PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn was out!

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:19 PM
He didnt get his other foot down. Elbow hit out of bounds first.

NapalmDeath
12-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Seattle sucks. I am not watching the game, did they review it?

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2004, 11:38 PM
No, and Al Michaels was very suprised they didn't review it. Seriously, his left foot was down and then his elbow hit before his leg/ankle came down. If I were a Dallas fan (which I am most certainly not) I'd be really pissed right now.

Demon
12-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Seattle had no time outs.

But wow what a game. Dallas wins by 4. Julias Jones 198 yards, 3TD's.

The game was crazy the whole time. Dallas was down 14-3, then came back. Then, Seattle comes back, scores a TD late, to be up 3. Then Testeverde throws a INT and on a 4th and 1, Seattle goes for it and Alexander scores on a 30yard run to be up 10.

Dallas comes back, throws some quick passes, and then a bomb to Johnson, which he scores, but they couldn't review it because of no TO's. Then Dallas goes for an unsides kick, Jason Witten gets it. Dallas starts to attack, down field. Then with like 40 sec left and like 25 yards to go, they run with Jones, who breaks a tackle and scores a TD. So Dallas up 4.

With 40 sec left, Seattle throws a long pass to midfield and then a hail marry, which was deflected, stright to Bobby Engram's hands, who drops it with no time left!

lol but wow what a game. One of the best of the season.

cordog
12-06-2004, 11:39 PM
yeah that was crap! I cant believe they didnt go to replay

cordog
12-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Seattle had no time outs.

It was inside 2 minutes though wasnt it?

Canadian'eh!
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
It was inside 2 minutes though wasnt it?

yes.. it should have been a both review. I hate the review rules. what a joke.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2004, 12:17 AM
It was inside 2 minutes though wasnt it?It was, which is why Holmgren couldn't challenge. With his crappy luck tho... 1 for 21 on challenges...he probably would have screwed the pooch again even if he could have challenged.

However I will say it was a very exciting game to watch. It's great when you can just enjoy the game for what it is when you have no vested interest in it from a Bills perspective.

Demon
12-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Ohh, oops. My bad. For some reason i thought they scored with 2:06 on the clock, when it was 1:54. Sorry.

WTF did the NFL not challenge the play then??? wow.....

Forward_Lateral
12-07-2004, 06:47 AM
This is why instant replay is garbage. I wasn't watching the game, but I can almost be certain that the Cowboys kicked the extra point very quickly before the refs could review it. I hate that. I also hate it when teams go into hurry up mode in order to get a play off before it can be challenged.

lordofgun
12-07-2004, 08:19 AM
No, and Al Michaels was very suprised they didn't review it. Seriously, his left foot was down and then his elbow hit before his leg/ankle came down. If I were a Dallas fan (which I am most certainly not) I'd be really pissed right now.
Why?

chernobylwraiths
12-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Why?

I thought the same thing.

clumping platelets
12-07-2004, 08:58 AM
MeShawn was out but Jerry Rice should have been called for interference on that 1st Seattle TD

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-07-2004, 09:07 AM
the Cowboys kicked the extra point very quickly before the refs could review it. I hate that. I also hate it when teams go into hurry up mode in order to get a play off before it can be challenged.

Maybe I am crazy but I think the hurry up to avoid the possibility of a challenge is great fun....

BuffaloRanger
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
The NFL and it's front office is a joke. They "adjust" the rules where they see fit. That shouldn't have been a TD.

Remember a couple years in that Cleveland game. The Browns scored, kicked the extra point. AND THEN, the refs reviewed it, taking away the TD. Those refs ran like little *****es off the field as everthing that the fans could throw at them came at them from the stands. I have no sympathy for cheating idiots - which is what those refs were.

How ironic that the Cowboys got a good call. Who would have thought, right?

Only the Pats have more controversial calls go there way.

Charlieguide
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
I think this was definitely a makeup call for the Rice non-interference call.

On the topic of rushing to avoid the replay, something interesting came up earlier this season. I forget the teams (sorry) but at one point, a team scored a controversial TD, than rushed the PAT. But the defense (intentionally?) encroached on the PAT, stopping the play before it started. The booth then reviewed, and reversed the TD. Looks like there's a loophole there.

Ickybaluky
12-07-2004, 11:22 AM
He didnt get his other foot down. Elbow hit out of bounds first.

I think the ref ruled on the field that he was forced out by the DB. That is a judgement call by the ref, and is non-reviewable. The ref basically ruled he would have come down in-bounds if the defender didn't push him out.

BBlades89
12-07-2004, 11:32 AM
It's all about Vinny. He's replay invincible. One of the deciding factors for re-instating replay was the "Phantom TD" by Vinny and the Jets that knocked Seattle out of the playoff picture.

Anyways, the blame should be placed squarely on the Seahawks D. They just stunk for the most part.