X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Eric Allen: Bills Get Wildcard

On ESPN Monday QB Eric Allen is picking Buffalo to get a Wildcard.. The PencilNeck host basically laughed at his choice and Ditka said the schedule the rest of the way will keep us out.. I Guess he means Pitts.

I dont fear the Steelers even though they have a good Defense, I think they will be be trying to win homefield throughout when we play week 17.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • TedMock
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
    On ESPN Monday QB Eric Allen is picking Buffalo to get a Wildcard.. The PencilNeck host basically laughed at his choice and Ditka said the schedule the rest of the way will keep us out.. I Guess he means Pitts.

I dont fear the Steelers even though they have a good Defense, I think they will be be trying to win homefield throughout when we play week 17.
    I think the remaining schedule favors us more than any other team in the hunt. The game that scares me most is Cincy. Pittsburgh will probably be playing us to gain home field throughout, because I don't see NE losing any between now and then. Maybe the J-E-T-S can pull off an upset, but I doubt it. I know that the Jets losing out would help us, but that's so unlikely, that I just assume they beat the Pats, leavng Pitts with a home-field clinching by week 16. This is assuming that Pitts and Buffalo win the next three, of course. Buffalo and the Jets rubber match in the Wild Card. Hey, ya never know.

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

Eric Allen is my new favorite ESPN analyst!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Comment

• bdogg
        • Oct 2003

I believe that pitts cant come here and beat us! we are strong at home, and its not like they are playing well.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bdogg
          I believe that pitts cant come here and beat us! we are strong at home, and its not like they are playing well.
          Pittsburgh is by no means invunerable. Everyone also forgets Buffalo's ace in the hole: Mike Mularkey. Remember where he comes from? He's sure to have knowledge on them regardless of personell changes...

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice

check the schedules....NE might be able to run the table with their second team...

NE:
            Cinci
            @Miami
            @NYJets
            SF

Pitts:
            NY Jets
            @NY Giants
            Baltimore
            @Buffalo

The best that Pitts can do is tie NE and I can't see that happening...the Jan. 2 game may mean nothing to the Steelers.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              check the schedules....NE might be able to run the table with their second team...

NE:
              Cinci
              @Miami
              @NYJets
              SF

Pitts:
              NY Jets
              @NY Giants
              Baltimore
              @Buffalo

The best that Pitts can do is tie NE and I can't see that happening...the Jan. 2 game may mean nothing to the Steelers.
              Don't forget Indy (9-3) ....
              @Houston
              Baltimore
              San Diego
              @Denver

Where could this leave the 1-game, home-field advantage race?

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                Closet Bills Fan
                • Nov 2004

NE:
                Cinci
                @Miami
                @NYJets
                SF

Pitts:
                NY Jets
                @NY Giants
                Baltimore
                @Buffalo

yes TIE ne, but they have the tiebreaker via beating them
                so if the records are tied, pitt will be #1, ne #2..... which for the sake of wild cards would mean should buffalo advance to the conference divisional round... they would play pitt again

j-e-t-s
                jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                  Don't forget Indy (9-3) ....
                  @Houston
                  Baltimore
                  San Diego
                  @Denver

Where could this leave the 1-game, home-field advantage race?
                  Indi is not catching Pitts or NE. That would require either NE or Pitts to lose 2 which will not happen.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                    yes TIE ne, but they have the tiebreaker via beating them
                    so if the records are tied, pitt will be #1, ne #2..... which for the sake of wild cards would mean should buffalo advance to the conference divisional round... they would play pitt again
                    my point was that NE is going to run the table (I said that about 3 weeks ago)...Pitts will lose 1 before the Bills game...

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Indi is not catching Pitts or NE. That would require either NE or Pitts to lose 2 which will not happen.
                      I don't think so either; definitely not NE, but Pitts is possible althought I doubt that, too. Do you see them losing any of the three prior to us? If so, can we beat them the last game (if we're 3-0 until then)? Assuming Indy wins out, they're both 13-3 and Indy's remaining wins would be to AFC teams. That leaves them with 3 AFC losses. Pitts will beat the Giants, leaving them with 3 AFC teams to face. Can two of these teams pull off an upset?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                        I don't think so either; definitely not NE, but Pitts is possible althought I doubt that, too. Do you see them losing any of the three prior to us? If so, can we beat them the last game (if we're 3-0 until then)? Assuming Indy wins out, they're both 13-3 and Indy's remaining wins would be to AFC teams. That leaves them with 3 AFC losses. Pitts will beat the Giants, leaving them with 3 AFC teams to face. Can two of these teams pull off an upset?
                        Sorry, tired from travelling...here is what I think...Pitts will lock up their division...lose one more game than NE but not the two needed for Indi to pass them...thus, they will be #2 in the conference coming in here on 1/2...nothing to play for.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                          Pittsburgh is by no means invunerable. Everyone also forgets Buffalo's ace in the hole: Mike Mularkey. Remember where he comes from? He's sure to have knowledge on them regardless of personell changes...
                          Good point.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                            Good point.
                            Thanks

Comment

• zone
                              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
                              Not only MM, but remeber Dicky boy coached here last year, and I am sure he has installed a simalar system back in Pitt, It could be a plus for us having Jerry Gray know what DL is all about, but then agian it could be a neg since he knows our D.
                              www.blzbus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X