X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Detroit let the Bills score to get the ball back once-

Does anyone else recall a home game in 1998 or 1999, when in the last 2 minutes of the game, with the Bills up by 1, and in control of the ball, Antowain Smith got the ball and burst through minimal defensive coverage for a 50+ yard TD run, galloping into the end zone?

That was the same game, I believe, that Bruce Smith tackled Barry Sanders for a safety.

Detroit got the ball back, and if I remember correctly put a drive together that made me nervous about tying the game up.

The Bills should remember this kind of stuff. It does happen.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Good memory! It's not ridiculous! It seems like common sense to me. Who cares if your stats go down, it should be anything for the W.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

That was 1997
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

What is the relevence here?

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
          What is the relevence here?
          If you watched Sunday's game, you'd know!
          Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

It didn't work for the Packers in the Superbowl.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
              You gotta try though right? If you don't try to get the ball back, then you can't win.

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You're saying we should've let him score just to get the ball back, so we'd be down 8, try to score a TD and go for 2? Personally I probably wouldn't do that. Holmes was shut down by our D most of the game, so there was no reason to think (at that point) that we couldn't have forced a 3 and out.

But in hindsight, I guess we could've tried that.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

We couldn't have forced a 3-out. There was under 2 minutes left, and we had no timeouts. They were around our 30 yard line! That would have been the perfect time to let them score.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Judge
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
                    You're saying we should've let him score just to get the ball back, so we'd be down 8, try to score a TD and go for 2? Personally I probably wouldn't do that. Holmes was shut down by our D most of the game, so there was no reason to think (at that point) that we couldn't have forced a 3 and out.

But in hindsight, I guess we could've tried that.
                    Yeah, That was really the only thing left that could have been done. It could have at least given the Bills the ball back, IF KC didn't just run around and runout the clock.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                      True it didn't work, but that’s because Holmgren made a mistake and forgot the time and timeouts left. I don't remember exactly the situation, however I remember that it was the WRONG time to do it. In fact Holmgren himself said (after the superbowl) that he screwed up and shouldn't have made that call, that he forgot (or lost track of) what the situation was. I guess the best of them can screw up too...
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X