PDA

View Full Version : What is this quote from Spikes saying?

FTG
12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
"He's taken more heat than anybody," said linebacker Takeo Spikes. "So I think it shows his character as a person. I've been on some teams where I had some horrible quarterbacks. What he's been taking as a player, I've seen it. I saw it from fans. More so, I saw it from the players in the locker room. So my hat's off to him.

Is he saying Drew was taking heat from players in the locker room for his play?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041206/1031983.asp

next to last paragraph

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 01:59 PM
"He's taken more heat than anybody," said linebacker Takeo Spikes. "So I think it shows his character as a person. I've been on some teams where I had some horrible quarterbacks. What he's been taking as a player, I've seen it. I saw it from fans. More so, I saw it from the players in the locker room. So my hat's off to him.

next to last paragraph
I think he is saying..."to Drew detractors everywhere....STFU."

Drewpac
12-06-2004, 02:14 PM

next to last paragraph

I brought this up in an earlier thread. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=61026

It definitely appears that was what Spikes meant. His next quote is even more telling. It appears as if Spikes himself might have been one of the players giving Bledsoe "heat". I can't blame the guys for being down on Drew. He sucked pretty bad until the last three weeks.

Charlieguide
12-06-2004, 02:15 PM
I think he is saying..."to Drew detractors everywhere....STFU."

:bf1: :up:

Does it matter to whom he is referring? I heard the same type of quote on ESPN's Monday Quarterback from Ditka, and Wingo and EA agreed.

TedMock
12-06-2004, 02:42 PM
He sucked pretty bad until the last three weeks.

Not like some might think. He hasn't been great, but he's actually been solid for most of the year. Not $8.5 million solid, but decent none-the-less. Oakland wasn't pretty, Baltimore and NE two were pathetic. Other than that, he's been okay. NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. Above average in most outings, but the big problem is that when he's bad, he's real bad. There's no such thing as the normal tough game with him. Here are the game performances up through last week. We all obviously know that this week was the best of the bunch.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041/gamelogs/2004

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Not like some might think. He hasn't been great, but he's actually been solid for most of the year. Not $8.5 million solid, but decent none-the-less. Oakland wasn't pretty, Baltimore and NE two were pathetic. Other than that, he's been okay. NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. Above average in most outings, but the big problem is that when he's bad, he's real bad. There's no such thing as the normal tough game with him. Here are the game performances up through last week. We all obviously know that this week was the best of the bunch.

it's Drew's new toupee...does wonders.

Drewpac
12-06-2004, 02:49 PM

You're right. Thanks for the correction. Throw out the NE, Oak, and Balt games and he's been pretty solid. I guess those games were just so bad they felt like multiple games in my mind.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
You're right. Thanks for the correction. Throw out the NE, Oak, and Balt games and he's been pretty solid. I guess those games were just so bad they felt like multiple games in my mind.
got to include the first half of the NYJets game...

...not to defend DB too much but take a look at the bad games he was having...NE, Balt, NY Jets...the whole team sucked those days.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:40 PM
...not to defend DB too much
As if there was ever any doubt you would ever do such a thing. :D

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:42 PM

next to last paragraph
This is one of the primary reasons I wanted Drew pulled in addition to just his crappy play. He demoralized players and caused them to lose faith in him as a QB, and it showed. Now that they are winning some games, everyone is huggy huggy again with him. It's always that way. That will dissappear in a new york minute as soon as they lose.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 05:54 PM
This is one of the primary reasons I wanted Drew pulled in addition to just his crappy play. He demoralized players and caused them to lose faith in him as a QB, and it showed. Now that they are winning some games, everyone is huggy huggy again with him. It's always that way. That will dissappear in a new york minute as soon as they lose.

Right... you get all that from one quote that is nto really clearly stated. Or of course you are in the locker room and have persoanl knowledge that the team hates Drew and has no faith in him.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Right... you get all that from one quote that is nto really clearly stated. Or of course you are in the locker room and have persoanl knowledge that the team hates Drew and has no faith in him.
Mr. Cynical knows all :hail:

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:31 PM

This may be the funniest thing i have ever read!!

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:32 PM
NO! I'm not some huge Bledsoe supporter either! I just think he's been okay this season. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041/gamelogs/2004

Watchout, if you say anything positive about Bledsoe your a drew lover!

FTG
12-06-2004, 07:41 PM

Just like if you rip on Drew you're a drew hater. Don't act like it does'nt go both ways. Why can't we have our opinion on Drew(backed up by a lot of sheety games) without being called a "hater"

It seems like a few of you are trying to bate Mr C into arguements the last couple days.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Just like if you rip on Drew you're a drew hater. .
problem with that statement is that a vast majority of us have ripped on Drew at times :scratch: It's just that there's very few that are willing to sacrifice this playoff run just to get rid of Drew

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Just like if you rip on Drew you're a drew hater. Don't act like it does'nt go both ways. Why can't we have our opinion on Drew(backed up by a lot of sheety games) without being called a "hater"

It seems like a few of you are trying to bate Mr C into arguements the last couple days.

I have ripped drew for crappy qb play in the past. It doesnt work both ways. Noone is trying to bate anyone into anything. I dont care who responds. Im just telling ya how it is. If Mr. C, you, or anyone else would like to respond, be my guest.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 07:50 PM

It seems like a few of you are trying to bate Mr C into arguements the last couple days.Thanks FTG. If it continues I'll just put helmet and cor on my ignore and the problem will be solved, even though I thought baiting was against the TOS....

Remember how quiet it was in October when we were 1-5 after the Ravens game, and a few of us "drew haters" gave a little back to the Ostrich Club for all the pounding we took beforehand? Well now that Drew has played better they want to start it up again.

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM

I would love to know how this is bating?? And why does Cynical have to anounce to everyone who he puts on ignore? Who cares?

FTG
12-06-2004, 07:56 PM
. It doesnt work both ways. .

like hell it does'nt

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
like hell it does'nt
like he and I said, we've all ripped on Drew at times. It's the people who want to bench him when he's playing well who are the real haters. Heck, I saw the argument that he hasn't won a Super Bowl so he won't win one...been in the NFL for 11 years so he can't do it. :scratch: Remind me...how long was Elway in the league before he won his first?

cordog
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
like hell it does'nt

Ive never tagged anyone a drew hater. I just cant stand people not giving some credit where credit is due. when he plays like crap everyone is in here talking crap, and deservedly so. I just want to see people give the guy some credit when he deserves it. so no it doesnt go both ways.

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Ive never tagged anyone a drew hater. I just cant stand people not giving some credit where credit is due. when he plays like crap everyone is in here talking crap, and deservedly so. I just want to see people give the guy some credit when he deserves it. so no it doesnt go both ways.

Yes it does. Even Mr C said he had a good game yesterday. There have been games (baltimore that I remember for sure) where certain posters were making excuses for Drew blaming all the int's on recievers. Thats going both ways.

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:06 PM
like he and I said, we've all ripped on Drew at times. It's the people who want to bench him when he's playing well who are the real haters. Heck, I saw the argument that he hasn't won a Super Bowl so he won't win one...been in the NFL for 11 years so he can't do it. :scratch: Remind me...how long was Elway in the league before he won his first?

Who wants to bench him right now while we are still in the playoff race? Who? I've not seen it.

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Yes it does. Even Mr C said he had a good game yesterday. There have been games (baltimore that I remember for sure) where certain posters were making excuses for Drew blaming all the int's on recievers. Thats going both ways.

Deions second one was a stupid stupid throw.

the tipped balls were tough to fault him completely on.

And for the record that 2nd New England Game was the worst game i've ever seen Drew play. I bet he has nightmares about that one. Sadly the rest of the teams was so bad too it was just a horrible day for Bills fans.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Ive never tagged anyone a drew hater. I just cant stand people not giving some credit where credit is due. when he plays like crap everyone is in here talking crap, and deservedly so. I just want to see people give the guy some credit when he deserves it. so no it doesnt go both ways.http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=60963

I was just about to create a thread like this but you beat me to it. :mad: :;

Drew had a good game today.So I fail to see where I did not give him credit. However, I still believe he is not the answer and have never waivered on that, nor will I. He has proven over time that he is not capable of being consistent against winning teams, and his playoff stats are terrible. He could prove me wrong, but after 11 years I can't see how anyone would think he is going to change. It would be different if he had been consistent for many years and just had one or two off seasons. But that's not the case. I'm hoping for the best but prepared for (and expect) the worst.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 08:18 PM
There have been games (baltimore that I remember for sure) where certain posters were making excuses for Drew blaming all the int's on recievers. Thats going both ways.are they still posting here? I, for one, was at that game and was blowing my stack about Drew's poor play...the pick below me that went right behind Moulds...all on Drew

cordog
12-06-2004, 08:19 PM
then you went on to say this
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=60955&page=1

I know you dont like drew, and i can respect that but you know people around here are labeled drew lovers just for rooting for him because he is the bills QB.

cordog
12-06-2004, 08:22 PM

well im not one of those posters, so for me it doesnt go both ways.

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:23 PM
well im not one of those posters, so for me it doesnt go both ways.

fair enough. I don't think I ever said you were

cordog
12-06-2004, 08:27 PM
fair enough. I don't think I ever said you were

never did, but dont tell me it goes both ways when im not in that category you were referring to.

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:30 PM
never did, but dont tell me it goes both ways when im not in that category you were referring to.

Don't assume people are talking about you when they say something like that

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 08:31 PM

coming from someone who won't admit he assumed i was saying something i wasn't.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
then you went on to say this
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=60955&page=1

I know you dont like drew, and i can respect that but you know people around here are labeled drew lovers just for rooting for him because he is the bills QB.
The title of that thread was "Drew Bledsoe will be here in 2005". To me that means a discussion about Drew in the long run, not about his performance in any single game.

I like Drew as a person but as a QB he has cost this team a ton of money and hasn't done anything to deserve it. He has held this team back IMO. I think the drew lover/hater thing got blown out of proportion over time because Drew plays to the extremes, which fuels both sides.

In the end I'm a Bills fan and I want to win so badly it drives me nuts, so I just don't have alot of patience to wait and hope for an 11 year vet to change his spots.

cordog
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM

maybe you should take some of your own medicine.

cordog
12-06-2004, 08:40 PM
In the end I'm a Bills fan and I want to win so badly it drives me nuts, so I just don't have alot of patience to wait and hope for an 11 year vet to change his spots.

And that is why we are both here. We wouldnt be debating this if it didnt mean something to us.

Mahdi
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Personally im not a drew hater or a drew lover. When he plays well I give him credit and when he plays badly I critisize him. But until we bring in some serious o-line help that consistently provides a solid pocket for 3.5 to 4.5 seconds (although they have played better lately) and can open up holes for willis which will open up the passing game more, I do not want to see any QB change. Bledsoe is a pocket passer without the personnel to provide him a pocket. First 6 games 1-5 record (24 sacks) last 6 games 5-1 (7 sacks). Bledsoe can be very successful next year with a couple of O-line aquisitions.

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
coming from someone who won't admit he assumed i was saying something i wasn't.

I'm not gonna take the time to go search for it but I distinctly remember you saying you were gonna stop posting here a few weeks ago because us "so called Bills fans" were being so hard on Bledsoe

I remember it because I negged you "good ridence" for it. You've done it before so why should I not believe you were doing the same thing to ScottLawrence

FTG
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
maybe you should take some of your own medicine.

you first

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm not gonna take the time to go search for it but I distinctly remember you saying you were gonna stop posting here a few weeks ago because us "so called Bills fans" were being so hard on Bledsoe

I remember it because I negged you "good ridence" for it. You've done it before so why should I not believe you were doing the same thing to ScottLawrence

It's true... I got so sick of "the haters" giving all the blame but 0 credit i got sick of it and lost it. It wasn't meant to be a general but directed at a few individuals who are again arguing the same points now with many other people. Unfortunately the way i worded it was done poorly on my part and it came off very generally.

When The Philster talked about driving off anyone who actually supports Drew or gives him credit, this is what he meant i assume.

However... i hardly think this was even remotely the same. I asked if he was a Bills or Bengals fan because i DID NOT HONESTLY KNOW. why can't you seem to understand this?

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
It's true... I got so sick of "the haters" giving all the blame but 0 credit i got sick of it and lost it. It wasn't meant to be a general but directed at a few individuals who are again arguing the same points now with many other people. Unfortunately the way i worded it was done poorly on my part and it came off very generally.

When The Philster talked about driving off anyone who actually supports Drew or gives him credit, this is what he meant i assume.

However... i hardly think this was even remotely the same. I asked if he was a Bills or Bengals fan because i DID NOT HONESTLY KNOW. why can't you seem to understand this?

See how i admited I was wrong (though I still stand by my rant in terms of those who cannot give someone credit but only blame)... now you try FTG

FTG
12-06-2004, 09:01 PM

since you're being so insistant about it and have not been around I'll take your word you really did not know scott is a Bills fan. Sorry. Are you happy now?

If you were fair you'd see why I thought that. When you called us "jokes" as bills fans people remember that and just assume you were doing the same with Scott. I'm hardly the only person assuming around here today. There's a lot of it going on

cordog
12-06-2004, 09:03 PM
you first

very mature.

FTG
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
See how i admited I was wrong (though I still stand by my rant in terms of those who cannot give someone credit but only blame)... now you try FTG

You are seeing what you want to see. There is no one here not giving Drew credit for his great game yesterday. Just because we do not expect him to keep it up does not mean we are not giving him credit

FTG
12-06-2004, 09:05 PM
very mature.

very mature because I asked you to practice what you preach? Ok. Whatever :rolleyes:

cordog
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
very mature because I asked you to practice what you preach? Ok. Whatever :rolleyes:

and i asked you to do the same. But i see you did the same to Canandien too.

The_Philster
12-06-2004, 09:13 PM

When The Philster talked about driving off anyone who actually supports Drew or gives him credit, this is what he meant i assume. You assume correctly :up:

FTG
12-06-2004, 09:23 PM
You assume correctly :up:

no one has to leave because they don't like others opinions. If anyones that thin skinned shame on them

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 09:27 PM
You are seeing what you want to see. There is no one here not giving Drew credit for his great game yesterday. Just because we do not expect him to keep it up does not mean we are not giving him credit

You are probably right... I just see people saying "fine he played good... until he screws up next week" and it drives me nuts.... he had a bunch of good games that they found ways to critisize and say "so what" over, and he has to throw 4 TD's before they can say that it was a good game. ONLY to insinuate that he just going to screw up next week anyway. the old back handed compliment.

I do admit i took it too far before though. I just got caught up in the emotional rollercoaster ride that is Buffalo Bills 2005.

and for the record. apology accepted, thank you.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2004, 09:32 PM

next to last paragraph

basically what he is saying is like with all the cincy qb's that there have been when he played there, and now in buffalo, obviously some people in the locker room *coaches, players*, the media, the fans, and others dont like a certain player or wish they would have the "future" take over

its nice to see a veteran have confidence in their offensive leader, and hopefully there is no negative repercussions

colin
12-06-2004, 10:32 PM
anyone who thinks there is a quarterback on the roster better than bledsoe is a moron.

people who think "anyone but bledsoe" are also morons

lastly, the people who think the quarterback is the whole team are sub morons. these sub morons came out in droves when flutie was here, and their like (un)minded fools are here now and have been here for a bit. the difference is instead of hero worship for the QB, it is demonizing the qb.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Who wants to bench him right now while we are still in the playoff race? Who? I've not seen it.
you don't want him to succeed...you don't want to see him here next year...admit it.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:02 AM
anyone who thinks there is a quarterback on the roster better than bledsoe is a moron.

lastly, the people who think the quarterback is the whole team are sub morons. these sub morons came out in droves when flutie was here, and their like (un)minded fools are here now and have been here for a bit. the difference is instead of hero worship for the QB, it is demonizing the qb.
good job...there are a variety of reasons this team sucked from the NE game in 2002 until midway through this season...start with gr-EGG HEAD Williams, the OL, DB, and a host of others. There are still problems with this team but would you rather be Miami with Feeley, SF with Rattay, Cleveland with Couch, Chicago with QB du jour?? Come on. Yeah, DB sucked for a year or more. Lots of things go into his being bad; some of which are his own. The goal this year was to try to reclimate DB. It appears the Bills did that. I don't remember there being a promise to do it in one game. Many things had to be learned by a lot of players on this team and it wasn't going to be overnight. That is also not to say that DB can't go out and have a bad playoff game (like Kelly did in a few Superbowls - guess he is a choker). What's amazing is that people who have sacked DB for almost two years are willing to "give him credit" for one game and in the next sentance bash him again. Do we need to be cautious in our optimism? YES. However, beating your chest when DB has a good game, predicting another bad game on the horizon doesn't really mean much. All players have bad games. DB will have another horrible one at some point.

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:03 AM
you don't want him to succeed...you don't want to see him here next year...admit it.

:rolleyes: What a ****** arrogant comment. You have never even met me. You are absolutely uncatagorically wrong!!!! Do I think he can keep this play up? No! I seen a lot more poor play from him than I have good. If you wanna construe not thinking he can succeed into not wanting him to succeed go right ahead.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:06 AM
:rolleyes: What a ****** arrogant comment. You have never even met me. You are absolutely uncatagorically wrong!!!! Do I think he can keep this play up? No! I seen a lot more poor play from him than I have good. If you wanna construe not thinking he can succeed into not wanting him to succeed go right ahead.
I've been reading your posts for two years...I didn't construe anything...oh, btw, I saw your there in the arrogant line twice...

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:07 AM

Nice Eb. This guy goes into personal attacks and all you as a moderator do is quote him and say

good job....

What a ****** joke

mybills
12-07-2004, 08:07 AM
So I fail to see where I did not give him credit. However, I still believe he is not the answer and have never waivered on that, nor will I. He has proven over time that he is not capable of being consistent against winning teams, and his playoff stats are terrible. He could prove me wrong, but after 11 years I can't see how anyone would think he is going to change. It would be different if he had been consistent for many years and just had one or two off seasons. But that's not the case. I'm hoping for the best but prepared for (and expect) the worst.
:bf1:

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I've been reading your posts for two years...I didn't construe anything...oh, btw, I saw your there in the arrogant line twice...

Think whatever you want. As long as my Bills win I'm happy. I could care less what you think

colin
12-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Nice Eb. This guy goes into personal attacks and all you as a moderator do is quote him and say

What a ****** joke

who was personally attacked here?

i translated the comment that Spikes made, and mentioned no one personally

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:30 AM
who was personally attacked here?

i translated the comment that Spikes made, and mentioned no one personally

:roflmao: good one! Where in this did you say you were translating what spikes said? Please point it out. I missed it.

colin
12-07-2004, 08:36 AM
:roflmao: good one! Where in this did you say you were translating what spikes said? Please point it out. I missed it.

the thread title is
What is this quote from Spikes saying?

my post is the answer to this question.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:37 AM

nowhere did he point out that you were a moron.

:D

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:44 AM
the thread title is
What is this quote from Spikes saying?

my post is the answer to this question.

. well I guess he was saying some of his teamates are morons too

FTG
12-07-2004, 08:48 AM
nowhere did he point out that you were a moron.

:D

So if I start posting that anyone who thinks Drew can lead us to a SB is a moron or that anyone who thinks he won't bomb against a good team is a submoron you're gonna let it slide? (i'm not gonna do it. I can tolerate others opinios without thinking they are morons)

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:56 AM
So if I start posting that anyone who thinks Drew can lead us to a SB is a moron or that anyone who thinks he won't bomb against a good team is a submoron you're gonna let it slide? (i'm not gonna do it. I can tolerate others opinios without thinking they are morons)
we went through this with Bush/Kerry Lovers/Haters...as long as it is not a personal attack (calling out one person) then we let it slide....UNTIL there is an obvious attempt to enflame...calling Bledsoe haters, as a group, morons once or twice will get through...calling them out time after time after time after time will get a warning.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
. well I guess he was saying some of his teamates are morons too
some of them might have been....athletes aren't exactly brain surgeons...

Tatonka
12-07-2004, 09:06 AM
aside from all the petty bickering in this thread.. which is really comical to read, being that i am not involved in it..

I think that TKO definately was saying that Drew was taking major heat from everyone INCLUDING his own teammates..

does that suprise anyone? if you have 12 tds and 24 Turnovers last year, a year in which we were supposed to be playoff contenders, and started the year off a strong 2-0, i would call you out..

and if you played like dog **** every time we played a touch opponent on the road, i would call you out..

and if your career playoff numbers looked as miserable as drews.. after 11 years.. i would call you out too..

but i am sure that all his teammates have total confidence in him.

:rolleyes:

FTG
12-07-2004, 09:21 AM
aside from all the petty bickering in this thread.. which is really comical to read, being that i am not involved in it..

For once :snicker:

Tatonka
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM
For once :snicker:

:ontome:

justasportsfan
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Heck, I saw the argument that he hasn't won a Super Bowl so he won't win one...been in the NFL for 11 years so he can't do it. :scratch: Remind me...how long was Elway in the league before he won his first?Phil. He can't do it !!!! Drew cannot and has not sustained a series of great games against winning teams. Guess what teams he'll have to face if we even made playoffs? As much as I want to be soooo wrong about Drew, he isn't the guy to take us all the way. I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

Don't even compare him to Elway. Elway won sb's by moving in the pocket or throwing while out of it and on the run. Drew does not have that capability.

Ebenezer
12-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Phil. He can't do it !!!! Drew cannot and has not sustained a series of great games against winning teams. Guess what teams he'll have to face if we even made playoffs? As much as I want to be soooo wrong about Drew, he isn't the guy to take us all the way. I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

Don't even compare him to Elway. Elway won sb's by moving in the pocket or throwing while out of it and on the run. Drew does not have that capability.
Elway won SBs because of Terrell Davis...he choked in other big games and never even came close to winning the big one (blow out loss) until he had a running game and OL.

justasportsfan
12-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Elway won SBs because of Terrell Davis...he choked in other big games and never even came close to winning the big one (blow out loss) until he had a running game and OL.and that too. :D

The_Philster
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Elway won SBs because of Terrell Davis...he choked in other big games and never even came close to winning the big one (blow out loss) until he had a running game and OL.
:bf1:

Funny thing is, Drew plays his best when he has some protection and a running game :scratch:

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Don't even compare him to Elway. Elway won sb's by moving in the pocket or throwing while out of it and on the run. Drew does not have that capability.Drew to Elway? :roflmao:

The first ballot HoFer who carried the Broncos on his back to 3 SBs (that's six playoff wins), and then won 2 SB's (4 more playoff wins) when he got a running game?

Oh and "The Drive" in the '86 AFC Championship game?

Oh, and....

148 games won as a starting quarterback – NFL Record

47 game-winning or game-tying drives in the fourth quarter – NFL Record

5-time Super Bowl starting quarterback – NFL Record

50,000+ career passing yards and 3,000+ career rushing yards – NFL Record

7 consecutive seasons with 3000+ passing yards and 200+ rushing yards – NFL Record

NFL Most Valuable Player – 1987

Super Bowl Most Valuable Player – Super Bowl XXXIII

9-time Pro Bowl selection

3-time All Pro selection
:roflmao: