PDA

View Full Version : Shelton about to get "Jacked Up"

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 07:44 PM
only caught a glimpse at the clip but i think it was the hit on Shelton that is about to be shown on the "jacked up" section of Monday countdown.

LtBillsFan66
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Yep. But guess what!!! He held on to the ball!

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 08:00 PM
it was a good hit, but if you don't jar the ball loose i say it's not that bad.

Blaylock and Chapman (sp?) both got seriously Jacked Up.

I'm not a Lynch fan, but he still hits a ton.

dannyek71
12-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Im becoming more and more a fan of Shelton every game. He is a tough, gritty role player. Exactly what this team needs.

NapalmDeath
12-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Im becoming more and more a fan of Shelton every game. He is a tough, gritty role player. Exactly what this team needs.

:up:

cordog
12-06-2004, 10:13 PM
I was skeptical when the Bills didnt try to resign Gash, but TD made a great move signing this guy.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 10:20 PM
Yep. But guess what!!! He held on to the ball!

Shelton definitely is a positive force so far and I love the way he smash blocks.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
I have been impressed with Shelton too....hard to believe he was out of the league what? last year?

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I have been impressed with Shelton too....hard to believe he was out of the league what? last year?

What's even harder to believe is that he was CUT by THE BEARS.

lordofgun
12-07-2004, 09:40 AM
That's not so hard to believe, actually. :D

justasportsfan
12-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Drew the statue made Taylor miss a tackle for positive rush yards. :snicker: for a second , it reminded me of Chad owning Robinson.

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
That's not so hard to believe, actually. :D

I just find it odd that such a crappy team could cut such a valuable player. Was it for salary reasons?

lordofgun
12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
I just find it odd that such a crappy team could cut such a valuable player. Was it for salary reasons?
Who knows, but it's the bears! They do dumb stuff all the time. :ee:

Jan Reimers
12-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Who knows, but it's the bears! They do dumb stuff all the time. :ee:
Yeah, they do dumb stuff on this board, too.

BuffaloRanger
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
it was a good hit, but if you don't jar the ball loose i say it's not that bad.

Blaylock and Chapman (sp?) both got seriously Jacked Up.

I'm not a Lynch fan, but he still hits a ton.

Again, another spearing penalty not called. The NFL officials are a bad joke. Maybe when a star's career is ended early they'll start calling it.

Lynch = Bronco
Broncos = Dirty team for years

G. Host
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
No it isn't. He was doing steriods and after suspension and cleaning out they were worried he wouldn't be same player. I like him but I hope he is clean now.

Canadian'eh!
12-07-2004, 01:19 PM
No it isn't. He was doing steriods and after suspension and cleaning out they were worried he wouldn't be same player. I like him but I hope he is clean now.

whoa... never knew any of this... worriesome. but not too much. still a good player. thanks for the info.

Michael82
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM

Shelton definitely is a positive force so far and I love the way he smash blocks.
It was another great diamond in the rough signing by that terrible GM of ours. :snicker:

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM

Do you know this for a fact? I've never heard this before either. Please say it isn't so.

G. Host
12-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Do you know this for a fact? I've never heard this before either. Please say it isn't so.

He may not have intentionally been doing it but he was suspended for four weeks.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Yeah, they do dumb stuff on this board, too.:rofl:

I think this is like the 3rd time in as many days that you've made me laugh. Might have to start one of those laugh trackers.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
It was another great diamond in the rough signing by that terrible GM of ours. :snicker:
23-37. :up:

LtBillsFan66
12-07-2004, 10:14 PM
He may not have intentionally been doing it but he was suspended for four weeks.
Are you sure it was roids?

One thing that bugs me is when they say a player is suspended for "substance abuse" they never say what substance.

It could have been ephedrine or something lame like that.

And this is the first I'm hearing of this too...

G. Host
12-08-2004, 01:31 AM
I read it in multiple sources but it may be multiple sources from wire or multiple people quoting same source. He was doing well in Chicago having blocked for another runner with great season, had been suspended and all work dries up as it does frequently for FBs.

If I see it again I'll post a link.

G. Host
12-08-2004, 01:44 AM
I saw it in a "major" press article but I can not find it now; it was either a Buffalo paper or a NFL/ESPN/CBS/CNNSI/PFW/etc site, the type I usually post. I have nothing against him despite being a Gash supporter last year and I am doing this only to get explain why he was out of football. I think Yahoo or Fanball might have an article as well.

Here is an article which mentions his lawsuit:
http://www.courthousenews.com/jumppage.Oct.14.htm

NFL Fullback Says Store Sold Him Banned Steroid

Pro football player Daimon Shelton has sued Max Muscle Stores in Sacramento State Court for allegedly selling him a banned steroid in a dietary supplement, causing him to be banned from four NFL games, to miss a playoff game, and hurting his value in the free-agent market.
In 2001, while he was starting fullback for the Chicago Bears, Shelton said he asked the Max Muscle store in his hometown of Sacramento for something to build strength. He told the salesperson he was an NFL player and had to be very careful about taking banned substances. He was sold Adipokinetix, and was assured it met his needs.
Shelton, now starting fullback for the Buffalo Bills, said he took the product and found out later that it contained a steroid precursor, 19-norandostenediol, which requires a doctor’s prescription and is unsafe without a prescription because of serious side effects. The ingredient was not listed on the bottle, the complaint states. As a result, Shelton tested positive for steroids and was banned from the last game of the 2001 season and the first three games of the 2002 season.
He lost $17,000 he would have earned had he been eligible for a playoff game, his entire 2002 salary with the Bears, and his value in the free-agent market was diminished because of the taint of his failed drug test, which was inadvertent on his part and a result of the store’s selling him the banned product, the suit states. He was unable to sign with another team until 2004. He seeks past and future damages and damages for emotional distress.