PDA

View Full Version : Eric Allen: Bills Get Wildcard

juice
12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
On ESPN Monday QB Eric Allen is picking Buffalo to get a Wildcard.. The PencilNeck host basically laughed at his choice and Ditka said the schedule the rest of the way will keep us out.. I Guess he means Pitts.

I dont fear the Steelers even though they have a good Defense, I think they will be be trying to win homefield throughout when we play week 17.

TedMock
12-06-2004, 02:12 PM
On ESPN Monday QB Eric Allen is picking Buffalo to get a Wildcard.. The PencilNeck host basically laughed at his choice and Ditka said the schedule the rest of the way will keep us out.. I Guess he means Pitts.

I dont fear the Steelers even though they have a good Defense, I think they will be be trying to win homefield throughout when we play week 17.

I think the remaining schedule favors us more than any other team in the hunt. The game that scares me most is Cincy. Pittsburgh will probably be playing us to gain home field throughout, because I don't see NE losing any between now and then. Maybe the J-E-T-S can pull off an upset, but I doubt it. I know that the Jets losing out would help us, but that's so unlikely, that I just assume they beat the Pats, leavng Pitts with a home-field clinching by week 16. This is assuming that Pitts and Buffalo win the next three, of course. Buffalo and the Jets rubber match in the Wild Card. Hey, ya never know.

Iehoshua
12-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Eric Allen is my new favorite ESPN analyst!
:up:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

bdogg
12-06-2004, 02:16 PM
I believe that pitts cant come here and beat us! we are strong at home, and its not like they are playing well.

Iehoshua
12-06-2004, 02:18 PM
I believe that pitts cant come here and beat us! we are strong at home, and its not like they are playing well.

Pittsburgh is by no means invunerable. Everyone also forgets Buffalo's ace in the hole: Mike Mularkey. Remember where he comes from? He's sure to have knowledge on them regardless of personell changes...

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:22 PM

check the schedules....NE might be able to run the table with their second team...

NE:
Cinci
@Miami
@NYJets
SF

Pitts:
NY Jets
@NY Giants
Baltimore
@Buffalo

The best that Pitts can do is tie NE and I can't see that happening...the Jan. 2 game may mean nothing to the Steelers.

TedMock
12-06-2004, 02:26 PM
check the schedules....NE might be able to run the table with their second team...

NE:
Cinci
@Miami
@NYJets
SF

Pitts:
NY Jets
@NY Giants
Baltimore
@Buffalo

The best that Pitts can do is tie NE and I can't see that happening...the Jan. 2 game may mean nothing to the Steelers.

Don't forget Indy (9-3) ....
@Houston
Baltimore
San Diego
@Denver

Where could this leave the 1-game, home-field advantage race?

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2004, 02:31 PM

NE:
Cinci
@Miami
@NYJets
SF

Pitts:
NY Jets
@NY Giants
Baltimore
@Buffalo

yes TIE ne, but they have the tiebreaker via beating them
so if the records are tied, pitt will be #1, ne #2..... which for the sake of wild cards would mean should buffalo advance to the conference divisional round... they would play pitt again

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Don't forget Indy (9-3) ....
@Houston
Baltimore
San Diego
@Denver

Where could this leave the 1-game, home-field advantage race?
Indi is not catching Pitts or NE. That would require either NE or Pitts to lose 2 which will not happen.

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
yes TIE ne, but they have the tiebreaker via beating them
so if the records are tied, pitt will be #1, ne #2..... which for the sake of wild cards would mean should buffalo advance to the conference divisional round... they would play pitt again
my point was that NE is going to run the table (I said that about 3 weeks ago)...Pitts will lose 1 before the Bills game...

TedMock
12-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Indi is not catching Pitts or NE. That would require either NE or Pitts to lose 2 which will not happen.

I don't think so either; definitely not NE, but Pitts is possible althought I doubt that, too. Do you see them losing any of the three prior to us? If so, can we beat them the last game (if we're 3-0 until then)? Assuming Indy wins out, they're both 13-3 and Indy's remaining wins would be to AFC teams. That leaves them with 3 AFC losses. Pitts will beat the Giants, leaving them with 3 AFC teams to face. Can two of these teams pull off an upset?

Ebenezer
12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't think so either; definitely not NE, but Pitts is possible althought I doubt that, too. Do you see them losing any of the three prior to us? If so, can we beat them the last game (if we're 3-0 until then)? Assuming Indy wins out, they're both 13-3 and Indy's remaining wins would be to AFC teams. That leaves them with 3 AFC losses. Pitts will beat the Giants, leaving them with 3 AFC teams to face. Can two of these teams pull off an upset?
Sorry, tired from travelling...here is what I think...Pitts will lock up their division...lose one more game than NE but not the two needed for Indi to pass them...thus, they will be #2 in the conference coming in here on 1/2...nothing to play for.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Pittsburgh is by no means invunerable. Everyone also forgets Buffalo's ace in the hole: Mike Mularkey. Remember where he comes from? He's sure to have knowledge on them regardless of personell changes...
Good point.

Iehoshua
12-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Good point.

zone
12-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Not only MM, but remeber Dicky boy coached here last year, and I am sure he has installed a simalar system back in Pitt, It could be a plus for us having Jerry Gray know what DL is all about, but then agian it could be a neg since he knows our D.

helmetguy
12-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Looking ahead, the next three-while not gimmies-should get us poised for the finale vs. Pittsburgh. The Browns are, quite simply, a total mess. Cincy is playing well (sneaking past a banged up Ravens team) but had nearly hal a buck hung on them by the mess that is Cleveland. SF is a bit of a concern, only because it is yet another left coast game. Still they're even more of a mess than Cleveland. That leaves Pittsburgh. Regardless of what their home-field prospects are, it is not in Bill Cowher's nature to rest a bunch of starters. That's what the first round bye week is for. Expect them to approach this game as if they're in the Bills' position.

We can't control what happens to the teams currently ahead of us, obviously. The team has shown steady improvement over the past few weeks-with a couple of hiccups along the way. We may not be "there" yet, but approaching it; mainly because we're no longer one dimensional. There's no reliance on a single player or a single unit, for that matter. If we miss the playoffs, it certainly won't be because they gave up. And I can live with that.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Did any of you watch Sunday night's game (Pitt & Jax)? Because if you did, you would have witnessed the league's best team, responding to their greatest challenge of the season, with a masterful game winning drive in the final minute of the game. These guys are ballers. Sure they have weaknesses, but what team doesn't? All Pittsbugh has to do is win out and they have the tie breaker over our hated rival. I don't see those guys losing the rest of the year, and we will meet in Ralph Wilson Stadium on Jan. 2 with home field advantage at stake for the Steelers. To win a championship you must be able to run and stop the run. Last night's defensive performance aginst Fred taylor & Co. aside (and they still won), name one team that does this better than Pittsburgh?

FTG
12-06-2004, 06:34 PM

NE:
Cinci
@Miami
@NYJets
SF

Pitts:
NY Jets
@NY Giants
Baltimore
@Buffalo

And whats so tough about Pitts next 3 games? The 2 best teams before us are at home. They will come to Orchard Park 14-1 and need that game for home field

FTG
12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I'd rather have the game mean something for Pitt. If we can't beat them at home we will go nowhere in the playoffs anyway. Lets see what our team is really made of against a top team instead of hoping Pitt plays all thier scrubs

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2004, 07:03 PM
I'd rather have the game mean something for Pitt. If we can't beat them at home we will go nowhere in the playoffs anyway. Lets see what our team is really made of against a top team instead of hoping Pitt plays all thier scrubs

Exactly and if we can't beat them with everything on the line then we do not deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Very good point.

CuseJetsFan83
12-06-2004, 09:26 PM
pittsburgh at the ralph is pretty much alot safer than playing at ketchup field like the jets are this weekend........... hopefully we can win, but i dont know, this is one of those games i felt really uneasy with.....

buffalo should be able to manhandle cleveland.......... and san fran

cincy has something to play for... and thats why buffalo cant take them that lightly........... winner of this game remains alive..... loser is gone

pitt....... should they conquer cincy, buffalo could find themselves in a sort of last week drama like a few years ago with the 3 way tie in the afc east.......... it could end up a 3 or 4 team tie for that #6 spot........ oh and people thought the damn BCS was a shame lol

juice
12-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Salisbury just picked the Jets at 10-6 and the Jags at 9-7 to get in.. he said that the line not protecting DB against aggressive defenses will be the reason we dont get in.

don137
12-07-2004, 11:52 AM
I am hoping that the Jets beat the Pats when they play so when the Steelers lose to the Bills they don't lose homefield advantage for the playoffs (assuming Pittsburgh wins all their games leading up to their matchup against the Bills).

don137
12-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Salisbury just picked the Jets at 10-6 and the Jags at 9-7 to get in.. he said that the line not protecting DB against aggressive defenses will be the reason we dont get in.

salisbury must be hanging with Ricky Williams. What has the Jags shown lately? Their 3-6 their last 9 games. Thats the one team that I don't see getting into the playoffs.

BAM
12-07-2004, 11:54 AM

I saw that too. He also said that out of all the playoff contenders, the Bills could be the team to change things.....