses and QB tendancies.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Like I said...
                            You definitely called it. Your prediction on Cinci?

Knock off Jets for us in two weeks please.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

oh, so they LET Brady get sacked?
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X