X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

What is this quote from Spikes saying?

"He's taken more heat than anybody," said linebacker Takeo Spikes. "So I think it shows his character as a person. I've been on some teams where I had some horrible quarterbacks. What he's been taking as a player, I've seen it. I saw it from fans. More so, I saw it from the players in the locker room. So my hat's off to him.

Is he saying Drew was taking heat from players in the locker room for his play?

next to last paragraph
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
    "He's taken more heat than anybody," said linebacker Takeo Spikes. "So I think it shows his character as a person. I've been on some teams where I had some horrible quarterbacks. What he's been taking as a player, I've seen it. I saw it from fans. More so, I saw it from the players in the locker room. So my hat's off to him.

next to last paragraph
    I think he is saying..."to Drew detractors everywhere....STFU."

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Drewpac
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG

next to last paragraph
      I brought this up in an earlier thread. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=61026

It definitely appears that was what Spikes meant. His next quote is even more telling. It appears as if Spikes himself might have been one of the players giving Bledsoe "heat". I can't blame the guys for being down on Drew. He sucked pretty bad until the last three weeks.

Comment

• Charlieguide
        Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        I think he is saying..."to Drew detractors everywhere....STFU."

Does it matter to whom he is referring? I heard the same type of quote on ESPN's Monday Quarterback from Ditka, and Wingo and EA agreed.
        The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
          He sucked pretty bad until the last three weeks.
          Not like some might think. He hasn't been great, but he's actually been solid for most of the year. Not $8.5 million solid, but decent none-the-less. Oakland wasn't pretty, Baltimore and NE two were pathetic. Other than that, he's been okay. NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. Above average in most outings, but the big problem is that when he's bad, he's real bad. There's no such thing as the normal tough game with him. Here are the game performances up through last week. We all obviously know that this week was the best of the bunch.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
            Not like some might think. He hasn't been great, but he's actually been solid for most of the year. Not $8.5 million solid, but decent none-the-less. Oakland wasn't pretty, Baltimore and NE two were pathetic. Other than that, he's been okay. NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. Above average in most outings, but the big problem is that when he's bad, he's real bad. There's no such thing as the normal tough game with him. Here are the game performances up through last week. We all obviously know that this week was the best of the bunch.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2004
            it's Drew's new toupee...does wonders.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2004
              You're right. Thanks for the correction. Throw out the NE, Oak, and Balt games and he's been pretty solid. I guess those games were just so bad they felt like multiple games in my mind.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                You're right. Thanks for the correction. Throw out the NE, Oak, and Balt games and he's been pretty solid. I guess those games were just so bad they felt like multiple games in my mind.
                got to include the first half of the NYJets game...

...not to defend DB too much but take a look at the bad games he was having...NE, Balt, NY Jets...the whole team sucked those days.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  ...not to defend DB too much
                  As if there was ever any doubt you would ever do such a thing.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by FTG

next to last paragraph
                    This is one of the primary reasons I wanted Drew pulled in addition to just his crappy play. He demoralized players and caused them to lose faith in him as a QB, and it showed. Now that they are winning some games, everyone is huggy huggy again with him. It's always that way. That will dissappear in a new york minute as soon as they lose.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      This is one of the primary reasons I wanted Drew pulled in addition to just his crappy play. He demoralized players and caused them to lose faith in him as a QB, and it showed. Now that they are winning some games, everyone is huggy huggy again with him. It's always that way. That will dissappear in a new york minute as soon as they lose.

Right... you get all that from one quote that is nto really clearly stated. Or of course you are in the locker room and have persoanl knowledge that the team hates Drew and has no faith in him.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                        Right... you get all that from one quote that is nto really clearly stated. Or of course you are in the locker room and have persoanl knowledge that the team hates Drew and has no faith in him.
                        Mr. Cynical knows all
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• cordog
                          eat, drink, and be merry
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          This may be the funniest thing i have ever read!!

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2004
                            Watchout, if you say anything positive about Bledsoe your a drew lover!

Comment

• FTG
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cordog
                              Watchout, if you say anything positive about Bledsoe your a drew lover!
                              Just like if you rip on Drew you're a drew hater. Don't act like it does'nt go both ways. Why can't we have our opinion on Drew(backed up by a lot of sheety games) without being called a "hater"

It seems like a few of you are trying to bate Mr C into arguements the last couple days.
                              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X