X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Wys- now that Minesota beat Green Bay,

is the Bills' road win at Minnesota a "quality win" in your book?

My point: your relative statistical analysis is meritless. What is discounted 1 week becomes a virtue the next, simply because the NFL has such a high level of parity. You call the Jets "on a major roll" simply because they've averaged 26 points the last couple of weeks. So what? Past performance is not indicative of what the team will do in the future.

I haven't looked at the Jets' schedule- tell me who is on their list that counts as a "quality win" as opposed to the Bills' list?
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

I'll answer my own question- San Diego.

That's it- the Jets' only "quality win". It's a good one, but big deal in this era of parity.

The Jets prove that "quality wins" is a relative debate based on what just happened, and that teams can go from being crappola to quality in 1 week.

That's why Wys's argument about who the Bills beat is crappola too- it means nothing. The only thing that matters is winning, no matter who you play.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
      • Oct 2002

WOW, you know a lot of big words. Good point too. I think you and Wys would make good lawyers.

Your Witness Mr. Wys

Comment

• EricStratton
        • Jul 2002

Judge, let's toss the Rams into your mix.

The entire NFL is gushing over 5 in a row and the "great" QB they found and yet of the 5 they have 1 "quality" win, that being the Chargers in St. Louis.

That's the NFL in the parity world. Every win counts the same whether it's a great team or a crap team you beat.

At the end of the year count 'em up and head for the playoffs.

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by EricStratton
          Judge, let's toss the Rams into your mix.

The entire NFL is gushing over 5 in a row and the "great" QB they found and yet of the 5 they have 1 "quality" win, that being the Chargers in St. Louis.

That's the NFL in the parity world. Every win counts the same whether it's a great team or a crap team you beat.

At the end of the year count 'em up and head for the playoffs.
          Outstanding example.

Comment

• EricStratton
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

Outstanding example.

I'm sure someone will poke holes in it.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
              • Oct 2002

Damn Wys, get in here and lets get this thing heated up.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

If a good record necessarily entails a good team, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

The Bears were 13-3 last season based on beating nobodies all season long. They got dusted in the playoffs and they suck now.

Lo and behold, look at how good they really seem to be now that they have a schedule. This argument is lame. I get lambasted all the time for throwing up a handful of things. Here Judge tosses up one game and it's supposed to be the standard for the year, indirectly I might add, for how good the Bills are.

Somebody wake me up when we beat a caliber team w/ all of their players on the field.

For those of you think our team is good, good for you!
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                  If a good record necessarily entails a good team, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

The Bears were 13-3 last season based on beating nobodies all season long. They got dusted in the playoffs and they suck now.

Lo and behold, look at how good they really seem to be now that they have a schedule. This argument is lame. I get lambasted all the time for throwing up a handful of things. Here Judge tosses up one game and it's supposed to be the standard for the year, indirectly I might add, for how good the Bills are.

Somebody wake me up when we beat a caliber team w/ all of their players on the field.

For those of you think our team is good, good for you!
                  Do you even believe what you write? It's hard to believe you listen to yourself or read it before you post something.

So now you're saying that Chicago was never any good, simply because they were 13-3 last year and now have hit the skids? Was New England any good when they won the Super Bowl? Who cares? They won a Super Bowl!

Your argument makes no sense.

You're the person who keeps harping and crying about the records that the teams the Bills have beaten have, not me. Now that you are confronted by the ludicrous nature of your argument, you try to twist it around.

Lame.

Is there anyone on here's who is worth arguing with? Wys can't seem to hack it.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I'd argue, but I agree. Sorry Judge. Plus I'm not worth arguing with anyway.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• EricStratton
                      • Jul 2002

I'll fight with you Judge, just for sport.

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Wys- now that Minesota beat Green Bay,

is the Bills' road win at Minnesota a "quality win" in your book?

My point: your relative statistical analysis is meritless. What is discounted 1 week becomes a virtue the next, simply because the NFL has such a high level of parity. You call the Jets "on a major roll" simply because they've averaged 26 points the last couple of weeks. So what? Past performance is not indicative of what the team will do in the future.

I haven't looked at the Jets' schedule- tell me who is on their list that counts as a "quality win" as opposed to the Bills' list?
                        While you are correct that poor statistical analysis is meritless, past performance IS indicative of what a team will do in the future.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Do you even believe what you write? It's hard to believe you listen to yourself or read it before you post something.

So now you're saying that Chicago was never any good, simply because they were 13-3 last year and now have hit the skids? Was New England any good when they won the Super Bowl? Who cares? They won a Super Bowl!

Your argument makes no sense.

You're the person who keeps harping and crying about the records that the teams the Bills have beaten have, not me. Now that you are confronted by the ludicrous nature of your argument, you try to twist it around.

Lame.

No Judge, actually that's very clearly not what I said. So really no sense in arguing any further.

I would like to clarify however; what you are saying in all of that is that a record defines a team regardless of who they've played, won, and lost to. Is that it?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

No response Judge?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                              • Oct 2002

I new I could count on Wys

Wys :peck: Lunatic

Comment

Working...
                              X